Reviews for The Seduction of Innocence
AzzyDarling chapter 4 . 4/17/2013
I loved it!
Athalanta chapter 2 . 3/6/2011
Your story makes me sick, but it is nonetheless a very good story.

There are some sentences that are confusing:

He knew that he had already lost the kindness and goodness Drizzt still possessed centuries ago.

It sounds as if Drizzt possessed goodness centuries ago, and not Zack.

Other than that it is marvelously written.

Other than the fact that I can't make myself believe this is part of the canon - because I don't see any evidence in the text of the book (is there!) - I like your story.
PantyDragon chapter 4 . 3/2/2011
Thank god that the ONLY fanfiction of the ONLY pairing from the Legend of Drizzt saga I was interested in was this fantastic piece of fantasticness. Seriously, I bow before you. I was worried it would just be a tease the whole time and never get to a real sex scene, but you did not disappoint! The composition worked in your favor! Best of all, it was believable; the characterization was more or less spot-on. If somebody slipped these chapters into the actual book, I would have just thought "hell to the yeah fanservice, R.A. Salvatore, write erotic novels more often."

Anyway, I've rambled enough. In a word: Awesome. I feel like I need to go write some fanfiction now, excuse me.

Oh, one itty-bitty feedback: I wish you had gone into a teensy bit more detail with the rape incident...because maybe I'm sick like that...but I feel like it was important, emotionally and well, sexually...

But still, the best thing ever.
freak-joy-spastic chapter 4 . 11/8/2010
Weird. I'm not really into incest, but I like this story. Guess I'm just a glutton for stories about Drizzt an d Zak. Much anime love ~bye bye~
legomaker4623 chapter 4 . 8/11/2010
I absolutely loved this story! Your writing is great, and your characterization was completely believable. Too bad there aren't more Drizzt/Zak fans out there.
Elvenwannabe chapter 4 . 1/5/2010
I was wondering if you were going to put in the part of when Zak gave his life for Drizzit. That was a really good chapter. I liked it alot, don't worry, i've seen worst pairings. Besides i think Zak and Drizzit make a good, even of they are father and son. And if you want an idea, maybe you can have Drizzit have a dream about him and Zak together while he is on the run with the pather..(yea, i forgot how to the pather's name..) anywho, it's just an idea. Thanks for writing this story though.
Elvenwannabe chapter 1 . 1/4/2010
humm...i wonder how the rest of this story will play out? Don't worry i will read the rest of the chapters, but as it is almost 1:30 AM, i may read it some other time. This is good so far. I always thought Zak and Drizzit had a thing going on when he was younger. I read the book ''homeland'', it was pretty good, sad that Zak had to die, but even more sad and messed uped that he becomes a zombie in the book after it. This story is totaly going in my favs!:)
Lola Witherbottoms chapter 4 . 6/29/2009
Absolutely amazing, like all your other stories. Definitely a good alternate story for Drizzt and Zak (a pairing I'm liking more and more). Also...very hot. ]
ChibiItachi-chan chapter 4 . 5/19/2009
*sigh* i really wish zak hadn't died...
Frostfeuer chapter 4 . 1/26/2009
Man, the ending was really sad - but it's like in the books, so not much changing there *sob*.

Intimate relationships between family members is not really my thing, but you did a real good job in describing the ambivalent feelings of Drizzt and especially the "madness" of Zaknafein, so it's somehow comprehensive in a weird way (they already had a strange relationship in the books so it's not that far away).

Your writing style and choice of words is really exceptional and I liked reading it (despite I normally don't like this). You have to know the books to understand the hints, but that's obvious x).

This story really moved me so I hope I can someday read more of your awesome writing skills and maybe a epilogue to this story ;)? Greetings, ff
Crossroads Wanderer chapter 1 . 10/1/2008
Wow, I really was not expecting you to actually go there. I cringed through the whole thing. I'm going to just ignore the worst and most obvious problem with this; that it is completely sick and wrong. I think you missed the point that you claimed to be making. If you had made Zak a total bastard then the story would have worked. As is, you made him a good guy, and those psychological problems you refered to were not much in evidence except for in chapter 3. And your title is WAY off base. Drizzt is far from innocent in this story. He may be good, but good does not mean innocent, and you did not make him innocent. Ending the story on essentially a happy note with the two of them being involved like that really screws over any possibility of pulling a plot or point out of this story.
Adia chapter 4 . 6/9/2008
Hi again :) My over-arching feeling after reading this is to wonder what the HECK is wrong with Drizzt. What weird, twisted gene that he must have that makes him still be so naive and screwed up. Not just in this fic, but in the series as a whole when you wonder what he (likely, though unsaid) must have been through.

