Reviews for Happy
pdljmpr6 chapter 23 . 7/21/2008
Huh. I guess I didn't leave a review for when I finished reading this one, well I intend to rectify that now. This was an amazing, unbeleivable fic. Seriously, Ronon with a drug addiction? Genius! THe B-story with Rodney and Teyla was very interesting as well. The descriptions of their withdrawls were very vivid and heartwrenching, absolutly amazing writing. Well done!

Asugar chapter 23 . 7/19/2008
Very powerful. The imagery was devastating as well as the depiction of addiction.
Tazmy chapter 23 . 1/24/2008
:) Aw good team story. Yay for Ronon and getting through all of that.
angw chapter 23 . 1/21/2008
What a roller coaster ride. I like your insight into the depths of addiction and the strength and courage of recovery and survival.

I also liked how you used Ronon as the vehicle of this story.
angw chapter 22 . 1/21/2008
Nonononono! What an escape! Frought with extreme danger. I wonder if Zin is okay.

I wonder if Ronon is okay. He has given it his all and then some.
angw chapter 21 . 1/21/2008
Tada it's Ronon. And now it's full circle. The others on the receiving end. Sheppard's POV on the others addictions is revealing. The want and the need description interesting.
Kristen999 chapter 23 . 1/18/2008
A very satisfying end, you gave this wonderful story justice. The withdrawal was brutal for the Team but Ronon was the key that unlocked the door to true salvation. The faith and love for each other. Between the dreams and the pain, they each helped the other through their ordeal. The dreams were indeed lovely, the bonding and understanding.

This story was so unique, taking one of the strongest members of the team breaking him down and building his back up. A story of redemption and of true friendship.

I look froward to your next endeavor.
Kristen999 chapter 22 . 1/18/2008
A riveting escape, I wasn't sure they were going to make. I loved how the last two chapters, Ronon couldn't understand how the craft could ever fly, but John half-gone is able to..nice. I feel for she dead? What happened to her baby?

So, long Ruined Planet, I hope you burn in in Hell.
Kristen999 chapter 21 . 1/18/2008
“That’s the Master?” John thinks. “He looks like an idiot.”

I love you was interesting to see John almost to the brink of accepting the plan, surrounded by something I'm sure he doesn't

I'm glad he got through to Rodney at the end, the banter still there despite their suffering. Poor Teyla I think after this, she's never want to her the word Happy ever again, she's been put through the wringer.
Kristen999 chapter 20 . 1/17/2008
I'm amazed at Ronon's mental fortitude to resist helping his Team and act as if nothing has happened. I'm glad the poisoning has begun, but tis sad to think that Ronon wanted to leave Atlantis after this mission and believes his team came back out of a feeling of betrayal vs what I am sure if the real truth.
Kristen999 chapter 19 . 1/16/2008
Damn! I wanted to ask why the Master didn't want Ronon's arm tended to correctly, I'm thinking to keep him maimed in a way...

But the end! Oh no! is Ronon going to help his Team out of this...I'm trying to imagine the inner strength to keep from tearing the Master apart. The irony of this is bitter I must say.

This was truly evil and I have to go to bed!

Kristen999 chapter 18 . 1/16/2008
The Dream Machine is so very unique a treasure and a deadly poison. Sheppard used it to verify Ronon's trust and most hidden intentions, I didn't expect that...I wonder how he resisted its allure..I'm sure from knowing its previous destructive reactions.

Really loved Rodney's experience and I'm just happy to see all this new loyalty and trust. Using in front of people if needed and Ronon's dreams and subconscious were both brutal and beautiful.

Really hope he escapes that planet.
Kristen999 chapter 17 . 1/16/2008
"People sitting near Ronon reach over and touch his body, stroke his wild hair and press their fingers against the tattoo on his neck as if it will help them through their misery. Their cold fingers feel like snakes sliding against his skin."

Lovely turns of phrase, what I like about your style is that is crisp, concise, but every word is vibrant. Nothing's wasted and it flows quickly with punches.

Looks like their's a wrinkle in their plans...The Master I knew was crazy but he really think sh can turn the Wraith?

Kristen999 chapter 16 . 1/16/2008
“You think six days? A week?” Sheppard adjusts Ronon’s pack, an act of almost embarrassing intimacy."

Loved that little scene. There are do many little details that really enrich this. Dog, staying with Ronon. ...Ronon singing in body but not spirit with the other brainwashed.

Rodney's gift of a wristwatch, very McKay handing him a piece of mechanical reassurance. All along the Team is in Ronon's heart.

Kristen999 chapter 15 . 1/16/2008
The Master's plan is pretty damn good. Destroy people's way to live, addict them to Happy and when he take it away, submitting them to his religion. Scary.

The end crackled with tension. Many people would have explained everything but frmo Ronon's POV he's about 'to the point' so all the techno babble is ignored. Great characterization.

He's matter of fact about what is asked of him. Glad to see the tension between John and Elizabeth, very believable... Sheppard wouldn't want to put Ronon in harm's way...yet its what has to be done.