Reviews for Conversations and Interrogations
Sache8 chapter 18 . 7/28/2008
Okay. I must preface this review with a little personal story:

Five days ago I did not know who Balthier or Ashe were. The only FFXII characters that I knew were Vaan and Penelo because my dear friend and original fic coauthor Qwi Xux was writing a fanfic about them and we tend to need each other as sounding boards almost chronically at this point. But I was driving with my brother to Chicago on Wednesday afternoon and he starts telling me that the lastest FF that he's playing is the most sophisticated and interesting of any of them (I actually watched him play a good deal of X a few years ago when he was still living at home, so I already understood how the characters could be surprisingly engaging).

Between his report about some of what was going on in the game and Qwi's enthusiasm, I'll make a long story short and say that by the end of two days I had discovered Balthier and lost my heart and senses. Qwi finds this all to be rioutously funny, btw. She's admittedly not been much of a Balthier fan, traditionally, but has confessed that my enthusiasm is infectious, causing her to reassess him altoghether.

So anyway, venturing forth to troll for fanfic in a fandom I haven't even properly participated in from its primary source (thank you, YouTube!) I thereby found your stories. It is such a rare privelege to find adequate fic for one's favorite ship, let alone well-crafted, fully fleshed stories, with plot twists and dialogue to make me sour-apple green with envy.

Bravo! I loved both this story and its fluff-tripping-accidentally-into-plot predecessor. I know for a fact that I could never handle writing Balthier because trying to juggle romantic satisfaction/reconciliation and still keeping him as the rake that makes our feminine sensitivities so woozy on the inside is a very tall order indeed. One which you've managed to not only achieve, but master. I appreciate that the physical aspect of your romance is sufficiently steamy, keeping the characters in mind without venturing into straight, base vulgarity. And the intrigues and characterization keep me on my toes. By all rights, I should have reviewed every chapter, but I actually had to copy and paste this onto my hard drive to read because I'm actually visiting Qwi right now and we only have one internet connection between us.

I've copied and pasted the third story as well, and look forward to devouring that today and probably tomorrow with equal relish.

Thank you again! I will forevermore now be caused to giggle by the mention of sheep, which will no doubt add to the general opinion of everyone around me that I'm more than just a little bit crazy.
1599906 chapter 18 . 7/9/2008
YAY! YAY YAY YAY YAY YAY! I loved it from begining to end!
SwordOfBlackRoses chapter 9 . 4/5/2008
LOL XD "Balthier. We must talk about sheep." XDXDXD D *Glomps* I love your story!
Adrian Grae chapter 18 . 1/10/2008
encore! ENCORE!
Ashelia92 chapter 18 . 1/8/2008
...that was absolutely fantastic!ashe's dream was brilliant and i loved the line"it is not for the living to look always to the dead...the foundation with which to build a life anew".also it was a very bright idea that ashe and balthier went to marry with their battle outfit.i was expecting a gown for ashe like she was dressed when she married rasler but your idea was great and far more deserved a happy endind after all!
Cable Fraga chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
SHEEP! Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! I really enjoyed this journey and am looking forward to more! Thank you so much for writing this!
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
Sheep-mail... The best maritial communication there is! XD

Ashe's vision/dream of releasing her past ghosts for the bright future was, beyond all level, undeniably breathtaking and brilliant! Alas, I adored the maid's reaction to Basch's unmasking (not to mention the subtly gorgeous mention to him and Fran, and how he played the 'dad' role of walking Ashe down the aisle. :))

Balthier's message had me chortling, though, not as much as Vaan's ill-fated endeavours at sheep-herding, Ashe's heed of evading those dastardly, regicidal bedsheets (heh, heh), her and Balthier's disregard of traditional wedding attires, and the Atholl responsible for all the bite-marks that will come to litter Ashe's clothing and bed-net!

The Larsa/Penelo allusion. I admire you for it. ;)

Though, not as greatly as I love the grand, long-awaited wedding (and dazzling ending to a fantastic, gripping sequel!) that you've blessed us all with! Infinite Kudos! :D

(And yes, I DO wish for you to pursue one-shots ((and, even moreso, to make the 'Conversations' universe reach the status of epic trilogy)) surrounding the masterpiece of intruige, mystery, thrill, thought, humour, drama, action, and romance that you have achieved, being the outstanding author that you are.)
Aoife-hime chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
First of all, thank you for this wonderfully entertaining story. It was so much fun, start to finish - never a dull moment! I very much look forward to random snapshots of life in the 'Conversations' universe.

For the last chapter, I loved how you did the wedding: tongue in cheek with the dress code, Balthier being his normal mischevious self with the surprise scheduling... all around it was un-cliche and very awesome.

Again, thank you thank you thank you!
sapereaude13 chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
I think I was smiling the entire time I read this chapter and now my face hurts, so thanks a lot! Anyhow! I am so sad this is over, but what an incredible story you told here! You should be proud of how wonderful, exciting, awesome, and downright fun this all was. It has been so great to read such an intricately plotted, action-packed story featuring my favorite couple ever. I can't wait to see more stories in this universe, because it's just so incredible. Love love LOVE everything about this story!
Panzer718 chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
...(Speechless.) No amount of words could adequately describe our heart felt enjoyments over the "Conversation" series, it has brought us laughs and tears unlike any others, not to mention nail biting suspenses. The ending here, for the lack of better word...perfect. The dream Ashe witness fused the hope and the future of a new kingdom seamlessly transcended into reality. Simply marvelous. And can't forget about the sheep XD. As much as we can't read enough of your works I would like to see you take a little well deserved break. You have been doing updates none stop (almost none stop) for the past 4 weeks and the last thing we want is a burned out writer for our favorite pairing(but I am won't complain if your creative wheels kept on going...hehe.) In the meantime, I'll re-read the series and will probably try out War Privater(Balthier/Fran somehow does not stir anything within me :P) And once again allow me to express my sincerest gratitude over your wonderful works.
sapereaude13 chapter 17 . 1/7/2008
Wow, I don't know what else to say. This was absolutely perfect. I need to read the last chapter now :)
StillSleeping chapter 18 . 1/7/2008
I loved that! Please do another! I would have reviewed earlier but this is the first time that my computer has opened this window. I am so happy that Basch was revealed. YAY!
Panzer718 chapter 17 . 1/6/2008
Amazing! I wanted to jump the sofa again but I would certainly destroy it(I abused it pretty good last time), so I did the bed instead :) If they every turn the game into a movie I would whole heartily recommend this one as a script(but knowing Japanese, they would think this to be too sappy and Hollywood like :P) The method employed and executed by Joaquin was too sophisticated to be coming up by his dodo brain, I wonder if there are some other forces in shadow lending him a hand and...THE WEDDING! Can't wait for the next chapter...FLUFFY, FLUFFY, FLUFFY(kept on chanting.) Just like you said, an emotional roller coaster indeed!
Panzer718 chapter 16 . 1/6/2008
I am so getting a BlackBerry so I can get online and read your story while on the road...I still would have slap Balthier silly for all the thing that she said to Ashe. Men are all the same, they could say the most hurtful thing and blame it to physical discomfort(Growl...) I hope the trap that they set off won't leave him nor Ashe disfigure in anyway(hot gases and acids and in a room full of machinery to boot) as much as I hate him at that moment he is still my favor man and Ashe...oh poor baby, on to the next chapter...
Ashelia92 chapter 17 . 1/6/2008
i'm so impressed!that fanfic is one of the best i've ever !awesome plot and everything!