Reviews for Hero's Origin
Naxios10 chapter 8 . 1/28/2012
A harsh, yet compelling tale, one of hope and despair. You've made a very mysterious backstory for Snowpeak, and I enjoyed it very much! I'm glad that you kept the details of several things deliberately vague, such as the motivations of the Sheikah and the exact circumstances of Leif's last stand (which of course in my head was extremely heroic)...

Thanks very much!
merkkari chapter 1 . 9/13/2011
I think that in overall the story was good and I like your writing style, but I have to point out some things that bothered me. So, here it comes: 1. In chapter 2 (or atleast I think it was ch. 2) the brothers found out about the slavery and Leif noticed Rikhard's mood changed 'cause of that. So, then he mentiones that from earlier experiences he decides to leave him be. So, that really bugged me 'cause I would have wanted some kind of example about those experiences. 2. Personally I like action and lots of dialogues ('cause my mind tends to wander if there isn't a fast tempo), so in some of the parts I think there could have been more of those things, but I really liked the two last chapters and the epilogue (the lion fight, me likey). Well, in overall I enjoyed reading this and I'm surely going to read some more of your stories. Beware! :D
Zelda12343 chapter 8 . 9/10/2011
This was pretty impressive! Poor Leif and Nomi though. And Rickard.
BlueLucied chapter 8 . 7/6/2011
While you took a lot of liberties with the start, it was a very enjoyable story. Good work!
Wraith Five chapter 8 . 12/21/2010
well written! definitely does a VERY good job of giving Link some actual background...you usually don't see that in Zelda games XD

did a great job giving an actual explanation for the "WHY THE F*** IS THERE A F***ING MANSION IN THE F***ING MOUNTAINS?" (LOL) question, and especially some of the 'history of hyrule' stuff too!

GREAT JOB!

Mr. Gasbomb

(read this b/c i'm reading "the fourth piece" right now)
Dominator046 chapter 7 . 12/8/2009
I managed to read this in a single night, and I must say, it is truely a heartful tale.

And, am I delusional, or is there a slight hint at Link x Ilia in the epilogue? XDD

I say, you have a great story here, I wouldn't change a word of it. And even though it isn't exactly how I pictured Link's early life, this is truely memorable story.

If I could rate it, I'd give you a 200/10. Excellent work, I found no grammatical errors, and nothing else.

I will definently look for more of your stories.

Thanks for the read! D
Dominator046 chapter 2 . 12/8/2009
This is a great story!

I've enjoyed the first two stories, and it's very good. I thought I may have been the only one to notice the spiral outside the mansion.

Well, anyways, your writing is flawless, and I enjoy reading it.

And good use of Zelda's last name! XDD

oh, one last thing, just a bit of babble you don't have to bother with. In one of my stories, I gave Link a family owned home, but it was on the Mountains of the Northern Plain. A place where cold is abundant and a castle once existed that dwarfed the size of Hyrule Castle.
Valid User Name chapter 8 . 11/27/2009
This is really good. Few writers that I have encountered are good at mystery and even less at tragedy. Both of which are included in excellent for this story. The thing perhaps most surprising is that you were able to shape a tale which while deserving of being considered cannon was entirely unique. Good Work!
Batard Anonyme chapter 8 . 10/19/2009
This was a very good story. While it was sad, I must admit I almost cried when everything started to turn against them, it also was deep and moving. You give characters a depth of feeling and soul often lacking in other stories. It was hard knowing what would eventually happen and having the suspense build the entire time. Another great work that deserves a place amongst the great stories of Zelda.

Alex Thurston
RainPelt chapter 1 . 1/22/2009
Random idea, maybe Link could somehow go back in time and the Fenris brothers meet him in his wolf form on Snowpeak? Good Chapter.
blankpage12 chapter 8 . 1/4/2009
Wow.

The tale you weaved was happy, sad, and fulfilling all at once.

Bravo. I can't say that very often. I was left with a feeling of "wow, this sounds like he went to Nintendo and demanded an explanation". That's how cool and how well it fit into the world. Every small detail, I could think back to the game and fit it into the world.

*happy sigh* Excellent work. I wouldn't change a thing.
Desteni chapter 8 . 11/7/2008
Well this was certainly a delight. It offers a well written and intriguing explanation for the Snowpeak Ruins and flows seamlessly into the game. A very pleasant and interesting read which kept me coming back the moment I had spare time.
Desteni chapter 2 . 11/6/2008
Intriguing. I must compliment you on your pacing, there's just the right balance between mystery and revelation in this chapter. You give some very interesting information and I can see that you're weaving the threads slowly together as you tell the tale. I'm excited to read more!
Desteni chapter 1 . 11/6/2008
Okay so after hearing wonderful things about your work from several other people, I'm finally getting around to reading it yay! And I must admit, I'm quite intrigued. I'm loving the way you incorporate the game world in such detail, so that it draws the reader in to a world that is seamlessly Zelda even though there are few "familiar" characters in this first chapter. And your dialogue between the two brothers makes me smile. I'm definitely going to keep reading when I have time between studying.
Moderntwilight64 chapter 8 . 10/7/2008
Nice story! I felt so bad for Link's parents, and for Link of course at the end. But that didnt stop our hero from becoming famous!

Good job on this!