Reviews for Dean's Protector
ricksweet chapter 1 . 3/9/2008
Good story!

An idea Beta and I were talking about how a certain event (maybe the christmas episode and the striga) was what really put the boys in a deep loyal relationship, because from the talk, it was more than Mary's death, and I really liked this idea as a way to bring them closer than just normal brothers

I've always been mixed about John, although I loved the character and he prepared his boys for the things that could come after them, I feel that he was too obsessed. HIs boys didn't come first on his list when they needed him.

I also like the fact that you make Sam have that innocence, even at 13. We basically know that Dean lost his childhood early, and deep in his psyche, that 4 year old still exists in him. He wants to be loved and protected, and he wants his family. But he can never express his wants. We do know that he wants to keep Sam protected, even if it means the danger of his own wellbeing, I mean, in your fic, he nearly died to protect Sam. Something he should never have had to do.

Great story :-)
PipkinTwo chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
I really enjoyed this story. it had depth and understanding that we often dont see in the boys relationship...thanks

Pip
SUPERNATANGEL67 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Great job!
anon chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
You know I have to say that character analysis part about how Sam was so like John because John was all he had ever known and Dean was so different than both because of the impact his mom had made even in four short years was really interesting. I never thought of it like that but it makes a helluva lot of sense.

And after being so protected for so long of course all Sam wants now is to protect as well. Of course it goes against Dean's nature to let him. And hence we have season 3.
alwaysateen chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Very cute. It was nice to see Sam as the protector for once. Dean will always protect him but he needs the help sometimes, it was also nice to see him admit that to Sam.

Great job.
RedDragen chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
You did a wonderful start, I am looking forward to the next chapter if their is one.
Ani-maniac494 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
"Dean hated hearing that little boy voice of his. It always reminded him that Sam shouldn’t be here facing all this danger. He should just be a plain old kid, playing with other plain old kids his age, having no worries about the world or that evil even existed."

This is such a wonderful line! It shows so perfectly how Dean sees himself. He doesn't think Sam should be out there, but never once does he think of himself, or consider himself just a kid.

"Dean knew that he couldn’t fall unconscious and much as he loved the sound of his voice, he didn’t think he could maintain a one-sided conversation that would keep him awake."

*falls over laughing*

"“Girls,” Dean blurted out.

“Phhft, no way!” Sam said, an expression of disbelief on his face.

“Yes, way,” Dean admitted.

“Like you need to be worried. Girls throw themselves at you.”

“Yeh, well, I didn’t say they were scared of me,” Dean joked back with a shaky smile."

*falls over laughing again* I love the idea that girls scare Dean, lol!

"All John could hope to do was protect both his sons from harm for as long as he could, but he often prayed that Dean would never be taken away, not from Sam, not from them both because he knew that if he ever failed to save Dean, Sam would be lost to him."

WONDERFUL line. :D

"Dean had learned his mother’s lessons well and had applied them even in the brutal world that John had thrust him into. He had seen it many times. Dean was the best amalgam of John’s training and Mary’s humanity."

An incredible look at Dean!

Incredible, incredible work!

Ani-maniac494
R.K. Cloud chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Awsome story! Great job.
Write-of-Passage chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Great story! Loved the family dynamics intergrated with the hunt. John comforting Sam in the waiting room was so nice! And Johns reflections of Sam not knowing Mary and Dean being like her was great! Loved the story! Keep up the good work!