Reviews for The Darling Buds of May
Maruru the Kouhai chapter 1 . 1/6
the part about jack and jill LMAO great story! lol
Moroso chapter 1 . 11/7/2017
OK SO I FOUND THIS JUST NOW
ITS 2017- 16 YEARS AFTER THIS WAS WRITTEN AND I DOUBT ANYONE WILL EVER SEE THIS, BUT HOLY FUCK I'M DYING BECAUSE I WAS NOT EXPECTING SOMETHING SO QUEER AND ABSOLUTELY HILARIOUS TO HAVE BEEN WRITTEN ALMOST 20 YEARS AGO WTF?! THIS FEELS MODERN LGBTQ PRIDE CULTURE BUT IT'S ALMOST AS OLD AS ME?! 2001?! I WAS A TODDLER WHEN THIS WAS WRITTEN WTF?!
JamesLuver chapter 1 . 7/23/2011
This was hilarious. I loved the whole 'gem' mick-taking (I'm assuming you're taking the mick, anyway. :P), as rocketshippers tend to love to refer to Jessie and James' eyes as sapphires and emeralds (myself included, it has to be said). James being the woman if they ever got married really cracked me up, mostly because that's what would probably happen. I loved everything about this, especially lines like, "She was still simpering, but her booted foot had started to tap ominously, and James realised that if a song wasn't quickly produced, it might end up tapping on his own backside." Priceless. xD
Sara Jaye chapter 1 . 6/12/2008
"James," she said brokenly, "Of course I'll marry you. You are the only girl in all the world for me."

This? MAKES the entire fic. :)
Hippie Mermaid chapter 1 . 12/26/2005
OMG! That was the funniest thing I've read in ages! So random and weird - loved it! Thanks for the laugh!

Hang cool funky flower,

Hippy
SailorSev chapter 1 . 5/10/2004
o_0. Um...wow! That was weird, but funny. *faints from sensory overload*
cinnamin girl chapter 1 . 3/18/2003
omg... i used to collect pokemon, and the show is entertaining.. very hilarious- i never knew james and misty were gay...

cya!
bozobudgie chapter 1 . 4/12/2002
I think this may be the funniest one you've written. This is the only fanfic I've ever read where I just completely lost it and laughed out loud. I almost fell off my stool when James was going to sing "It's Raining Men".
Eevee chapter 1 . 11/9/2001
I've actually seen the song "Can't take my eyes of you" used in another rocketshippy karaoke thingie... but that missed the grand part of James in a wedding dress! You are one of the rare rocketshippers out there who does it the right way... you do Jessie and James as Jessie and James. And that is very well done!
Friezaess chapter 1 . 10/17/2001
Hey, that was a good one! LOL! (extra credit for the 'Good News Week' refference _!) I really enjoyed this!
Guardian chapter 1 . 10/13/2001
I -do- hope you realize that you are one of the only people on this earth able to write Rocketshipping how it should be done. It's a rare, amazing talent. I'd pay you for it if I wasn't dirt poor and resigning myself to spending the rest of my life in a shack eating vegemite. Oh, and I find it sad that I catch every good old Down Under in-joke, general quote, and reference; I was born in Sydney. _ Keep on writing!
borderline-mary chapter 1 . 9/23/2001
Randomly cool! I don't think James is gay, but I do agree that he might be the one wearing the wedding dress...
littlefreeze chapter 1 . 9/9/2001
Ha ha ha. . I don't know if I was supposed to laugh. . . . but I did! That was funny and cute at the same time.
Romana chapter 1 . 9/8/2001
*giggles* I love it! Silly songs and James in a gorgeous wedding dress *sigh* what more could one want from pokémon fluff? Oh yeah, Kanna's amazing cartoon narrative, and yippee, that's here too :)
Midnight Trainer chapter 1 . 9/7/2001
OMG! That was SOOOO funny!