Reviews for True Love Never Did
F Maurice chapter 1 . 11/29/2011
Very good. I think you covered so many emotions in this story: sadness, impatience, disgust, passion and love. And I was pleasantly surprised to see the end of this story - that Hermione was writing a letter to Rose about love and what Rose needed to do about Scorpius. I'm not a fan of Rose and Scorpius but I like the way you addressed a mother's answer to her daughter about true love. Great, great job.
emlovesyouu chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
When I stumbled across this story in another authors favourites, I didn't think that a oneshot could be so amazing that it has 180 reviews. But after reading it I can understand 100%. The way you wrote this was absolutely stunning and I truly don't think I've ever read a post war fic as good as this one. Thankyou so much for sharing, I think I may go and reread it again, so I can truly absorb it's amazingness. Once again, FANTASTIC STORY! Oh, and you should definitely write more Ron/Hermione fics like this xo
Katie chapter 1 . 11/6/2011
I'm having a hard time in my life right now. There is a guy I love so much and I am frustrAtedly waiting for him to retaliate something. I love this story and it gave me hope. It is so perfect. "be selfish in love." I never knew a hp fanfic would inspire me. But it did.
celadrine.rose chapter 1 . 10/28/2011
Absolutely sweet! I really liked what you wrote here.
Lily Scamander chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wow. It took me probably five minutes to actually come down from the cloud of amazingness that this is. Honestly there are no words to describe how perfect this is. Literally if I had tried to write this about five minutes ago this is what you would have gotten:. . Which doesn't exactly make for the best review. I loved the way you portrayed them, it was fantastically accurate. So well that I feel that I should congratulate you or something, so Congrats I guess!
lilswmr427 chapter 1 . 10/8/2011
That was, well, amazing. Nice job.
cieldragon chapter 1 . 9/24/2011
I liked what Hermione said about not wanting a hero because heroes had to think of everyone else while she wanted someone who would think of her first. It just shows how much Hermione and Ron are perfect for each other and how Hermione and Harry just cannot be. It had always been one of Ron's complexes. I also liked how you stayed true to Hermione's character but made Ron a little more mature. Couldn't have characterized them any better than that! And that little bit at the end about Rosie and Scorpius is the cherry on top of my ice cream! Thank you for writing this story!
Guest chapter 1 . 9/1/2011
You are now my favorite author ever! We finally find out what happened with ronniekins and hermy! Thank you!
LadyKahlan chapter 1 . 8/29/2011
Very cute! Liked the ending a lot!
adkjafhjk chapter 1 . 8/27/2011
I think that this story is probably what would've happened after the battle and you portrayed it perfectly. Hermione's emiotions and experiences are what I imagine they would completly be.

I also think that putting it into a letter at the end was a heartwarming touch and the advice she gave her daughter was so beautiful and true with a bit of humour.

This was a really good oneshot which didn't fit the normal dynamics in a good way :)
halfkissed chapter 1 . 8/22/2011
This was brilliant. You really convinced me that this is what happened after the war. I've read many fanfics of Hermione comforting Ron, being by his side. This is the first fanfic I've read that she avoided him and you sure convinced me. I loved how everything unfolded between them. It was so perfect! So Ron and Hermione like. I was surprised at the end, that this was a letter to Rose, which made this one-shot even better. And this line, "And if your father should have a problem with your new boyfriend, I will simply remind him that, from all accounts, Scorpius Malfoy is far more a gentleman at fifteen than Ron Weasley ever was." Pure genius. Thanks so much for writing such a great piece.
hymnia chapter 1 . 8/19/2011
That was lovely. 3
LoonyLurvesFred chapter 1 . 8/13/2011
I really enjoyed this. I believe this is really plausible scene that could have happened to Ron and Hermione after the battle and I love that you waited for the snogging scene at the end and made them fight it out traditional style. Ps. Nice touch with adding Rose/Scorpius at the end I love them after Ron/Hermione :)
Inscrutably Expressive chapter 1 . 7/29/2011
Hermione is the only person I've ever seen who gets angry and screams at the person she's trying to "apologize" to. An apology along the lines of, "I'm sorry you're such an idiot" isn't really an apology is it?

Ron's obviously made lots of mistakes, but in this story it just seemed to me that Hermione was in the wrong with the whole avoidance thing and the things that she said. Seeing her explode on Ron after doing those things was irritating.
strayphoenix chapter 1 . 7/24/2011
Love this story! Fantastic dialogue, great concept and pacing, catchy title, and lovely little twist at the end. I especially adore the Rose/Scorpius tie in at the end. Probably the most believable account of the immediate RHr aftermath of DH that I've ever read.

Hands down, my favorite lines were: "I never wanted a hero, Ron. A hero has to think of everyone else first. As selfish as it is, I wanted someone who would think of me first. I only ever wanted someone who would need me as much as I needed him. I only ever wanted you." and "And if your father should have a problem with your new boyfriend, I will simply remind him that, from all accounts, Scorpius Malfoy is far more a gentleman at fifteen than Ron Weasley ever was."

The best part is the advice, of course, and many of us girls who grew up with Hermione feeling *just* like Hermione about love and boys get this beautiful little lesson in our daily dose of fanfiction. True love may never have run smooth but it always led to the same place. :)

Once again, fantastic work! Ron/Hermione forever :)

-stray