Reviews for Eyes of Clay
deathrosekitty chapter 1 . 7/16/2009
This story was lovely. And it made me wonder more on how Sephiroth and her got together in your story...
Gigei chapter 1 . 5/12/2009
I always wondered how on earth Tseng survived, I was sure he was dead. I like the way you wrote Tseng. At first I thought it was too nice - Tseng is *not* a nice man in love. Slapping Aeris and doing the dirty stuff for Shinra, dropping the plate on all the innocent people, etc. I loved the juxtaposition of the story and the fairytales. If he loved Aeris, it was a selfish, flawed love, you are completely right there.
nesza chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
wow. this is uniquely woderful! Great style of writing. *Off to read more of your works.*
wen chapter 1 . 12/28/2008
this is absolutely beautiful
Vavae chapter 1 . 7/21/2008
This is deliciously raw, psychologically complex, and human. Though "Eyes of Clay" does not directly violate original game canon, the unusual triangle and understood plot foundations gives the one-shot an alternate-universe feel, or perhaps a this-universe feel because the characters are nearly tangible. Tseng is given a remarkable depth that is rarely discovered in other fictions in which he is a primary character. In many instances, he is portrayed as a stoic, static Turk, but you have elegantly captured the idea of a violently passionate and dynamic Tseng that is as emotive and real as you and I are. It is this exquisitely depicted Tseng I would relish reading more of.

Excellent.
xLilly White chapter 1 . 4/9/2008
Ah, I HAVE seen you before; I remember being supra-impressed by your "Pounding Sea", and it seems that over the months you've gotten even more lyrical and deliciously heartrending in your writing. :) I love Tseng/Aeris dearly, and it's a good thing that there's such a shortage of GOOD fics centered around that pairing like this one- it makes this one shine amongst all the others with their cliched pairings and unoriginality. :D Ah, and your writing style... it makes me wonder what you're still doing on this site, and why I'm not seeing your name displayed on big banners in bookstore windows. :) The whole recurrence of fairty tale references is really neatly done; I like how you explored all the intimacy between Tseng and Aeris and how, inevitably he will have lived through all the awkward stages of her growing up, so he'll know her better than anyone else.

And, seeing Sephiroth in there makes it even sweeter. :D Gorgeous work. Again, I ADORE your writing style. I hope you're seriously thinking of publishing something soon, because I'll be waiting with bated breath till you do! :)
persephonevii chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
That was A-Grade stuff! I would just love to have even a tenth of your talent. Beautiful and very moving, you can really feel Tseng's emotions and thoughts. I don't know what else to say... this is an absolute gem!
Aiakia chapter 1 . 12/24/2007
Oh. Purdy. I've always had a soft spot for stories that come full circle. Oh, hey! And it's Christmas now! Merry Christmas!
SecretBox chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
O

Never in my entire time on have I ever come across a Tseng/Aerith/Sephiroth LT. EVER. & if I did, well then it obviously did NOT leave such an amazing impression on me like this one did.
Foi chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
OH my god that was freakin twisted. It was beautiful and amazing at the same time, your writing is flawless. I loved it, down to every detail. My heart was pounding the whole damn time I was reading thinking wow this is something different something greater.

You dont see much fics about these rare couples Tseng and Aeris I mean this probably one of those rare stories that you would probably not see anything like it again.

You deserve a big huge present for Christmas (or whatever you celebrate :D) for writing this, I adore it.

Have a wonderful New Years too, if I dont see you/read again.

Oh, by the way you should defenently write more things like this or just try like a rare couple like that, would love to see that.
Morgane Lurker chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Loved it. Simply loved it, I can see everything you've described in the story in front of me, and it's awesome!

I can't point out exactly what I like so much about this fic, aside the TsengAerisSeph-triangle, but if I have to point out one thing I'd guess it's the style of storytelling you've used and the paralels to different fairytales throughout the story. They sort of bring me an 'aha'-experience at the end ).

Anyways,keep writing! This was some of the best I've read D!

/Morgane
Summoner Luna chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
(If this posts twice I do apologize...Safari hates

This is absolutely amazing...Tseng/Aerith is one of my favorite pairings of all time, and I think you have done a truly amazing job of capturing the tragedy of their relationship...and I really love that you didn't give them a happy ending, or try to justify his treatment of her eventual capture as him just putting on a facade...you've made them real and honest, bad qualities included (and I am a *huge fairy tale nerd...I have books of fairy tales in their original states and essays that have been written on them, so you've not only written one of my favorite pairings, but also one of my all-time favorite topics
Shinz chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Oh, that was unreal. I absolutely loved how you used the fairy tales in it, it was really fantastic! Loved it!
MyIncentive chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
That was so touching! With all the other AerisxCloud/Zack/Sephiroth fics out there, sometimes it's easy to forget that Aeris once shared a past with the leader of the Turks himself, so I was very intrigued when I happened upon this fic (bonus for having Aeris/Sephiroth in it too, as I love that pairing :D) - and I simply loved it from start to end. I think my favourite line would have to be this one:

She would be the heroine of her own story, eyes put out by a spurned lover. Wouldn’t she like that…?

The tone of bitterness conveyed here really moved me.

Thanks for a splendid read!

~MInc
Ardwynna Morrigu chapter 1 . 12/10/2007
The poetry and lyricism of this just blows me away. For all the heck the various permutations of this fic must have put you through, it couldn't have turned out better. The various romantic entanglements really do make Aeris seem larger than life in a way, that she had that much love to give, but gave it cautiously.

I love folk and fairytales so much and it was great seeing some of the more complicated, lesser known ones referenced here. The Tam Lin quote really fit with Tseng's jealousy and the guilty aftermath. The entire story is like that first image Tseng finds, beautiful but dark and terrible.

The sea foam reference it terrible for the state of ending Tseng sees it as. It's comforting to know that being part of the flow in the Lifestream isn't the end for Aeris (and that it wasn't the end for the mermaid either even if her loved ones would never know it). Lovely work! So glad to see it!