Reviews for By Any Other Name
Potterworm chapter 1 . 8/24/2009
Quite liked this. Rather unique and interesting.
Whirlwind421 chapter 1 . 4/28/2009
Awesome story! I really really love it! It's really really written well. Is that really the first time Rodney said John's name?
Ppleater chapter 1 . 2/11/2009
I find it Ironic that later in *spoiler? I dunno, have you watched it yet?* "The Shrine" Rodney can't seem to say anything but John's first name, actually yelling it a few times on one of the videos, and when banging on his door.
Bil chapter 1 . 7/1/2008
This is a really great story, I love the way you wrote John and Rodney's dynamic. The musing on the way different people use names was really well done and I loved the banter.
Obsessed Pam chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
A most interesting chapter looking into the relationship that has been established between John and Rodney through the use of names. Very nicely done.
Scarbantia chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Oh, I enjoyed it so much. Just a conversation among two bickering,"in-the-fourth-grade" men, with loyalty and deep emotions. You wrote it well, the characters are true. It was a heart warming story.
heartfallen chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Awesome story
The Watch Stander chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
You picked up on a lot of their thoughts and presented them right in character. Great job!
deaka chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I really enjoyed this - the whole John/Colonel thing is a good point, and I like that John realises that it matters, somehow. Very in character, and the dialogue is perfect. Great work!
StarSkimmer chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Aw, I love it! 'Specially the hair crack, lol. Excellent ficlet, the Rodney/John interaction is priceless. :)
JennK528 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I think the first time Rodney called John "John" my jaw literally dropped. It was a very telling moment, I thought. Thanks for highlighting that little tidbit of John and Rodney's friendship - this was wonderful.
LinziDay chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Love this! I've often thought their use of first/last names was interesting... particularly McKay's use of (or non-use of) John. Shocked the heck out of me when he used it in Miller's Crossing. Really hit home the emotional state he was in. (Similar to the use of "Scully" and "Mulder" in the X-Files. Something was majorly wrong/emotional when they called each other by their first names. Happened less than a handful of times in the show's history.)

Anyway, cool story and well written!
Olinne chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I loved it!
Yllek chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
This is wonderful, you do their voices so well. And the last line KILLS me!
ManicTater chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
That was great! I loved the introspection and the verbal sparring.