Reviews for Hot and Cold
mum2shane chapter 1 . 11/14/2012
love this story please finish it
Chibi-Chichan chapter 1 . 7/10/2009
Wonderfully written! I am sad about the ending, though I did still enjoy this. Thank you for sharing this awesome story!
Darknessdawns chapter 1 . 10/11/2008
Wow, I feel so bad for Penelo now. Alcohol and crushes is not a good thing to mix. I did like this fic and found it very well written. I also liked how you got into Penelo's head. I enjoyed seeing her view point, and watching her learn how to use a sword. I would definitely enjoy reading another Basch/Penelo fic from you in the future. Though I would enjoy it more if it had a happier ending.
CoSiTa chapter 1 . 2/26/2008

cbaby chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
wow...i duno what ta say besides that. poor penelo, she got too confident and gettin drunk didnt help neither lol. sumthin about this story feels like real life ta me. maybe tha balance of good things happening and bad, then ending horribly wrong lol. neways, this was a dope story and i give you props for a job done great!

Marianne Simpson chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
I wanted to review this the other day but the site was giving me hell.

Its well written but the only thing I had a problem with this story is the characters read OOC. I was very happy at the beginning of the story but then it started to read too OOC. I dont think Basch could easily just kiss. Penelo drinking too much? Shouldnt he realize that she is very young?
bittersweet rhapsody chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
Excellent story. High points and low points, but definitely more high than low.

The first half was the best. You portrayed Penelo's thoughts so well, and it was so incredibly real it could have been me instead of her XP. You captured everyone really well and Penelo and Basch were just perfect and very realistic.

I don't really like how it ended, though. I think that Penelo was out of character near the end (and not just because she was drunk), and with Basch's character, it would take way, way longer for them to kiss, what with him commenting that she's "only a child" a few days before.

All in all, your characterization for the most part was pretty near perfect, and the plot is really good and would be even better if it were stretched out more (in my opinion of course).

One of the best fics I've read all in all. Great job ].
Stephanie chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Absolutely amazing...I have not read much Basch/Penelo, but this is by far the best I've read. I'm fond of Basch/Ashe but this story makes me fond of this pairing as well. Then again I like Balthier/Basch too, so I don't know what that says haha.

I loved the way this was written though, and I never ever review stories so the fact that I am for this one means I enjoyed it more than any I've read in quite a while. I love the way you portrayed all of the characters and showed Penelo's growth from a girl into a battle-hardened woman.

Keep up the good work!
sorasheart281 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
...Nice. You dont see many Basch and Penelos. I like the pair that and Ash, not fran... Good Job.
Shiann Reece chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
WOW, this story is so beautifully written. I kept hoping for some more Basch/Penelo stories or updates-and they are few are far between. But they are worth the wait. I love your portrayals of Basch and Penelo-I think you really, to put it in easy terms for my lack of better thoughts, "get" them. Your story about them is so fabulous and you really bring them to life. I hope you write more, I can't wait to see what happens "tomorrow!" At first I was a Balthier/Penelo fan-but now with the few lovely fics I've read-Basch/Penelo all they way. I don't know why there aren't more out there about them. A LOt of people love Auron/Rikku, what is so different about Basch/Penelo? But anyways-hahahaha-I don't know why-but the term "baked bunny" made me laugh out loud. Love your writing! Baked bunny forever.
Gweneal chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I am not too fond of BaschxPenelo, but your fic and another one I am reading about this pairing made me begin to love them :) I really loved the way you describe Penelo's emotions, and you portrayed Basch's demeanor so wonderfully that one could have serious doubts if he has feelings for her or not :) this story, so rich with details and described emotions, is so wonderful! I am eagerly waiting for more, because I am really, really loving it.
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I'm rather undecided on Penelo/Basch... but, with amazing fictions such as this surfacing left, right and center, I find that I'm rather coming to like it. ;)

The way you've weaved in the significance of hot and cold into Penelo's emotions (and, I must say how uniquely captivating your writing style is throughout it all!) and reactions is mind-bogglingly gorgeous. Course, the interactions between her and Basch (in addition to her thoughts of his view of her, weaponry, music, and her own image) are wonderfully in-character and mesmerizing.

Plus, the mentions of the party, from their status in Penelo's eyes to their relations with each other, was both humourously and interestingly incorporated. :)

Can't wait for the update of chapter two! :D
Sita 900 chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
...Alright, so.

I totally despise BaschxPenelo. Hate it hardcore.

BUT- BaschxAshe was just a "so-so" pairing to me until I read 'From Want to Need,' and then I fell in love with them. So who knows... maybe this will make me appreciate BaschxPenelo a little more? Probably not. But you're too good of a writer for me to just ignore it. ;)

Great use of language, as always. Basch and Penelo seem really IC- her with the more laid back speech, him with the old english. I love how you portray Penelo as innocent and I love her perception of Basch. I love how she struggles to prove that she isn't a child- through words and thoughts (such as, maybe dressing like Ashe). Very well written.

I liked the other characters, too. Fran's roll of her eyes, and Ashe's eyes wondering when Balthier removes his vest. I love little details like that. :)

Was this a oneshot or a story? It was a great stopping place for a oneshot. But ah, I still don't like BaschxPenelo. Creepy, icky, creepy. But as always,your story is beautiful. So poetic and touching, really. I loved it thus far. :)
Silent Mage chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Yay! I really like this so far. I think Basch/Penelo is quickly becoming my favorite pairing. It's also nice to read something in the present tense. You've made it work really well. :D

Update soon!
Iria chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Yay! Basch/Penelo! And very well written. I am very happy :) Continue soon!