Reviews for Allies
Mantlady chapter 1 . 8/11/2013
Having been an MZB fan for nearly as long as she wrote under her own name, and keeping up with the current continuations, I can only say that this is worthy of her. Marion encouraged fanfic, before it was called that, and birthed more than a few current bestselling authors. Unlike Diana Gabaldon, who has likened fan fiction as akin to wanting to sleep with her husband, Marion actively lent out her worlds. (from what I gather, no one should want to sleep with Marion's husband...). This was an excellent read and I thoroughly enjoyed it. If you are stiil writing, I hope you are producing your own stories. Thank you for this tale, very much.
Mondtanz chapter 1 . 7/25/2013
Great and well-written story. I would love to read more about Rafe and Damien :-)
This is definitely on my favourites list now...
68guns chapter 1 . 5/2/2010
I don't know if you're still active on this site, but in case you are, I wanted to say how very much I enjoyed this story! This could have easily been in one of the anthologies of Darkover stories that were published, it's that good. You got the overall tone and all the little details just right. A truly enjoyable read! Thanks!
missingkitsune chapter 1 . 9/25/2009
what a truly amazing story. you sure do have the gift for writing, as i was completely drawn in by your wonderful word-crafting.

thank you so much for a terrific read.
emer mccarthy chapter 1 . 6/6/2009
That was absolutely brilliant, please write more darkover stories x
Daniel chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
Stumbled across your story looking for the word "bredu," and read a few lines in the middle. I read halfway through from in media res before returning to the start to read it all through. Was a wonderful story, hope your writing has taken off and you're doing well with it,

-Dannie
morte206 chapter 1 . 3/6/2008
This is amazing, the detail and tone so close to the source work it was what true fanfiction aspires to be, an extension of the origianl source.

Your original characters blend in so seamlessly with the world that MZB created it is as if she herself had written this piece. I can think of no higher praise than that.

Thank you so much for sharing your vision and expanding my own.
ginalee chapter 1 . 9/28/2006
You are very talented - you should write professionally. Thank you for this great story! Please write more, I'll be watching for anything you do.
Frost chapter 1 . 5/31/2006
Very nice!
kitnospam chapter 1 . 3/30/2006
PLEASE write more about Rafael and Damien ! I loved this story, and would like to read more.
Endaewen chapter 1 . 11/12/2005
I know it's an old story but I just found it. Wonderful. I wish it had continued a little longer though.
Alixtii chapter 1 . 7/4/2004
Excellent work. In-depth, fleshed out characterizations of original characters while using elements of Darkover-whether major like laran and starstones or minor like the invocations to Evanda-to strengthen the story. Everything fits together as an organic whole with beginning, middle, and end, much in the style of MZB's own work. Extraordinarily well-crafted.
Aurora Noctifer chapter 1 . 3/7/2004
Your story is awesome! It's the first Darkover fiction I read so far but it seems that there isn't so much out there.
Therefore I was even more surprised to find one so wonderful!
I like the way you view the Comyn system and the problem arising with the breeding program are accurately adressed.
The problem of bullies and their narrow minds exists everywhere (I know only too well from my own experience) and the way you solved it is very appealing.
This is a story I'd love to see again in one of the anthologies!
Aurora
KittySister chapter 1 . 2/24/2004
What a wonderful story. I loved it so much and I'd like to hear more about Damien and Rafael. Please please write more!
daniel dayton chapter 1 . 10/24/2003
good story, held my interest all the way through. would like to know the further adventures of this team