Reviews for The Darling Buds of May
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This was hilarious. I loved the whole 'gem' mick-taking (I'm assuming you're taking the mick, anyway. :P), as rocketshippers tend to love to refer to Jessie and James' eyes as sapphires and emeralds (myself included, it has to be said). James being the woman if they ever got married really cracked me up, mostly because that's what would probably happen. I loved everything about this, especially lines like, "She was still simpering, but her booted foot had started to tap ominously, and James realised that if a song wasn't quickly produced, it might end up tapping on his own backside." Priceless. xD
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
"James," she said brokenly, "Of course I'll marry you. You are the only girl in all the world for me."

This? MAKES the entire fic. :)
Hippie Mermaid chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
OMG! That was the funniest thing I've read in ages! So random and weird - loved it! Thanks for the laugh!

Hang cool funky flower,

Hippy
SailorSev chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
o_0. Um...wow! That was weird, but funny. *faints from sensory overload*
cinnamin girl chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
omg... i used to collect pokemon, and the show is entertaining.. very hilarious- i never knew james and misty were gay...

cya!
bozobudgie chapter 1 . 4/12/2002
I think this may be the funniest one you've written. This is the only fanfic I've ever read where I just completely lost it and laughed out loud. I almost fell off my stool when James was going to sing "It's Raining Men".
Eevee chapter 1 . 11/9/2001
I've actually seen the song "Can't take my eyes of you" used in another rocketshippy karaoke thingie... but that missed the grand part of James in a wedding dress! You are one of the rare rocketshippers out there who does it the right way... you do Jessie and James as Jessie and James. And that is very well done!
Friezaess chapter 1 . 10/17/2001
Hey, that was a good one! LOL! (extra credit for the 'Good News Week' refference _!) I really enjoyed this!
Guardian chapter 1 . 10/13/2001
I -do- hope you realize that you are one of the only people on this earth able to write Rocketshipping how it should be done. It's a rare, amazing talent. I'd pay you for it if I wasn't dirt poor and resigning myself to spending the rest of my life in a shack eating vegemite. Oh, and I find it sad that I catch every good old Down Under in-joke, general quote, and reference; I was born in Sydney. _ Keep on writing!
borderline-mary chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
Randomly cool! I don't think James is gay, but I do agree that he might be the one wearing the wedding dress...
littlefreeze chapter 1 . 9/9/2001
Ha ha ha. . I don't know if I was supposed to laugh. . . . but I did! That was funny and cute at the same time.
Romana chapter 1 . 9/8/2001
*giggles* I love it! Silly songs and James in a gorgeous wedding dress *sigh* what more could one want from pokémon fluff? Oh yeah, Kanna's amazing cartoon narrative, and yippee, that's here too :)
Midnight Trainer chapter 1 . 9/7/2001
OMG! That was SOOOO funny!
alnyalnyalny chapter 1 . 9/4/2001
Well, I like all of your writing and this was no exception! :) It was really funny and I think that you managed to... er, kill off a lot of silly rocketshippy songfics. Dunno, have a feeling you used all the sapphire and emeralds-thing as some kind of attack on other fics too... (that gemstone-thing is way overused, isn't it?) Loved that part when James was singing in both english and japanese simultaneously, because it was just... fun. And he was wearing a wonderful dress. hehe. Well, I love it. It was really really cute. I like cute rocketshippy fluff, and that's all I can say. Oh, and the last thing Jessie says is great too. I'll always remember that one James' "Of course, she was a girl, but no one was perfect." is also wonderful. Everything about this is wonderful. And now I shall stop talking nonsense. I loved this story, and that's my final word.