Reviews for Angels at Christmas
LadyVic chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
This story is exactly what I needed right now. It's been a long day and I have very little time to sit and relax before I have to finish getting ready for another long day tomorrow. This story was the perfect way to fill the little bit of time I had for myself, and make that time something special.

The love between the boys and Sammy's cheerful innocence were such a treat to read. Thank you.
banana4dean chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I love Weechester, and this is one of the sweetest. I'm usually a hard shell to crack, but I find myself sniffling over this story. Damn you for turning me into mush, haha. This story is so beautifully written. Dean has a heart of gold, and lil' Sam's innocent always tug me at the heart. I look forward to more of writing like this. For some weird reasons, I find weechester fics only come in one shot. Would you break the trend and give us reader a longer version? :P

Your newfound reader! banana4dean.
PsychicWonderKitty chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Aw! That was so cute and so good! Great concept of little Sammy seeking to talk to God in order to find his 'little brother way' - so sweet and adorable - and then Dean with his everpresent 'big brother way' going out to find him and bringing him back safely. And I loved how Dean and others were explaining to Sammy that the most important part of the little brother way was to just be there for the big brother; how the presence of the little brother and the love and trust he shows is all the big brother really needs. So Sammy definitely has had the little brother way all along, hee! :-D

And OMG, I was squeeing all over with the part about the kittens - the 'Dean kitten' watching over the 'Sammy kitten'! LOVED that! I have two cats myself - two unrelated girl cats, a 10 year-old and a 21-year old (that never have really gotten along too well with each other, LOL) - but a couple of streets over from me there is family of four cats that I like to play with when I take a walk or bike ride, three kittens and one who's a little bigger. It's possible that the bigger one is the mom but I like to say it's the older sibling just b/c of my SN obsessiveness, LOL. Cuz you can plainly see that the bigger one does watch out for the little ones, so in my crazy mind it's a Dean kitten and a trio of Sammy kittens, LOL! ;-)

Great job with this oneshot, looking forward to the next update on "Envy" and whatever else you've got coming, and yep, let's get ready for Thursday night and never being able to look at Christmas the same way again! LOL.
Lily chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Well that was just the sweetest thing ever. I have tears the size of raindrops falling down my cheeks! I loved it :)
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
That was an gorgeous story! Loads of aw times...the church bits were good.. and line dup quite nicely in my mind ,... and I'm not Lutheran!, So well Done...Is there another coming , Lol?
carocali chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Another story! Woohoo! You're holding out on us!

I LOVE this so much! You could've almost called this the little brother way, because Sammy was SO insistent in finding a way to help Dean - no matter what!

Oh, and the MacGyver jeep? That just rocks! I have MacGyver walkie-talkies from the 80's! :D

I think my favorite passage is when they're watching the kittens play:

"The trap door creaked open and Sammy turned away from the kittens long enough to see Dean gracefully pull himself up and swing his legs into the loft. “Why doesn’t the Dean kitty go to sleep too?” Sam asked when his brother sat down next to him.

Dean chuckled and pulled Sammy’s knit hat further down on his head. “He will. Once he knows it’s safe. Come on, Sammy, let’s go back inside. Your face is cold.”

As they moved away, the tawny kitten blinked at them sleepily and finally rested its head on the orange kitten. “Look, Dean! The kitty fell asleep. You were right.”

“I’m the oldest, I’m always right,” Dean shot back, his voice slightly muffled by Sammy whose body was only halfway through the trap door. Sammy could feel Dean guiding his feet to the ladder. "

The whole Dean and Sam kitty thing is just BEYOND cute and such a wonderful comparison!

Beautiful little story; I'm so glad you shared it!

;D

Caroline
sendintheclowns chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
What a perfect story. It gives us a glimpse of innocent, young Sam and shows us how Dean has always put his family first, even to his own detriment. I especially loved the discussions of older brother responsibilities versus those of the youngest.

I adore your writing: 'He made car noises before he crashed it into a fiery pit of Cheetos.' Priceless.

You warned me that it was going to be sappy but it's so much more than that. Thanks for the tasty holiday treat :)
I'mcalledZorro chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
What a great story, I realy enjoyed reading it.
Scullspeare chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I'm convinced that if Dean can't break THE DEAL, and ends up in Hell, it will resemble the mall at Christmas! Thanks for this wonderful 'wee' story - after an afternoon of shopping hell it restored my Christmas spirit.

And how much do I love the idea of seven-year-old Sam humming Led Zeppelin. Hee.

Had a big, sappy smile on my face from first word to last. Awesome.

Thanks so much and Happy Holidays.
Amy chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Aw. Excellent fluff fic. I just loved the brother moments and the Sammy and Dean kitten part was so cute. The end where Sam called Dean his angel had me tearing up. Even John was warm and fit right in. Gah. So sweet. Great job!
Nana56 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
I think he's Lutheran, too...the clues are there. I think your church is just fine.

We're having an ice storm and I'm trying to get as much read and reviewed before the power goes out as I can.

I'm so glad I got to read this! Just what's needed on a night like tonight.

Well done!
Muffy Morrigan chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Aw. Loved it.*sniff* *sniff*

“I do believe,” Sammy continued. He yawned and added sleepily, “But the truth is, having you for a big brother is better than a guardian angel any day. I just wish I’d found the little brother way to take care of you.”

Dean listened while Sammy’s breathing evened out as he fell asleep. He smiled as the warm feeling inside from his brother’s trust and love grew. Sammy had found the little brother way after all.

*sniff sniff sniff* *goes warm and fuzzy*

Five Impalas

And printed out and added to the secret binder of the best of the best!
Charlie Girl 79 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Loved it! The big and little brother kittens, big brother taking care of the little so the mom could care for the others.

Sammy, even at a tender age trying to find a way to take care of his big brother.

Loved the line about Sammy attracting the attention of the old ladies. And Dean's thoughts about Jill's sister Tamara, so totally Dean!

Glad John had the sense to wait just a bit before removing all innocense from Sammy's life.

It always amazes me what you create from a single line of dialogue.
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 12/8/2007
Awesome oneshot! What started out to be something so sweet as Sammy trying to take care of Dean almost ended in tragedy for the Winchester family! Thank goodness Dean had the presence of mind to look for clues outside the church as to where Sammy might have gone even tho he was sick! Loved the part with John finding them, scooping Sammy into his arms and watching over his boys as they slept!

Saving to my favorites now!
44 | « Prev Page 1 .. 3