As always I do love Zaknafein in this, off-kilter, completely crazy and yet still so appealing. In all his screwed up glory. It is fascinating to not see him as a 'good guy stuck in a bad place', but a 'nicer drow in a bad place that has been damaged by surviving there'. Because I think that is a more honest interpretation of him. Makes me think that any drow that isn't made Lolth-crazy has to have some serious issues. And thus I am more amusing with Drizzt thinking his Dad is All That, yet then thinking someone like Jarlaxle is the Big Bad.

ooh, I liked your line at the end of chapter...2!, "This was *his* Zaknafein, the only Zaknafein he would remember years and decades later whenever he thought of his father". Which makes this weave so easily into the series itself (though RAS would probably have a heart attack at the thought XD).

My only quibble would be this line in chapter 2 as well, "Go to sleep, Drizzt. I won't be back before morning.". Would a drow say that? Or would it be something like, "be back before the rise of Narbondel"? Tiny thing, but it just jumped out at me.

So...yay! I like! Looking forward to a possible epilogue.
hakatri chapter 4 . 6/8/2008
Even though this kind of relationship somehow creeps me out (hm suprise something that actually does this to me...) it does have a certain logic :) I found myself thinking of all these wives who go back to their abusive husbands time and time again.

I was wondering though, whether this is in any way connected to your kindred spirits story.
Nuitari Aquarius chapter 3 . 3/30/2008
You. Are. So. Mean.

Go back to work on Kindred Spirits, you cruel girl .
Ziggy Sternenstaub chapter 2 . 2/17/2008
First off, I have to say that I was quite pleased with the mention of servants in this chapter, because as indoctrinating as I'm sure having the page prince polish door knobs is, they are a noble family, and I'm sure they had plenty of actual servants, despite the lack of mention in the books.

"He knew that he should eat to gather his strength, but he was feeling sick and strangely detached from his body."

I was really impressed with the psychological implications of this line. It reminds us that Drizzt is a boy who has just had his first sexual encounter, but he doesn't know enough about it, intellectually, so be thinking in any depth about so; his body, however, is reacting with instinctive confusion.

"He had felt safe in Zaknafein's arms - but he was afraid of what had happened afterwards."

Ah, evil! You keep making me feel sorry for Drizzt. I mean, the poor kid has never had a scrap of physical affection shown him in his life -until now. And this with the completely unstable lunatic. Poor boy. Even worse that he has cause to fear Zak' unpredictable behaviour.

When Zak came out his room with "violence and need" I was quite wary. We all know how Zaknafein gets when he's in a temper. So, yes, this was great characterisation of his often unpleasant moods.

"Before Drizzt could get up again, the Weapon Master was over him, straddling him and holding his wrists."

Um... unexpectedly hot. Oh dear.

""You're too innocent for this hell, Drizzt, that will only get you in trouble," Zaknafein hissed, his tone somewhere between pained and sarcastic. "It drives me insane!""

This is was quite in character. Zak tends to go on these psychotic rants of innocence and innocence destroyed, especially when it comes to Drizzt. I can absolutely see him doing something this crazy, ostensibly for Drizzt' "own good."

"Zaknafein was losing his temper."

Ouch. If he hasn't already lost his temper, I would fear for Drizzt if he actually did.

The exchange about the priestesses not doing things like this to Drizzt, and Zaknafein's very grim response was extremely astute and again drew a very clear comparison between Drizzt' limited understanding of the world he lives in and the realities of drow society. Great stuff.

"Zaknafein was radiating anger, and his violent temper was almost legendary."

This line made me squee with fan-ish joy...

Also, when the servant said that Matron Malice wanted to see Zak, my first thought was that she was magically spying on him again and was somehow upset with what he was doing-I don't know why. Maybe because she would think that Drizzt wasn't Zak's toy to break? Hmm. But, no. She was just horny;)

"His tired voice made Drizzt forget his anger and fear, as well as his confused thoughts about Zaknafein's behaviour. All he could think about was that Zaknafein needed him now, and Drizzt certainly wouldn't let him down. He stood up immediately and followed him."

You know, Zaknafein is right. This kid needs to develop some self-preservation.

It seems both of Drizzt's parents liked kinky, violent sex, ha ha; unfortunately, both were tops. Poor things.

Zak apologising and saying he'll never do it agaain should have been a cliché, but somehow it was touching and disturbing, because he seemed to absolutely mean it, and yet, we, the readers, know that he is crazy, and will do it again.

Crazy Zak is somehow extremely scary, considering what he's capable of. And, you know, it's so close to canon that it seems entirely possible that all of this could have happened.

"This was his Zaknafein, the only Zaknafein he would remember years and decades later whenever he thought of his father."

...this line was so insightful and so painful. I felt terribly sorry for Drizzt when reading this, because the one person that he trusted was really not terribly much better than the others around him, and he had to literally re-write his memories in order for his father to become the person he so wanted him to be. It's a terribly sad thing. I felt so awfully for both of them.