Reviews for The Memoirs of James Norrington Part 1
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 26 . 9/11/2012
This is fantastic! Please continue!
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 3 . 9/10/2012
I loved this chapter! My only complaint is that you the color of James's eyes wrong. James has light green eyes.
JDLuvaSQEE chapter 2 . 9/10/2012
This is great!
christina wing chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
I, myself, also like norrington but i do not see where you get the start of this story. you do not tell the person reading what happens to norrington. other than that, a really good start.
Forlorn Melody chapter 1 . 5/28/2009
I love Norrington, and it's wonderful to find a decent fanfic about him. You have a talent for "filling in the blanks" of the movies. I can't wait to see the next installment.
MorganBonny chapter 1 . 5/11/2009
Brilliant, Tarlea!

I'm finally doing what I've been meaning to do for so long - sitting down and reading this.

Excellent start - you've really captured James' way of speaking here as well as his sometimes-awkward pauses. Both of them are very much in character. I did wonder about the whole 'passengers' thing with the two women - why were they taken aboard the ship? Is that the way the dead are supposed to be ferried? Maybe you can clear this up for me.

'Wentworth'...I like it. Formal, but appropriate and not too stiff. I was trying to think of what his middle name would be the other day but came up blank. I'll probably think of it as this now, lol.

Anyway, I'll read the next chapter sometime when it's not four in the morning. Good job with this and I don't know why I didn't get to reading it sooner!

Cheers!

MorganBonny
Nytd chapter 25 . 2/19/2009
The beginning of this chapter is so amusing, with your look at how Jack is dealing with his impending execution.

Then as his escort of a dozen marines tramped down the stairs he added, “Commodore Norrington, you shouldn’t have. I didn’t get you anything.”

So typically Jack. And the fact that he sleeps through his own trial had me laughing out loud.

"Sparrow didn’t attempt to refute any one of the accusations lodged against him, he just sat lackadaisically in his chair. After a while I realized he was asleep."

Again, this is such an accurate portrayal of Jack!

And then the rescue scene. We always felt a little bad for James during that scene, even though we wanted Will to rescue Jack and get the girl. But now after reading so much of Norrington's thoughts and feelings and the depth that you've written his story with (and he his memoirs) we can't help bu cringe at the moment Will appears and sets into motion the scene that will break James' heart.

I have so enjoyed this look at the events that surround those we know from CotBP, and I look forward to seeing what happens from James' perspective in DMC. That should be highly entertaining.

Lovely job with the story!

Cheers!

Nytd
Nytd chapter 24 . 2/19/2009
Not only do I feel bad for James in this chapter, as he kneels and pours his heart out to Eliabeth in the library, but also for Eliabeth.

She's obviously upset about the fact that she loves Will, feels obligated to James, guilty about thinking about not marrying him, and then in comes Lady Barclay. Good for Elizabeth for standing up to her, but now the situation is even more muddled!

I can't wait to see what it was that Will wanted to speak to James about!
PirateRN chapter 25 . 2/18/2009
This is such a beautifully written story. I love James POV, and Will's reason for being at the party- very rash and very Will. Looking forward to the sequel : )
damsel-in-stress chapter 26 . 2/18/2009
Clever idea with the index. It'll be helpfull later, I think.

"The Admiral James Norrington The hero of our story. If you don’t know who he is…then you’d better stop reading right now." - Randomly made me giggle..

Till the next story.

Damsel D
damsel-in-stress chapter 25 . 2/18/2009
That was perfect! A lovely note to end on.

You broke my heart with the last bit and as usual wrote James so in character he could have been standing next to me. Then you went and brought James (sorta) back to life. He's joining the FD crew.. *does a little dance* That was a beautiful moment.

You have no idea how perfect that ending was. I can't wait for the second instalment.

Thanks for sharing!

Damsel D
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 5 . 2/12/2009
The measles outbreak was a very nice touch in this, and it really gives us a feel for the state of medicine in the 18th century.

Really nice to see James' concern for the Governor and Elizabeth. I'm sure Santo Domingo will prove to be an interesting experience, I'm sure!
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 4 . 2/12/2009
Loved this chapter! It was wonderful to see such an intimate moment with James and Elizabeth. I also love how you've kept with history and how Elizabeth had to kept away from James to rebuild her reputation. A lovely and realistic touch :)
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 3 . 2/12/2009
This was wonderfully written! I love the little bis of James' past that we get as he begins to recall of the the events in his life.

Wonderful job with James' voice again :)
FreedomOftheSeas chapter 2 . 2/12/2009
The thing I loved most about this chapter was the voice you created for James. You retell his story wonderfully, and I can imagine him actually speaking to me as I read on. I can tell that you took a great deal of time getting him into character :)

Wonderful work once again!