Reviews for Field Of Flowers
BonesFreak31103 chapter 1 . 4/11
THAT IS SO SAD
CrimeCrazy4519 chapter 1 . 4/2/2012
wow great freakin story! i cried!
jesseg1 chapter 1 . 2/15/2010
Absolutely bawled my eyes out.

Wow.
Kada chapter 1 . 2/10/2010
You have made me cry! Amazingly written and touching! Im like holding back tears, thanks for such an amazing story!
I Keep Goldfish In My Bra chapter 1 . 8/12/2009
Aw :D
firecracker93 chapter 1 . 5/22/2009
great story! But I was wondering what happened to booth? The bad man?
SquintandProud-x chapter 1 . 10/31/2008
Wow.

Your fanfic is the first to make me cry!

I was reading it and tears began to well in my eyes, soon enough I was nearly sobbing.

You did an amazing job! It made me very emotional.

It has to be one of my favourite fanfics!

x
OutlawsLady chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
OMG - I'm a bawling fool... Excellent story!
labsquint chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
For starters, you don’t need to apologize to the readers for your rate of publication. Life has bumps in the road and for some of us writing is a way to work through those bumps. For others, it’s simply too much more to take on. Whatever way works for you is what’s best for you. Don’t worry about us. What you put out obviously takes time, and is well crafted, so we can wait for you get it posted when you are ready to do so. Please don’t fret about it; you obviously have too many other things on your plate to add this to it too. Okay, mom-lecture over. Sorry, I can’t help it; I’ve got two kids of my own and am Lab Mom to about 10 graduate students and your plight obviously touches something in me so I'm feeling the urge to try to help out.

And now onto the review!

You’ve done it to me again. Like you have so many other times before, you’ve made me cry while reading your story. To me, this is your greatest strength as a writer – the way you can pull your readers into the emotional despair of your characters so it touches them personally.

You don’t normally write in the first person, but for this piece it works perfectly. Brennan’s misery is almost a tangible thing, something you could reach out and touch it is such a large part of the story. FauxMaven once said something that stuck with me – the Brennan would be in a ditch without Booth – and this is really where she is in this story. Forced to go on on her own, but feeling like a part of her has been ripped out of her forever. And it’s almost like she is trying to gain that piece back in the way that she interacts with her daughter.

The books in Evelyn’s room are a nice touch. You can see the blend of both Brennan and Booth in her reading interests. And the books, the Shakespeare book in particular, are a lovely window into the kind of involved parent that Booth was. But in her putting the book away and then finally brining it back out, we can see that Evelyn has finally accepted her father’s death.

Brennan and her daughter are a real team and the daughter shows unusual strength, understanding her mother’s weakness now that Brennan is on her own without Booth.

And during the dream sequence we learn of the second child. Booth left Brennan with one more child before he died. And during the dream, we see Brennan happy for the first time in this story. She is with Booth and she is complete. Until she is ripped from the dream by her own daughter. And real life intrudes once again.

And then Booth’s namesake arrives. And it’s a lovely moment, Brennan and her two children, and her hopes of seeing Booth again. The afterlife is implied, but the dreams are sure to continue.

This is a lovely story. It’s emotional and well written and does an excellent job of telling the story of a future we’d all like to not see, but would always be a possibility with a career like Booth’s. Well done!
Ares' Warrior Babe chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Okay so I'm crying as I type this. That has got to be one of the best Bones stories I've ever read. And it seems so familiar.

*ponders the familiarity*

I know why! It reminds me of what Terri Irwin said in her interview about how Bindi was coping. . . .*cries more* Aw, now I'm sad.

I've gotta stop getting attached to characters. . . .*grin*
Katertot chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
That was so good!
wordsaremyescape chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
so sad. absolutely loved it though. beautiful job!
agentpeggyrogers chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
I really loved that story! I am cry uncontrobally now! That was a very sad story but some how it needed to be said but I don't know why! I am controlling my self now! I really love the story though!

~Alana
InuYashaBaby1 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
i cried so much! Keep up the good work dude! (
canadianagurl chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
Wow! Powerful words you've written, totally brought me misting tears. Loved it!