Reviews for Mother and Son Reunion
Fi Suki Saki chapter 1 . 5/4/2013
(too bad he made a big mistake about trusted Ruby)

This is so great! Mary talked to Sam and tell him how much Dean loves him and cares about him more than he cared about himself.

Mary know his children...
I'm happy with Mary showed in Sam's dream...

Too bad papa-John already dead. If he's still alive, Sam might or might-not tell that Mary visited hum through his dream! :)

Awesome fic! NICE!
wcfan chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
This story almost made me cry! It was that good! Great job!
rodney215 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
That was really good - I really enjoyed your story. It was very well written.

And by the way, I so want Dean to grow a scruffy beard - even for one episode. Love that you had Dean be so worried about Sammy that he didn't even shave. He did nothing but sit by Sam's side while Sam was unconscious.

Again, great job!
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Wow! What an amazing story.

I love Sam's talk with his mother, the way she makes him understand Dean a lot better.

And the worried Dean at the end was great too, sweet.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
"He opened his eyes and as his eyes came into focus he saw a ceiling, an ordinary ceiling, but for reasons he couldn’t understand, a familiar feeling of dread filled him as if he had seen that ceiling before, but couldn’t place where or when."

I love this. It makes you wonder, is he remembering it from when the demon showed him what happened that night, or somewhere, in the back of his mind, does he recognize it from when he was a baby?

“You see, Sam, it’s my fault that Dean protects you so fiercely. He learned that from me. I taught him that you don't leave the ones you love. You watch over them, keep them safe."

I love that Mary blames herself. It's a wonderful contrast, that she almost wishes Dean wasn't so fiercely protective, but that she is so proud of him for it.

“That just made it horribly real for Dean. He’d lost me, your father’s heart and mind were lost that night too and suddenly Dean thought he’d lose you too. I think that he remembered what I had told him and clung to it. He’s been afraid to lose you ever since. He’s never said anything, I know. That’s Dean. He’s closed himself off because the memory hurts so much. You’re lucky you don’t remember, Sam. Dean can never forget. It never really left him.”

So true!

"Dean was always standing up to anyone who was picking on someone smaller or weaker. I remember I was coming to pick him up from the playground one day and I watched, as a little boy was being teased and pushed around by some other bigger kids. Dean came right up to them, unafraid, and told them to stop. He then put a shoulder around the smaller boy and walked away with him, like he was protecting him. I was so proud of him."

I still LOVE this scene! It is such a perfect example of how Dean always cared for people who were seen as different, or "freaks", even as a kid.

"It’s not that he valued his life less, but that he valued yours more."

INCREDIBLE line.

“He’s doing it for you. Putting on a brave front because he doesn’t want the time you have left with him to be about fighting, to be about him dying. All his life, all he’s ever wanted was to be a family again. He’s never stopped wanting that. With your father and I gone, all he has left is you. He needs you to accept it so that he can just be a big brother to you.”

I hope Sam finally realizes that!

“We were on a hunt, nothing special. You got tossed, cracked your skull against a rock. The doctors said it wasn’t serious, but you stayed clocked out and wasn’t coming out of it. What did the doctors say, uh, oh, there was ‘no clinical reason’ for you to be still unconscious, but they couldn’t wake you up. Then they told me we’d have to wait until you woke up on your own…For a high-priced education, they sure have a flair for understatement.”

You capture Dean's voice so well here! You can hear that he is worried, but he's trying to hide, and also trying to make Sam smile.

AMAZING work!

Ani-maniac494
RedDragen chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
A wonderful start, I would love to see what you do with it next
staceycj chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
awesome!
whoaaitsmichele chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I loved this!
friendly chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
great story.. that was really good...