Reviews for Holiday Blues
Guest chapter 21 . 8/16/2015
Loved it!
Marla's Lost chapter 5 . 10/15/2013
River smiled, enjoying his confusion. "I am Mrs. Reynolds, but I used to be Miss Tam."
"You were married to the doct…?" Marcus started.
"No, she is Simon's sister," Mal said, eager to get to the business at hand.
Pierre spoke up, looking at Serenity's crew carefully. "So, how many of you are related? Let's see, Kaylee is married to Simon, whose sister is River. And River is married to …."
Jayne couldn't resist. "River's married to Mal, but for awhile there Mal and Jim were ….."
Mal interrupted again. "That's enough of that," he said quickly.
Marcus looked at Jim and then at River. "Traded up then," he commented.
"Actually, the Captain was married to both at the …." Zoe began.****loved the confustion this conversation could have created - kind of like "who's on first?" - I think if I had watched more of the show I would be able to keep up but this was creative and humorous
Marla's Lost chapter 4 . 10/11/2013
okay - you caught me - don't know what this sentence means: ..."The engineer. Where's the engineer for this piece of luh suh?"

Did appreciate this scene though:..."Little tetchy, ain't you?" he said. "Must be that time of the month."
Before Kaylee could stop herself, she delivered a swift kick to his groin romantic!..."Adam and Hannah need a mama, and I…well, I need you something fierce for all manner of reasons."
River smiled, suddenly feeling much lighter than she had all day. "Care to tell me some of them?" she whispered sultrily.
"Prefer to show you, I'm thinkin'," Mal said, his voice low and intimate against her ear as his hands began to roam along her body hungrily.
Marla's Lost chapter 3 . 10/10/2013
"Don't be an idiot," Mal said. "It's fair obvious you're in pain. Where are you hit?"
"I'm fine," Marcus ground out. "Just need a minute to…."
"Right buttock," River announced flatly.****Could totally imagine this scene happening - great visual and just the right amount of comedy.
Marla's Lost chapter 2 . 10/9/2013
Great action scene on that fight! Not to good that River got a bullet but let's see what happens in the next chapter.
Marla's Lost chapter 1 . 10/9/2013
This story was recommended to me by MidnightObsidian and you hooked me right from the start. Some very colorful lines drew me in and these were some of my favorite bits/scenes:

"What in the sphincter of hell is goin' on, li'l Kaylee?" Mal shouted ***very funny and totally visual

Simon came into the room. "What's happening in here?" he asked worriedly.
"Your wife is making suggestions as to what I can do with myself," Mal said angrily. "She kiss you with that mouth?"
In the interest of continuing to be kissed by that mouth, Simon wisely did not answer. "Kaylee, what can I do to help****Lololo - nice!

The thought of being dirtbound for a month while forcing his crew to do some kind of back-breaking labor made Mal's head hurt***dirbound - never thought being stuck on a planet as being dirtbound was a bad thing. Off to the next chapter!
charmony chapter 21 . 8/1/2012
I adore the crew of the Hit or Miss. You and Midnight Obsidian did a wonderful job on really exploring and displaying the essence of four men we'll never see on screen. Particularly how you explored both sides of Murdocke - both the sardonic every day persona and the sensitive mechanic in love with his ship - and then the additional correlation between character similarities to Serenity's crew. Very much looking forward to visiting again with this crew in upcoming stories. Great job!
Marcus S. Lazarus chapter 21 . 3/13/2012
Definitely your best story in the series to date, in my opinion.

Niska’s return could have maybe been drawn out a bit more- and an explanation for why he had to wait until now to get his revenge, particularly after some of the stirs that the crew have created in the intervening years might have been a good idea-, but Hannah’s birth was effective in its simplicity, and the high quality of OCs in this story more than made up for that, I assure you.

From the beginning, the crew of the ‘Hit or Miss’ make an interesting contrast to the ‘Serenity’ crew, with your reference to Marcus’s ‘off-screen’ appearance in ‘The Train Job’ creating an intriguing bond between the two crews even before they meet while the subsequent circumstances of their meeting and decision to work together were all perfectly plausible, to say nothing of being rather dramatic. The crew of the ‘Hit or Miss’ also reflect that you clearly put a not-inconsiderable amount of thought into putting them together, with Pierre’s mask in particular giving him a very distinctive ‘quirk’ even before we learned why he wore it, while Bear makes an intriguing ‘combination’ of Jayne’s role with a desire to reach Book’s commitment to non-violence, to say nothing of Murdocke’s more sarcastic and blunt approach to his job compared to Kaylee’s simple enthusiasm.

While I regret that we didn’t get a more specific description of the physical appearance of the ‘Hit or Miss’ itself, in general the ship sounded like an interesting contrast to ‘Serenity’- a larger vessel with more opportunities for expansion while nevertheless lacking the atmosphere that makes ‘Serenity’ a home due to the more formal crew dynamic, given their evidently early career and lack of a female influence to be any kind of ‘maternal’ figure in their family-, and the implications of the additional complications surrounding the delivery quickly caught our attention without making anything it explicit that there was something else going on.

The discovery of Marcus’s crew’s past contact with Readers was another interesting touch- another interesting example of how widespread the Academy’s influence was in the end-, but I’m a bit unclear on what anyone would have wanted with their ‘real’ cargo given its destructive nature or what the mastermind expected to gain from that endeavour, even if I definitely appreciated her return to the crew’s lives and the simplicity of her final fate.

Keep up the good work; with allies like the ‘Hit or Miss’ available for future potential collaboration, this series just got that much more interesting...
librarywitch chapter 21 . 8/20/2008
OMG I hope you two are like married or live in the same house or a set twins joined at the hip or whatever so you can do this forever! I loved this story. I am looking forward to more Hit & Miss Stories right along with more Firefly now. It is hard to read other fanfic here lately, I keep holding them up to your standard. Alot of them don't meet it. Thanks for all the hard work.
Boombaye chapter 21 . 8/8/2008
Ya'll writings seem a lot better when one actually understands and knows whats going on.

Great arc.

Great Olympic Opening Ceremony.

Still refuse to read the rest of your storyline.
Boombaye chapter 18 . 8/8/2008
I laughed so hard at the last bit of this chapter.

I'm torn between reading on or watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony...again...and again...and again.
Boombaye chapter 7 . 8/8/2008
Dolls *giggles*

Yo, still jivin' it to Hammaboy and lovin' it !

*slaps self*

You are either witnessing the effect Mc Hammer has on a perfectly upstanding lad or that lad's theory on reverse evolution through neural stimulus.

Nope, probably Mc hammer.
Boombaye chapter 5 . 8/8/2008
I'll review this brilliant piece of fiction only periodically.

So far, as the McDonald's slogan goes: I'm lovin' it.
Boombaye chapter 2 . 8/8/2008
I read the first chapter and it seemed to suite my my needs...somewhat well.

Alright, I loved it.

I read the second one while under the influence of Mc Hammer.

Do you know how much it brightens up your day when you read up a frighteningly well detailed bar fight while listening to some guy go on about girls 'you can't touch' ?

I'll tell you how much: I'll do it next chapter as well.
nadeshiko1 chapter 21 . 7/30/2008
Woo-Hoo! Another wonderful end to a great story written by you!

The Hit or Miss crew was wonderful! I loved every on of the characters!

For a swecond, I thought that the enemy was possibly Niska's wife! Saffron, however, is the kind of person to pull stunts like that.

Off to read more!