Reviews for Remember When It Rained
shingach chapter 1 . 12/21/2008
I don't know the song but I must say that this was beautiful.

the setting the words the sadness in it.

it was beautiful
DarkBlaziken chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
how should i put it?

your KentLyn is so convincing, i really like it.

tragedy. both died. somehow, the way you write it is beautiful and impactful and tragic at the same time. ahh.

great work. i love your tragedy/angst fics!
Aquatic-Idealist chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
A pity I wasn't here long enough to grow and develop my skills with fine minds such as yours, (and many of the reviewers for this fic.)

I'm listening to the song now, and, what can I say? Beautiful. This is a great tragedy fic. Grief, Pain, such emotions are hard to write without making it sound like a bratty teenager lamenting over trivial things. My brain's throughly burnt out from a macroeconomics exam, so I'll say this: Excellent.
FireEdge chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Wah, this definitely made me cry. It was so beautiful, and sad. But happy at the same time (or is that just me? O.o). I'm happy that Lyndis didn't get to finish her sentence, it doesn't get to be cliché that way (a bad habit of mine, most of the time). The part where Kent was spinning around in a circle kinda made me laugh (I know I'm not supposed to). If I had seen him, I would've been one of those people who points and laughs. Oh, and just so you know, Kent's death took me by surprise. I was like: "O OMG! WYVERN! NO, WAIT! IT'S ROMEO AND JULIET! Sort of... _" But then I realized that I was happy that he got killed (is that wrong of me to think? _), because then he doesn't have to go through the rest of his life having emo thoughts. It also made the last paragraph all the more touching. If one of them had to die, that is how they should die, together (AMAZING last sentence by the way, it really strikes a chord). They are one of my most favourite pairings in Fire Emblem and they should never be separated, even by death.

So, THANK YOU very much for such an awesome, tear-jerking story. I loved it to bits and pieces. It's been a while since I've read anything, so I'm glad that this was one of the first ones I read today. Hope to see you soon! By the way, you have inspired me to write again. Which is good. Because I haven't written for 3 months. But I don't know when I'll actually post something... Hmm, oh well! BTW, listened to the song, very pretty. His voice is very pretty, too. )
IceBlade28 chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Hey Manna! Good fic, although I'm noticing a growing morbid streak when it comes to Kent/Lyndis fics. Do we dare hope for a happy ending anytime soon? I thought the suddenness of Kent's death was appropriate, and the ending was bittersweet. A nice job. However, I think you could have lended a little more time to Lyn's perspective on the rain, as the rain seemed to be the key focus of the fic here. More time on her view of the rain, and perhaps a little teaser on the way she viewed Kent in the rain, would have added some emotional tension to the death scene and taken it from touching to unbearably sad.

But, on the other hand, I could be completely wrong, and your way is just fine. Either way, still a solid 8/10.
Fan Fan Girl chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Aw, KK, I love your sincerity. :D You're such a sweet person.

Anywho, I guess I'll go from the bottom of the fic up this time... just to stir things up... heh.

You think that it's hard to get reviews in the Fire Emblem section? Try writing Baten Kaitos fanfiction. XD Personally, I get a pretty good number of reviews because I have wonderful relationships with most of my reviewers (at least, this is the reason I'm going with) but I feel sorry for others who get only one or two reviews per story... Sad thing is that number was getting to be pretty common... Things have picked up in there lately, but still. I wish you wrote for Baten Kaitos. But I know, I know, you're not planning on ever playing it... _

Oh, and I don't really like Josh Groban. Don't kill me, okay? Hehhe. I used to like him, I'll admit, though I can't stand him now. That is a pretty good song, though.

I'd like to know what kind of revisions you made to this story... Just curious.

Okay. Since I'm going from the bottom, I'll say right now that I thought that it was rather pointless to kill off Kent. Kind of like, he's sitting there with his lover in his arms, and all of the sudden a wyvern swoops by and he gets stabbed to death. Talk about random... Though I can see why you wrote it that way. It's sort of symbolic, isn't it? "All of his hope had died along with her." He lost his will to live so he just... died.

Wait... Okay... I get it now, why he died. Don't you hate it when you rationalize things to yourself and sound like you're going in circles and make a fool of yourself? X3 That happens to me sometimes.

I take back everything I said about Kent. That was a good choice. This fic probably wouldn't have had so much power if he had lived on being emo.

With that said, I loved the part where she died... (I don't mean I liked her dying _
Sardonic Kender Smile chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Another one! Uber-kyaah, eh?

ANYWAYS...wow. This one is certainly striking. Not the first I've read where either Kent or Lyn dies, but probably the first where they BOTH...gah! Yeah, I really liked this. In case you couldn't tell xD. It's a tragedy with enough closure to make sure it isn't actually sorrowful...and that hope you were portraying, though very bitter, was there as a solemn consolation. Oh...okay, enough ranting. Good job! Write more!
Edward Houshi chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
I loved it. You did an absoluteky wonderfull job, and it made me cry. This is a truly incredible story. I can really tell you worked hard on it.
Kitsilver chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
Grief. You portrayed Lyn's death and Kent's quiet anguish with stark simplicity that showed everything without being overly dramatic. I really like this. It's truly tragic and heartfelt, more so because it retains its dignity.

The backdrop of lightning and rain was a good one. It fits the dark and tragic tone, while offering that tidbit of hope.

It reminds me of "A Little Fall of Rain" from Les Miserables, where this woman dies in the arms of the man she loves (but who doesn't love her) and while it's so damn sad, they offer hope by saying "rain will make the flowers grow."

I also liked that you compared Kent's oath to a marriage vow, the scene with Lyn standing in the rain, and the last two lines: "Perhaps that was hope, in a sense. Hope that they had not been forced to die alone, to live alone...or to spend eternity alone."
Forced Simile chapter 1 . 12/9/2007
The way you write angst and tragedy makes me tear up and go for the chocolate. I had to stop reading and get my pack of Hershey's.

Death fics are hard for me to enjoy (even though I've written one before) but I like the way you handled this. Kent/Lyndis seems to elicit all kinds of emotion. The longing is always present with these two. I love the blurb in the middle about the rain and also this one:

[“Though I could not die in your place,” he whispered, his voice hoarse and quiet against the sound of the storm that raged around them. “I …will die with you, with honor.”]

It was beautiful. Sain may be the quintessential errant knight, but Kent really pictures the idea of courtly love in a non condescending way. This line captures this idea wonderfully.