Reviews for Waiting
Ronata chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
wonderfully written, i wish there was more. thanks
squintsquad03 chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
loved it. I like Booth's perspective and descriptions.
amobd chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
That was amazingg! Because who didn't wonder what was going through his mind when he was so dazed from the wrote the perfect answer to my question :-)

And the storm of feelings inside him felt totally real and so Booth-like, intense, diverse, powerful. The way the flames on his skin mirror the sensations inside, wow! I liked how you mentioned his fascination with her eyes :-) And how he remembered all they lived together and how everything brought them closer and closer together. How every time he felt her slip away because of cases, of boyfriends only brought him closer to that line. And how he rememberes every time they touched! You made me instantly think of that dark, intense look in his eyes that is there whenever they touch and how he always tried to fight it back.

"You said we’d have our own Christmas when you got home well I have it all waiting. There’s a tree up at your apartment and your gifts are waiting underneath it. Dinner is in the oven waiting to be heated up and a Christmas cd is already in your stereo waiting to be played. Waiting, waiting, waiting, I’m so tired of waiting, but that’s over now. Life is about to get very merry.

Finally, I can see you, finishing up as you come through the check point. You look amazing Temperance. It takes everything in me not to run because we kissedand even though you don’t know it yet, tonight we’re going to do it again."

I could feel all his energy, all the wishes and emotions in this ending, powerfull and you made me see him so vividly, fidgeting all over, trying not to run to her :-)

Totally sweet and mesmerising :-)

Can i ask for a continuation? All that energy has to go somewhere :-p
kmmp99 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
WOW! Absolutely perfect!
Hawaianangelgirl chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
WOW! Wonderful job! The description is just amazing! I could really picture Booth waiting for her at the airport and all I wanted was hims to run and kiss her hard!

No second part intended? I'd die to read it!
labsquint chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
This piece is a very nice introspective look inside Booth's head; a very in character moment in time reflecting where his thoughts might be at the end of Santa in the Slush.

I liked the way you used the flame analogy as an image of his feelings for Brennan and then expanded on it when you described it as "small sparks that flickered from that first moment we met and slowly smoldered until they burst into tiny flames that spread and licked along my skin". Very descriptive and effective.

Their relationship is covered as a nice retrospective, right from the first case, through the years, through the Sully months and then to the present time. His lists of all that he knows of her, how he knows so intimately, knowing all of Brennan's little likes and foibles really shows how intertwined they've become in each other's lives. This was not how they may have initially intended their relationship to be, meaning strictly on a professional level, but hey are far, FAR past that now.

Booth's feelings over Brennan's relationship with Sully are very poignant. This line most shows to me where Booth's feelings really were at that point and I think you've really got it nailed here: "What kept me up at night then was the realization that I didn’t just want you to be happy; I wanted you to be happy with me."

And then his feelings for Brennan sexually that he had tried to keep tamped down and hidden - very subtly hot! Oh course, it is your writing and you do excel at that very thing, but you have him being deadly honest with himself, if no one else. This was particularly effective: "I want to see you lose control Temperance and I want you to lose it in my bed." There is a world of possibilities in that single line.

But now, following that kiss, he has decided that the line will well and truely be crossed, maybe even that night. He's gone to a lot of trouble to make things perfect for her, when Brennan tends to escapse at Christmas time to avoid the feeling that she has no one to share Christmas with. He's going to show her that this year she does have someone to share it with. What a guy!

I really enjoyed this fic. It's a natural corollary to the end of that episode and while the writers will not be taking the story in this direction, it is very in character and it certainly is one of the ways it could have gone. Thanks for sharing it with us.

It does leave one wondering though, if you have any plans on continuing and filling us in on what happened once they met at the airport? :)
danireed chapter 1 . 12/12/2007
You did a great job with this fic. i really love that it was Booth POV. you had some funny lines and really love the end.
squeakykiki chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Wow! Oh my...that was...just...and then...INCREDIBLE! That was perfect! So sweet and cute and sexy as hell! Wonderful details. Amazing!
RedRoses18 chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
That was absolutely STUNNING! One of the best first person fanfic stories I've ever read!

Amazing job! :) :)
Rae Tamwood chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
holy f*ck, that was HOT! It really felt like being inside Booth's head...

Bye ;)

chipmunk2376 chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
Ok now you need to write more to this... It doesn't have to be only a one time thing. This was good getting into Booth's head.
riviera41797 chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
that was fantastically written! I espicially love the end!
notesofwimsey chapter 1 . 12/11/2007
I love how you get into Booth's head, thinking his thoughts. I love the idea of him preparing a Christmas for her after Peru, trying so hard to give her all the rest of the things she lost when her family left. I loved the sweet, sexy, funny way his thoughts bounce around.

I love your writing.
hushedgreylily chapter 1 . 12/11/2007

That was utterly WOW. Booth. Right in his head.

BonesDBchippie chapter 1 . 12/11/2007

YOU my dear *I bow down* are A GODDESS! YOU'RE BRILLIANT I tell you! This was SUPERB! Absolutely OUTSTANDING! THANK you! I know I asked for a HOT-SEXY one-shot from you after that epi, BUT this was just SO MUCH MORE than I could ever of anticipated! WHAT an AWESOME pictured you painted of him waiting at the terminal-YOU captured EVERY thought, EVERY emotion, EVERY instance of their relationship SO PERFECTLY! I absolutely melted when I read...

"I can’t recall the exact moment that wanting you began to burn in me. It came in pieces, small sparks that flickered from that first moment we met and slowly smoldered until they burst into tiny flames that spread and licked along my skin." ~~OMGAWD I totally had chills from reading that! And the goosebumps didn't leave my skin till I finished reading ALL of it! I can't even begin to express how REAL it all was! EVERY piece of what she is to him was beautifully outlined!

I LOV'D his thought "I know a thousand superficial things about you now but it’s the handful that were said to me in those rare moments that you let your guard down that really matter. Those moments were gifts that I was wise enough to collect." -So PRECIOUS of a thought for him to really think of these things as "gifts". I REALLY enjoyed how you described his feelings about her and Sully and the internal battle he fought..."You gave him your body...Thinking about it is like a combination sucker punch to my gut. Still, you didn’t give him your heart" -I think that's the best scenario describing them I've ever read! AND lets NOT forget the AWESOME way you put him out there with his burning desires and fantasies-SO raw, SO sexy, So beautiful! YOU conjure up the BEST images of the two of them *sigh* YOU just make them SO good together! DAMN! Too bad this is a one-shot! I could SO see this turning into a HOT-STEAMY continuation of them, ehem, kissing again! GAWD he's such a romantic with the Christmas tree set up with presents, the CD ready to play, and dinner in the oven...Oh YES I can DEFINITELY see his deepest desires and a few fantasies *shivers* coming true as the evening goes on! Hmm, have THEY cloned this man YET? I mean it's been three years almost! Ya'd think someone would of come up with a way! LOL!

THANX for the AWESOME Christmas present! Certainly sweet-dreams dreamy material...just a little more imagination and..."I mumbled what in my sleep?" LOL!

(I've gotta run~~I might have time if I hurry to do my review after I slip this into the "Bones One-Shot Community" for your SVU fic-laptops still out'a 'on-line' commision so I'm behind in my reviews!)

MERRY~HAPPY~HOHO to you too!

~G :D