Reviews for Strength for Christmas
Guest chapter 1 . 9/17/2013
:'( so brilliant!
Rachael C chapter 1 . 2/21/2013
After spending the last week or so reading your Victoire/Teddy fanfiction (I'm pretty sure I wasn't fooling anyone, much less my professors into thinking I was actually taking notes during class...) I found this beautiful one-shot.

From the moment I realized WHICH October it was, my eyes teared up- by the end- "Suddenly Christmas is not so far away, it's only two months from now.[...] It's bound to be perfect." I was bawling. This is so beautiful- SO many feels here XD

Thank you for your amazing writing!
LuMezenga chapter 1 . 12/27/2012
It makes me so sad that she won't live to see any of Harry's Christmases except for the first!
kate chapter 1 . 9/14/2010
"Contrary to what everybody else thinks, I don't see myself reflected in his eyes. I see other things, and I might be able to see what nobody else sees."

What a lovely pair of sentences. So sweet.
NerdLifeIsAGreatLife chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
THATS SO... SAD :(
Lucie - or Lux chapter 1 . 9/2/2008
"He’s the one strong enough to bring us Christmas despite the darkness that’s hunting us down." - This was a great line.

This was a very interesting meditation on Lily. I'll admit, the first person narration threw me off a bit at the beginning (it usually does, since Rowling never uses it), but you made it work quite well, as the farther I got in the fic the more convinced I was that it was simply Lily, talking. Her thoughts about family, and being a mother, and making a life not just for herself and James but Harry as well, all rang very true to what we know about Lily. And your exploration of her desire for strength was both well-written and well thought out. Also, the poignancy of the moment you chose - so close to their deaths, and yet they have no idea - added alot of feeling to the story. All in all, nice job, and very enjoyable.
Marlicat chapter 1 . 7/30/2008
That's sad, seeing as we know that they're going to die anyways.
theessenceofsyd chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
woah: thats gorgeous! beautiful writing!
Kaydie01 chapter 1 . 2/1/2008
That was a nice read. It was well-written, and it was just, well, sweet. You captured Lily perfectly. Thanks! -Sali
GryffindorAtHeart chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
That was beautiful! The writing was beautiful, the whole idea of Lily looking for strenght was beautiful and her finding it in Harry was beautiful.

You are an amazing writer, and as Englsh isn't your first language I am very impressed. I think your English might be better than mine, and I am British!

Well done!
dark-hearted rose chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
A truly lovely piece. Well-written, expressive, you capture the moment and Lily's character perfectly. I especially love the bit about Harry at the end; and I think what makes the whole thing rather chilling to read is the foreknowledge that one has as the reader that Christmas won't be coming to the Potter's this year...

Well done. This is going in my favorites.

warm regards,