Reviews for Over the Threshold
Athyna DaughterofPosiedon chapter 1 . 5/29/2011
As superior as the rest in this series. Do I even need to gush out praise? I mean it's sort of a given.
LGold chapter 1 . 6/2/2009
Wow. How to list the things I love about this fic?

The characters? You have their voices perfectly. I don't know whether you're just really observant to pick up all the little quirks of speech that make them THEM, or if you're just a genius, but I could hear the actors saying those lines in my head - Spike in particular. The only one who felt even slightly off was Buffy, and I think that was just because the season7!Buffy I have in my head is still a pontificating and pompous.

All the dialogue was brilliant, especially Spike's interaction with Buffy. And you know that's just what Spike WOULD say, the first time he sees Buffy back from the dead - first sex, then love, then sarcasm, and then insults. Loved it.

The only even slightly negative comments I have about this fic are, firstly, grammar - a proofread would pick up some common mistakes in this field, although I realise that I'm coming to this story about two years late, so you've probably improved on this already anyway - and the second from last scene, which felt a little rushed. But, you know what? Considering the atmosphere and the tension, I can understand rushed thoughts in Buffy's head.

What really amazes me, though, is how well you managed to get all the more minor characters in your fic. I only wish we could've heard a bit more character specific stuff from Willow, as Buffy's best friend - although the Copycat comment was definitely worth the absence of that.

“Looking for Faith.”

“Isn’t now a weird time to try and connect with God?”

That exchange had me chuckling out loud at my computer. This doesn't happen often. Enough said.

Uh. And apologies for the over-long review. I just blame it on getting carried away with an awesome fic! D
Lilly428 chapter 1 . 12/6/2008
Sorry, I’m so late with this review but somehow I missed the conclusion to your trilogy.

I really enjoyed this finale to the trilogy [The Lucky Ones, We Shine Like A Thousand Suns – Like Honey and Cigarettes – Over The Threshold]. I like having both Buffy and Faith’s POVs. Enjoyed your characterizations not just of Buffy and Faith but also how well you characterized Xander, Willow, Giles, Spike and even Kennedy.

Glad Buffy didn’t give up on them and pushed Faith into accepting them as “an us” [friends & lovers].

Excellent conclusion.

Wouldn’t mind a sequel someday.

Please do your Willow/Faith/Tara story. Soon.

Lilly
devianttart chapter 1 . 1/6/2008
Sorry for the delay in reviewing this. I keep taking long breaks from fanfic due to RL stuff. No fun.

But here I am. You know, I've never counted myself as the biggest Faith fan but I like the way you write her. And I would be interested in a Willow/Faith/Tara story. I loved Tara.

But Spike checking out Dawn. Ew. :)
Faithless-7 chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
hey i so loved this fic...u should do more..and post that willow/faith/tara fic too.