Reviews for 50 Statements
Anazarel chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
Whoa, I loved these drabbles. They have it all: laughter, sorrow, friendship, anger, past and future. I think that, along the 50 states, you created two 3D characters. And I totally loved their interactions, the heart of this fanfic. It'd be lovely to read your version of the time when Sunny comes along.
Roy-Fan-33 chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
The last one got me - after all the building of the characters and their relationship, those last three sentences were all it took to get me crying. This was the perfect blend of tear-jerking sad, melancholy, and humor. Perhaps the single best MGS fanfic on this site.

I love you forever for writing this. Seriously.

- Kay
Merele chapter 1 . 7/6/2009
You know, I think this might be my favourite MSG story. I love how it begins (switching Alaska to be first is perfectly fine, I think), and I especially love how it ends. Heartbreaking in the best way.

One state that stood out was Washington. I don't think Snake and Otacon would be best buddies right away, but no one really seems to capture the... awkwardness like you do. They are very different people, and I like how you can mostly tell where in the timeline the states occur. How you've managed to subtly give hints about how close they are to each, and how much trust they have.

I really like all of them, although the best ones were the banter ones (like Florida). You've got their personalities down pat, and I can help but grin at how... normal it seems.

All that being said though, I think Hawaii is my favourite. I mean, matching turtle shirts? Where do I get one!
Misery's-Toll chapter 1 . 10/7/2008
Oh. That was wonderful.

I actually started crying with a huge smile on my face when I read the part where Snake started spelling 'Mississippi' backwards. It made me all warm inside.

I loved it, loved it, loved it, as I have all of your MGS fanfictions that I've read so far.

I hope you write more MGS fanfictions. You write them very well.

-MT
AinSoph chapter 1 . 9/10/2008
"Dave rode his first and last horse in Montana. Hal laughed himself sick."

I laughed when i read that - i could just picture it. lol

AWESOME story.

I wish i would've known when Snake came to Chicago :( teehee

peace.
koro sama chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
The best freakin story, ever!

Ja mata Ne! _
supervivi chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
;o; That was beautiful.
Kloudy Reignfall chapter 1 . 3/14/2008
Just a few minutes ago, I had a couple of sentences typed out that said how much I liked this story, but after reading through them, I didn't think it sounded like good enough praise, even if I added "really really really" to it, or anything of that effect.

Unfortunately, I still can't think of anything quite good enough to explain how much I enjoyed reading this, but with luck you'll understand anyway. _

I was especially glad that you linked some of the state-stories together, rather than just making them all stand-alone, and I liked how you addressed some of the issues, writing them not exactly cronologically but in order enough to make (almost) perfect sense. )

Honestly, I just wish you could have elaborated a bit more. Alright, a lot more. Your writing style is great, and each of the stories so interesting that I'd gladly read a full-length story based on any or each of these drabbles.

After reading two of your lovely stories, I've confirmed my belief that you're a very worthwhile writer, so I hope you don't mind if I "author alert" you, and take a look at your website once I've exhausted the stories on this site. D

Keep up the great writing, and good luck in the rest of your endeavors! Most of all, thanks! I've already enjoyed your wonderful skill, and I plan to continue. _

-KR
NiffQ chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
this was really great. I hope your planning to write more with these two.
Anonymous chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Wow. Just... wow. I have few words to describe this other than being one of the best fanfics I've ever read. I love the way elements of the earlier scenarios appear again further down, and things that didn't make much sense at first (like the cracked laptop or the hair bleach) suddenly fall into place like puzzle pieces as part of a bigger story.

I think I almost cried when I got to the very last one...
inujak chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
That was really great, I'm really glad i came across it. You should do a sequel, seems you left yourself open for one. Going to do 50 countries around the world? Anyway, whatever you do, I hope you do it. And I hope you explain why Snake hates Meryl so much. Is it cuz he's gay in your story. Idk, but I wouldn't mind that getting cleared up.
The Legendary Warrior-Link chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
Beautiful simply put beautiful. This story really captured the relationship between Solid Snake and Otacon excellently. It really warmed my heart and the 50 States aspect of it all only helped to peak my interest, in fact I read this story 4 times in a row after having read it just once, it was that good.

All I can really say is that you did a wonderful job and to keep up the good work.
Cat in the web chapter 1 . 12/7/2007