Reviews for She Lives
the general girl chapter 1 . 6/23/2015
I always thought Tifa would have been at least a /little/ frustrated at why Cloud...vacillates sometimes. So many fics portray Tifa as this strong, unbroken, martyr in terms of her feelings and waiting for Cloud to sort out his own, and while a lot of that is true, it's nice to see a fic humanizing her a little more; even the best of us have breaking points.

Anyways, I loved this! Tifa's frustration really came through in your writing, and everything was fluid and smooth and ahhh, this is just a wonderful piece in general. Thank you so much for sharing!
Rice chapter 1 . 6/23/2014
Years too late that I read this, but it was absolutely superb without being too sappy or cliche. And I don't think the contrast against Aerith is unnecessarily antagonistic. She is a lovely and powerful woman but Yuffie was making a comparison to how Tifa cares for THEM (Avalanche) itself through grunt human effort for years. Aerith is a healer and selfless savior of the Planet but she was only in the party for 3 weeks to 2 months and didn't give each individual member the same TLC as Tifa did. Not that she wouldn't have wanted to, but her role was different.

Yeah and Cloud's words to her were so beautiful and meaningful like it dispelled all her doubts forever.
SketchyxNinja chapter 1 . 4/4/2014
Now this was a really nice way to portray Tifa's breakdown. I mean, everyone has their limits and god knows how long Tifa has been holding on. But I suppose that's what to admire from her even though it's her fatal flaw as well.

Nice job on this :)
Taylor chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Awww. Love it!
epitaphed chapter 1 . 9/16/2012
Mothertrucker. I haven't got enough words to describe this. Just - just...thank you for writing this.
yootena chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
This was wonderful and beautiful and everything a CloTi fic should be. Great job, loved Yuffie and the accurate characterization. Well done! :)

Violetcarson chapter 1 . 9/2/2011
Highly insightful. Seriously, your interpretation of the characters is great. Not something I would have thought of initially, but an amazing interpretation. Bitchin' job. XD
Minimosey chapter 1 . 9/20/2010
I'm one of the few people who doesn't like this, sorry.

I *did* like the story, up until Yuffie said "You know how Aerith's never done that for us?"

Tifa has compared herself to Aerith and would probably do so again. But for the rest of the group they're two different women. There was nothing beforehand to indicate the group compares Tifa to Aerith or Aerith to Tifa and no justification for it. It's out of nowhere, and though it somewhat fits thematically with Tifa's jealousy, it doesn't seem right that they'd need to point out "Aerith never did this" to appreciate something Tifa has done.

Not to mention, Aerith HAS done that for them, and at least Tifa, if not the others, are aware for it. Because Aerith worked for two years to heal the victims of Geostigma as they passed away and trying to find a cure. She was "staying up the night" with the entire Planet for two years. Even before then, as she watches over at the end to make sure Meteor is repelled. And Tifa is perfectly aware at the end of AC that Aerith has been watching over them.

Not only is the comparison unnecessary, it rings false, and ruins what was otherwise a nice story.
drinktea chapter 1 . 8/31/2010
Oh man, this was written well! I LOVE IT. Going from Tifa's point of view to Yuffie's and back again... it was completely necessary and just made the story. Tifa is really just so selfless it is a little odd, isn't it? Having her crack just made her so human. So alive.

I said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVED THIS!
dreaming.sapphire chapter 1 . 5/16/2010
It's great to see Tifa crack. I mean that honestly. Everything in this? Totally~ true. I love how Tifa just keeps throwing things at Cloud. XD And it's good to see her standing up for herself! I loved the part where she tells him to go back to Aeris's church and how everyone starts running when she has her emotional break down. XD It's good to see her being taken care of finally! I absolutely love this!
Master of Chronicles chapter 1 . 4/29/2010
I have read many Cloud Tifa shorts aboutn their relationship problems, and they usualy end predictably. Though this had a happy ending, the vulnerablility of Tifa and the awkwardness of Cloud and bad sense of timing gave it a slant I wasn't expecting. The addition of the other characters was nice, since shorts like this hardly ever involve them.

You are also one of the few to portrait Aerith as someone not too special. She was a healer who helped people with their injuries in seconds, whereas Tifa was always there for them. It reminds me of the role of mothers. Sometimes we forget just how much they care for us.

Good writing, solid characters, great theme. Once again I wish you the best in your writing career.
xi.writes chapter 1 . 4/16/2010
I love how you've managed to capture both Tifa's fragility and strength in this lovely one-shot. Fantastic work!
Bluishorbs chapter 1 . 3/19/2010
I love it. :)
AquariumJello chapter 1 . 2/11/2010
The honesty and the very fragile beauty of this is extreme. I think that this is not only well-done but also incredibly...real.
Guest chapter 1 . 1/23/2010
this is so raw. amazing.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »