Reviews for In the Blink of an Eye
Chiroptera Jones chapter 6 . 12/7/2012
I'm not sure why you refer to the young males as 'cadets' some of the time, but 'aristh' in the officer's dialogue.

A couple of times you've let distinctly human phrases sneak in - in the last chapter (forgot to say so in that review), you have 'thank God' and 'next to Godliness', but as far as I know the andalites don't have a god-figure. Also 'gentlemen'.

I'm also not sure why she would be 'utterly useless' to the academy if she were a nothlit. The andalites don't seem to use morphing for combat all that much, strangely - and remember, we met a non-morph-capable andalite once, Mertil.
Chiroptera Jones chapter 5 . 12/7/2012
I don't know, I don't like this chapter as much as the previous ones. It's true to how human militaries act, but we've seen no indication that the andalite military is quite this hypersexualised. They always had more of the "stoic warrior code, honour above all" stuff going on.

The 'but men can't help ogling women, it's just the way they are!' thing was a little irritating. The whole 'innards becoming outards' thing was a little jarring, too, because there is no indication that Ax or Elfangor had any sort of visible genitals at all. Probably because it was a children's book, but still. It seems like you're just making andalites the same as humans without really thinking about why.
Breeyar98 chapter 6 . 12/7/2012
Fantastic, I had almost lost hope of ever reading another chapter of this! Love your writing, it is detailed, sometimes funny, and also I really like the main character. It is starting to get really interesting! The way you describe the officers for example I think is great, and also I for some reason like Damonio, even if he is a jerk:) Anyways, I hope youll update again soon, Ill definitely continue to read and review!:)
Chiroptera Jones chapter 3 . 12/6/2012
The guy does have a point; it's very hypocritical to say 'I'm just as good at fighting as a male', and then complain that males are hitting a girl. Hopefully she grows out of this attitude fast.
Chiroptera Jones chapter 2 . 12/6/2012
This is quite good. I have to say, though, that it seems to misrepresent Andalite culture a bit. For one thing, Andalite females weren't restricted to the arts. They were scientists as well - Aldrea's mother was a botanist, remember? So while it was sexist in that females couldn't fight, they weren't forbidden to contribute anything at all of use to society.

I did like the bit about regarding someone with a stalk eye being an insult, because I like that sort of speculating about the body language of non-human people.

The Prince physically hitting her seems a bit much; also, geez, what a horrible person. He taunts her about being bad at morph-dancing, and then once he's realised that her brother just died he doesn't apologise.
robotminione chapter 6 . 12/6/2012
I was a bit surprised when the new chapter popped up on my watch list, and it took me a minute to remember the old fic, but I really love the way you've re-done everything. The new tone is a lot "richer", if that makes sense. I really feel like I'm inside her head rather than just reading "she did this then she did this", etc. I also really like how you're more explicitly touching on some of the basic questions brought up by morphing from a female to male. I don't want a whole lemon fic or anything, but I think there's definitely some interesting sexual aspects (as well as, as you mentioned, just the subtle differences of having a body that's basically the same, but heavier, stronger, and less graceful) that were never brought up in the novels, being "kids' books" and all. This has definitely gone from "eh, I'll take a look" to "can't wait for the next installment". I just hope the next chapter comes out soon! Btw, if you're still looking for a beta, I might be able to.
Guest chapter 6 . 12/5/2012
omg yayyyy you finally continued! Please please keep writing this is such a good story
Guest chapter 5 . 12/5/2012
I'd LOVE to read more about Andalite girls/women shoving their way into the military by way of sneaky and illegal genderbending, sooo, are you still writing this? :)
spiky chapter 5 . 10/28/2009
awesome!
Birdie num num chapter 1 . 2/26/2009
Ooh I like this! Please carry on writing it! :3

The story is really interesting and Maeglin is very Andalite. It would be cute if she and Damonio ended up together :3

I hope you update soon!
patacrazd7 chapter 1 . 11/7/2008
Great story story you should finish it
nolongerusingthisthing chapter 1 . 10/4/2008
You have an excellent setup going for your main character here. I enjoy your style of writing very much - everything flows so smoothly. The only thing I think is a bit out of place is Maeglin referring to females and males respectively as men and women; in the books, Ax/Elfangor/Aldrea use the terms male or female.
capnnerefir chapter 5 . 10/2/2008
I have to admit, I'm having a hard time staying interested in this story. It's got...potential...but it isn't my kind of thing.

On a side note, do you know the story of Maeglin and Tuor? It's an obscure Tolkien reference. If you do know it, then I'll assume you've got more talent than I currently suspect.

You seem to have abandoned the awkwardness of the earlier chapters (i.e. using superfluous words that didn't flow with the rest of a sentence to make the Andalites sound more alien or intelligent), which is certainly a good thing. That's really about all I can say, though.

For the most part, then, it's an okay story, but the subject (through no fault of your own other than that you chose the subject)just isn't holding my interest.
Kaisongeh chapter 5 . 9/29/2008
Oh mah god, when I saw the alert in my emails that there was a new chapter, I was all like "YAAYY!" And, just now, I've read the whole story again. xD Haha. It was so worth it, I like all the things you've changed, it makes it more interesting and funny.

As for the "another-female-in-the-military" idea, maybe she can even be a nothlit, with the "unable to use the morphing power" thing as an excuse for not morphing. I forgot what it was, but it was in one of the books. Blarg.

I'd LOVE to beta for you, as a matter of fact. That would be AWESOME. Beta of the best Animorphs fanfic I've read so far? YESPLEASE. xD

KAILOVESYOU. D
Esplin 9466 chapter 5 . 9/29/2008
So far, this has been one of the best fanfic stories I've read; when's the next chapter coming out?

P.S, She kinda reminds me of Aldrea.