Reviews for Xenophilius Lovegood's Christmas Wish
Sara Winters chapter 1 . 3/31/2013
Gryffindor modesty, hmm? Xeno is in a sad little predicament and ultimately I can see why he made the choices he did, however much he admires his daughter's friends and the cause they're fighting for.
Bad Mum chapter 1 . 12/10/2011
How have I not reviewed this before? This was lovely. "Kitten" just fits Luna's mother perfectly, and of course Luna wouldn't do anything so ordinary as be born in a hospital, even a wizarding one. I also adore Xeno thinking the Weasleys are a little odd! Wonderful story.
therealandromeda chapter 1 . 10/23/2011
Wonderful!
Rose of the West chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
I can't believe I never read this one! I was looking for Christmas stories and here it was.

It's sad, but it's beautiful in the way that Xeno's Kitten has never really left him. It gives him a lot of hope.
Queenie's Broken Heart chapter 1 . 7/28/2009
This was incredibly beautiful. At the start you build a picture of how passionate, loving and clever Luna's mother was. Xenophilius's loneliness is heart-breaking. The story of how Luna got her name was wonderful and how fond she is of her mother is so sweet. I loved that little comment on how he has always thought that Weasley family to be a little odd! Fantastic! The bravery that he shows by choosing to continue writing and by making that last resolution was scary. I didn't think he would really be that brave, but the desperation and effort he has shows how much he really loves his family and how proud he is of Luna. I really admire the way this story is actually very short, but you don't really realise it after you have read it because it's so full of content. Very well done!
Siriusmunchkin chapter 1 . 5/25/2009
Love it.
hermoinelvsronald chapter 1 . 3/6/2009
poor xeno

put i love how luna got her name
Deluxe Sugar Quills chapter 1 . 11/26/2008
This is a very sweet story. I love how instead of making it very sappy you took a different perspective on everything. I love how you portray Xeno's mindset, and how the entire time he's talking to his wife. Very well written.

DSQ
FirstYear chapter 1 . 11/22/2008
I was on a search for characters I have not seen written of before and came across this delightful peice. Very well done, I enjoyed it.
Starkiller chapter 1 . 9/3/2008
I had a great deal of sympathy for Luna's father in DH. Xeno's world is his daughter, not 'Britain at war', so I could absolutely understand his betrayal. You paint a sympathetic, yet flawed picture of Xeno that I simply loved and hope to read more of. Great work!
mosco chapter 1 . 8/4/2008
Great fic. It really made a picture of how Xeno felt during that time. I liked the way you described how Luna got her name, and how he would never have a christmas alone again. The begining and endinf were great and I liked how you portrayed Xeno being proud of Luna. You fit so much into so little. Well done.

Moscardini X
Madame Tortilla chapter 1 . 6/25/2008
I felt so sorry for Xenophilius during DH and you managed to awaken those sadening feelings once more; poor him, he's already lost his wife and then Luna goes missing :x must be a really hard thing to cope with. You blew me away, it was such an emotive and sad fic... damn, I loved it. Simply amazing.

Best Regards,

Rita
Sassy Lil Scorpio chapter 1 . 6/11/2008
This was beautifully written. I really felt sorry for Xeno in DH. He's already lost his wife, and now with his daughter taken, he's lonely and at his wit's end. He truly is a sympathetic character, and you brought that out wonderfully in this fic. I love how you touched upon his wife, the potion she was making, the love and faith Luna has, how their daughter brightened their lives. Even the part about how Luna was born under moonlight-just wow! And also, how he's proud of her for her bravery in being friends with HP. Amazing work and it's definitely going in my favorites. I only wish FFN would put Xenophilius Lovegood as a character in the HP fandom so that your fic would be easier to find. Take care and keep writing!
Cuban Sombrero Gal chapter 1 . 5/11/2008
The prose in this is almost flawless. I adore how meandering it is, wandering all over the place and yet returning constantly to the one key point: Xeno wants Luna back. It really suits the subject and Xeno's personality, and I really enjoyed it. Wonderful characterisations, too... ;)
Ky-lassassin chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
Ohh, that was so beautful! I loved it! There were a few technical things - "Nargle" and "Wrackspurt" should be capitaized and "moon" and "moonlight" shouldn't be.

You did a fantastic job with Xeno's character. I love how Luna inspires him and that he's speaking to his wife even though she's gone.

-ahem- What does "toe the line" mean? :)

The little things in italics in the beginning and the end were perfectly done. Amazing.

-Kyota