Reviews for True Hero
Lukeybabycats22 chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
lol i luv qui so ur not anyways i dont get the plot and is there realy a website just for qui?
pronker chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
This is unique, I think, and charming - your voice sounds like anyone's would, who had been transported in whatever fashion into the GFFA. Sort of a familiar place, wasn't it, until the monumental Temple, and Yoda. This made me laugh, and check once more upon the things that are in my "quigonlinefic" folder - yup, they're still there!
skywalker05 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Very interesting beginning. I don't mind your characterization of yourself, and your prose is excellent and clean; only once did I find a sentence that seemed to be missing a verb. You create suspence by Qui-Gon appearing so used to unusual people showing up in the temple. It was a little unclear at first that Obi-Wan was with Qui-Gon. Is the narrator-character-author still wearing her Earth clothes? When you said "boots" I pictured Jedi garb.

It's good to see a fic like this done by a non-insane Star Wars fan, but if she "wasn’t obsessed enough with Star Wars to have learned how to translate [Aurebesh] into English", why does she get to the temple and I, the one who'se fluent in Aurebesh just in case, don't? lol, j/k.

"I took a moment to marvel at the skill in Stacey Lee’s writing" huh?

"plans of selling wayward fangirls into slavery on Tatooine." lol!

"I could just as easily sprout wings and visit Mars." Or the GFFA? Snrk. This fic is definitly holding me. You get points, about the real world and the one of fanfiction, across in an interesting metafictional manner. I suggest you look at "Plotseekers" on my FictionPress account-you'll ignore the suggestion if you think it's just self advertisment, I know, but I really do deal with things I think about, fanfictoin trends and the relation of fans to characters, in a similar manner.

" am back in my computer chair" Sudden, inexplicable tense change?

"Reading back over the document offered no answers" Ah! So it was never a journey to another dimension at all? Or was it? Excellent! I love metafiction.

Aw! Such a cute, heartfelt fic.
Pharaohess chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
YOU ARE NOT THE ONLY QUI-GON FAN LEFT. Even though I never joined the list itself – I never got around to it – I’ve enjoyed the site for many months; such a shame it's closing. I’ll have to go and join the Yahoo club now, won’t I? And check out the blog. I love him dearly. Well, him and Obi-Wan, as the ultimate Master-Padawan team. And I can see Qui-Gon’s position on the fate of the galaxy...and enjoy defending him.

What an idea! The dream of every Star Wars fan. Force knows I’d like to wake up in the Temple, talk with Jedi...this story is fantastically written, too. Your writing flows well and is entrancing – I thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

Keep it up – he’ll never be gone – not while fanfic writers remember him and use him in stories; Force knows I do.

May The Force Be With You

x

Pharaohess
love lotr -anne chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Hi!

Welcome to fanfiction! I really like this story. Probably the best thing about it is a seamless transition from realworld to fantasy and GFFA. It was great to see a somewhat self-insert without the usual out of character canon characters and mary-sueish original characters! Nice job on the characterization and making it flow all the way through to the end. Keep up the great work and I can't wait to see more from you!

-Taryn