Reviews for The Path Ahead
Lupinica friggasdoiter chapter 3 . 3/31
Hey does this mean when we get to see the part where Aang canonically can't go in the avatar state but says this " overreacting?! If my chairs wasn't blocked I'd be in the avatar state!" Now that his chairs have cleared, can we see what it would've been like?
Guest chapter 2 . 12/14/2014
I don't think stone can burn. The entire temple is built from stone so I don't think accidental fires should be a problem. Though they should be careful about practising their skills in plain sight.

Passing airships could easily spot a fire bending display from the air. Everyone in the Fire Nation knows the air benders are extinct save the Avatar.

This means the Air Temples should be deserted and I doubt Firelord Ozai would hide the news of his son's betrayal.

Most people likely know Prince Zuko betrayed his people so the soldiers aboard the airship would connect the dots, realize the runaway prince is hiding at the Air Temple and alert the Firelord.

He would send a fleet of airships led by Princess Azula to destroy the temple as a show of power, and to leave no trace of the Air Nomads in his nation, and bring Zuko back as a prisoner.

They would then also discover Aang and the team hiding there and try to take them prisoner as well forcing the gang to flee for their lives yet again.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2014
I don't understand why they stayed to confront the passengers on the war balloon when they had another option.

They could have easily just flown away on Appa. Aang and Katara could combine their air bending and water bending to conceal the bison in clouds and mask their escape.

Plus the Western Air Temple was built underneath a cliffside miles inland and far from the coastline. Hence they're miles from the ocean.

Plus those hang gliders were built of wood and waxy paper. They would never stay intact for a hundred years.

Also the troops set fire to the whole temple complex so I'm pretty sure any spare gliders would burn in the wreckage.
Guest chapter 46 . 11/27/2014
Actually during the time of Avatar Korra who succeeded Avatar Aang, sky bison do exist even though Appa passed long ago.

After the war, Aang discovered an isolated island where a last herd of flying bison still existed alongside a new type of lemurbat called the ring tailed flying lemurbat.

He trained them and his son, Tenzin, eventually acquired his own flying bison whom he named Oogi. More bison lived at the Air Temples including one named Pepper whom Tenzin's children kept.

Tenzin's son, Meelo, has his own pet lemurbat called Poki. Another air bender to live at the temple named Kai has a bison called Lefty and a small tribe of sages who live on a volcanic island in the Fire Nation have been raising a herd of flying bison since the genocide of the Air Nomads.
cbc123754 chapter 46 . 8/29/2014
This is easily in my top 5 for favorite stories that I have read on this site, probably my second favorite. So many things that you did I did not even think about and it made for some amazing surprises. The only thing I didn't really understand/like to much was, why not have more bison be found so Appa could have a happy ending too? I like the idea of finding more bison so Appa wasn't the last left because for the air bending nation that lost so much the least that they could get back that was original was there original animal companions before the war if that makes any sense. Still this story was absolutely amazing and everybody can't get what they want.
Guest chapter 1 . 8/10/2014
It's not surprising Zuko tracked down the Avatar. An enormous flying beast wearing armour isn't hard to miss. Plus bison are thought to be extinct.

I was surprised Azula didn't send a platoon of airships to pursue and shoot the bison down. Plus an animal with a huge tail moves fast but airships are faster.

Also the airship is equipped with projectile-firing weaponry. One direct hit from a fireball would burn the bison so disabling it. Potentially, the soldiers could injure its tail then it wouldn't be able to fly. The Avatar would be helpless without the bison.
Guest chapter 29 . 4/11/2014
y do u have to make katara be with aang in everything, its sooo annoying, she isn't that in love with him arharh.
Fang chapter 46 . 3/13/2013
Nice ending I loved this! You're work is amazing
Fang chapter 34 . 3/13/2013
I have to say this is a much better ending than the Nickelodeon series. Awesome Job!
Fang chapter 30 . 3/13/2013
oh Oh OH the Suspense is Killing me!
Fang chapter 27 . 3/13/2013
Oh man i'm soooooooooo nervous! How are these battles gonna end!
Fang chapter 18 . 3/12/2013
I think i see some Toko forming...
Fang chapter 15 . 3/11/2013
So where are we going with this? Toph and Zuko, or Toph and Sokka?
Fang chapter 14 . 3/11/2013
Is thee gonna be Tuko in here? Or is it gonna go to Tokka?
Boogum chapter 3 . 1/10/2013