Reviews for True Love Never Did
Nirselen chapter 1 . 1/11/2008
This is awesome. Plain and simple.
stei chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
I love it. It was really really good. Your characters are prefect... Nice read!
HiddenDepths-x chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This was just brilliant. I thought everyone was perfectly in character, particularly Hermione, and I loved the little touch at the end where you managed to turn it not only into a R/H fic, but a Rose/Scorpius one too. They just happen to be two of my favourites :D Anyway, fantastic, original story, and very well written to boot!
What A Novel Idea chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This is so beautiful, and so sweet, and so... amazing! And I loved the twist at the end!
scribhneoir chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
This is really great. I'm so glad it was added by Step to the C2 and was brought to my attention.

You've really captured the characters of both Ron and Hermione. The fact that you've shown Ron to be a vulerable, flawed and fallible human being is wonderful. You've shown a side to Ron that so many people overlook, and it was wonderful to read. The fact that is was from Hermione's point of view is also very interesting. You've given us a chance to see their relationship in a different light. You've shown both characters in a moment when they're emotionally vulnerable and it works very well.

Placing Hermione's narrative in the form of a letter to her daughter was a great choice. It gives us a chance to stand back for a moment and see the journey Ron and Hermione have travelled on to get to the point that they can tell each other how they feel. It gives us, as readers, the chance to take a step back and really appreciate the journey.

Well done!
Solstice Muse chapter 1 . 1/5/2008
There's nothing I adore more than when a writer sees Ron for who he is, flaws and all, and accepts and celebrates him.

You also wrote Hermone's flaws. So many Ron/Hermione shipers refuse to deal with the fact that she isn't perfect and especially not socially and I know that I don't think they're perfect together because they are perfect people.

This was great.

I'm really glad Steppy added this to our C2 rec list.
Xedra chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Oh, I seriously loved this! You got Ron and Hermione spot on! Excellent!
Quatto chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Absolutely spectacular story!

Thank you so much.

Q
Clairful chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
God, this is perfect. I'd ask you to continue it but I want it as it is, I think I'll just follow everything else you write from now on.
nutnatz chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
A friend of mine recommended this and I'm glad that she did. I really liked the complexity of emotions that you put into this as well as the realisation that Ron would have grown up during that battle. Indeed, it was nice to read something this introspective into what Hermione really wanted. It's true that Harry was too much of a hero for her. That's what Ginny liked about him, that he'd do anything to help others. Hermione however, is a bit more selfish. She would have never let Ron leave her to go hunt Horcruxes.
B00 chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
This was outstanding. I love how painful it was for both of them. I am so glad you had them talk about it all and not just brush all the disappointments under the rug.
Ash chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Very Very nice...

I always loved the passion between Ron and Hermione..

They are both headstrong and stubborn and never back down.. in that sense they are truely made for each other...

Ver ywell written.. I need to thank Step for this rec!
The Steppy One chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Oh. My. Life.

That was absolutely stunning. I love the whole concept behind it, and the pay off at the end was a brilliant touch. There have been few fics I've read concerning their 'discussion' of their (bloody marvelous) kiss that I've believed but this one is in so many ways. Exasperated!Harry is pretty cool too and I love how you have Ron instigate it.

Another thing I adore is that you have Hermione flawed. A lot paint her as perfect where she isn't at all. She hates that she isn't and that came through wonderfully in your writing. She did admit she was wrong but only when she really had no other choice

“And don’t think that lets you off the hook, Ron Weasley,"

Spot on.

*applauds you*
redredreglasses chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Wow, that was really well written!

Im normally a LJ fan and so dont read much RH but that was a really good oneshot. You're characteristion made both Ron and Hermione really believable.
Goomba chapter 1 . 1/2/2008
Okay, yes, a couple of 'errors' whether grammar or otherwise. 1. (at the beginning) And so it was that "the" man I walked in on brooding... it's the "the" I wonder about, it doesn't seem to fit. 2. (in the middle-ish) [but see now I'm looking back and I can't find it I'm sorry... but it's there, somewhere.] 3. [And now that I re-read the 'third' it's infact not an error at all.] Well that was fun, now on to the good stuff; this story was very angsty-enjoyable, though Harry felt very out-of-character, Hermione and Ron were right on cue, thanks, and keep up the good work.
224 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 .. Last Next »