Reviews for Until the Dream Ends
Lights321 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
MUST...READ..mORE...
Qwertzu chapter 18 . 11/2/2012
thank you for sharing this lovely well-written story. Ill be looking forward to the sequel
ConvertedScreamerxPerceptorFan chapter 18 . 3/16/2012
! I LOVE this story so so so very much! It was gorgeous. Beautifully planned and measured plot with a perfect writing style. This is seriously the best Starscream fix I have ever read because you managed the impossible-converting an insane torturer into a begrudgingly lovable partner to one of the sweetest mechs alive. Thank you SO MUCH for writing this amazing work! Going to read the sequel. XD 3 3
TrisakAminawn chapter 15 . 3/12/2012
Heh. Well, it is M-rated.

Yee. This is very messed-up. And Starscream is a baddy and you're not denying that, but Perceptor is standing up for himself pretty well.

What I don't understand is why, in a story that featured satellite photography as a plot point more than once already, they don't take more care to do this shit /under cover/. Jeez. Starscream at least has the option of the 'I'm using and manipulating him' story. That won't exactly fly with the Autobots. This gets out, Perceptor's colleagues will presumably stage an entirely justified intervention.

Soul-rape scary.
TrisakAminawn chapter 13 . 3/12/2012
Aiyah, what a mess. You're still good at people. Man, Starscream is a sorry excuse for a sentient being.
TrisakAminawn chapter 9 . 3/12/2012
...the apparent goal of this story and the goals of sanity are kind of unpleasantly exclusive.

If Perceptor gives on this, I will be severely squicked and he will be in so much trouble in at least two ways. Man. No, he is not 'as much a victim as you are,' blinky. He chose each individual day for millions of years to keep working under a being with Megatron's policies and executing them. He put himself in the position to be coerced into this war crime, and he committed it when he could have refused, and almost certainly survived refusing.

He treats other sentients as objects. Always. That is the root of evil, and he is barely worse at it than Megatron. Just because he is pitiable does not mean he is not /bad/.

Why do your processors have the same flawed algorithms for sorting acceptable losses as ours? You have a completely different species history! At no point, to my knowledge, was it valuable to be more willing to see a virtuous stranger die than the guy you've been feuding with since you were both five years old and he threw a rock at the sparrow you were trying to catch, and you broke his toy spear in revenge. Why would you be vulnerable to the same social hacks? Were there primitive tribal cybertronians?

...you sure act like there were, come to think of it. I'm going to stop asking stupid questions now.
TrisakAminawn chapter 8 . 3/12/2012
...wow.

I can tolerate this, and even kind of enjoy it, because of the social and philosophical context in which you've placed it.

Please note that if a) Perceptor was gendered female b) they were human or c) there wasn't a literal empathic link due from the soulrape, I would be screaming your ear off about fucked-up quasi-apologism and things.

Starscream is still getting off way too lightly, not so much for obeying Megatron in the matter of deeply disturbing war crimes but in the matter of /being Starscream/ and having about the empathetic capacity of a low-voltage capacitor.

Nice writing, technically speaking, and I really enjoy what you do with character depictions. Often funny. Very person-like.
TrisakAminawn chapter 2 . 3/12/2012
Yee. Good lord. Interrogation by prison rape, and it's genre-marked *romance*.

Contemplating the odds of this being pulled off and not just being a study in depravity. Wondering if I should just cut and run now.

Very nice character writing. Geez louise.
Geiera chapter 18 . 1/1/2012
I love the dynamic you created between Starscream and Perceptor, especially regarding Starscream's issues with physical contact. It also showed, as Starscream lovingly put it, that Perceptor has backbone...which is so great.

I'm so excited that there's a sequel for this! I'm going to start it immediately!

Thanks for the lovely read.
Cara Lea chapter 14 . 5/29/2011
The way you write makes me feel like I am one of the characters. (: It is rare to find someone with talent as good as yours (myself included, I admit that I cannot write all that well but I can read) and I know a good book when I read one. Well done.

~Cara Lea
Cara Lea chapter 13 . 5/28/2011
watch?v3RfxAcMFlSI

This sounds about right for Starscream
Sailor Pandabear chapter 18 . 12/7/2010
interesting
Supermoi chapter 2 . 10/31/2010
Ho My god... That was... so intense... POOR PERCY! *hug* TO be forced bonded must be so painful... And I have to admit, Starscream does know what he's doing when it comes to torture and interrogation...

Sadism is in his nature, but... Well, there's still hope I guess!
Artemis1000 chapter 18 . 11/28/2009
What a breathtakingly beautiful story! You write the relationship between Perceptor and Starscream so wonderfully, I'm totally in love with this story (and stayed up far longer than is sane on several evenings to read "just one more chapter"). I'm still amazed that you made this relationship work so well and believably after the horrible start they had. But you really make it work through all the trials and tribulations and in the end, it's just amazing how good they are for another. They bring out the best in the other, Perceptor unburying long-forgotten gentler aspects of Starscream's personality, while Perceptor gains strength and self-confidence, not to forget a heretofore unknown daring streak through his relationship with Starscream. So even though Starscream is undoubtedly the more dominant half of their bond, it's nonetheless a balanced relationship between equals. And who'd have thought Starscream capable of that anymore at the beginning of the story, let alone want it? They grow so much in this relationship while still remaining the characters we know and love, it makes me giddy just to reminisce about it.
Cara Lea chapter 9 . 3/15/2009
you are such a great WRITER, there is no one else in the whole world who writes like you do. I'm so impressed, and can't wait for the next chapter in the Spires of Altihex.