Reviews for Promises of Love
StarlingChild4 chapter 1 . 1/4/2019
I love this! It's always nice to find fics of "obscure" fandoms like this. You captured Giselle's voice (and change) beautifully. Well done!
SNeptune21 chapter 1 . 7/9/2013
Perfectly perfect, my dear. An excellent in-between that suits the movie's narrative to a T.
Rachel Smith Cobleigh chapter 1 . 1/3/2013
Lovely and insightful! I especially liked with that moment when she begins to transition from the naïveté of a young girl to the awareness of a mature woman, and you did a good job of speaking in Giselle's voice.
DannySamLover20 chapter 1 . 11/27/2011
wow! nice job!
braceface freak chapter 1 . 1/9/2011
That was stunning...just stunning! I felt so sprry for Giselle, I'm sure I'll feel even sadder now whenever I watch this scene!

"Robert," she whispered, "don't let me sleep."

I loved this! So beautiful, so despairing, so...I don't have any other words to describe it other than perfect!

I am favouriting straight away!
bowlfullofcherries chapter 1 . 9/16/2010
wonderful piece. thank you for sharing.
Emartin chapter 1 . 5/30/2009
Excellent story, so well-written. I enjoyed reading it very much!
Foxyfire chapter 1 . 3/2/2009
wow, simple and cute!

I wonder if you would do another one, but from robert's point of view (he didn't seem unfazed, more... scared?)

thx for the fic

Foxy
Teleri Pendaren chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
There are two types of fic in this world. The ones written by the high schoolers and teeny boppers and the well written ones for a mature adult audience. The lather are few and far between and are always a treasure to find. Thank you.
somethingborrowed3 chapter 1 . 6/4/2008
Wow. I really love reading fics that delve deep and explore a character's emotions. This is one of them - and I rarely see ones concerning Giselle. There is one about Nancy, quite a few about Robert, even one about Nathanial. Finally...a one about Giselle. Good job!
pippy chapter 1 . 4/21/2008
wow one of the best Enchanted stories here! well done you should write more. maybe with more Robert and Giselle action!
Ariellen chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
I first read this story not long after you wrote it, but I've been going back and re-reading Enchanted stories and leaving reviews.

This is a beautifully written journey into Giselle's mind at such a crucial moment in the film. Your characterization is fantastic. Giselle's fears and confusion resonate wonderfully. I like that you demonstrate how conflicted she is...she hasn't suddenly decided "Oh, I suppose I love Robert now, not Edward." You've done a great job capturing the complexity of her thoughts in this moment. I like the way you describe her 'inner music' and explore her fears about the sort of person she would be were she to come between Robert and Nancy. The fact that you explore the bond she's started to form with Morgan is also just lovely. Excellent job.
OtterPotter chapter 1 . 3/24/2008
Very good!
magialuna chapter 1 . 3/22/2008
I didn't really see anything to mention needed improvement. The feel of the writing is perfect for how Giselle feels to me in the movie. I love how you mention that if she interferes with Robert and Nancy this will make her, "Wicked." A perfect reference from someone from a fairytale land.

Also wonderful to see the mention of how she is trying to reconcile herself that her music and love will return, that the happiness will return when she sees Edward. Of course the Giselle we knew would persist in trying to be optimistic and try to remain positive. Also, I love that you have her reading that silly book that Robert gave Morgan at the beginning. It would have been very interesting to see that in the movie- her reaction to those type of women coming from the life she led.

Again, I really enjoyed your story and it really filled that void in the movie of, "What was going on in poor Giselle's head after Robert walked away." It was obvious it was more than just pain and being stunned. Very well written.
Sean Montgomery chapter 1 . 3/13/2008
You're two-for-two! Another terrific addition to the world of Enchanted fanfiction. Your ability to tap into a character's thoughts and emotions is wonderful to read. Your stories are deep and heartfelt. I really hope to see more from you in the future!