Reviews for Self Revision
Collaborative Lady chapter 1 . 5/9/2013
This kinda... Doesn't sound like Sam. Not even if he'd been worrying over twisted aunt fixations for two years. I just. Cant't... see... him reacting... like... that...
Sniff. But I digress.
As an example of how onesided teeny letters go, these are pretty good. Sam comes across as young, and unsure. And young. And undeniably cute. Letting a little bit of Lirael's character across for the audience to happily latch the potential recipient to gives it a bit of a three dimensional quality. You didn't play up the angsty incestuous angle, which I am sort of grateful for. The Sam you've created doesn't seem like he can go down that path. This just sort of turned into unhappy cause you're not here but not sulking cause I haven't told you anything letters. Fair enough. They made me chuckle.
Guest chapter 1 . 7/16/2012
Okay I'd like to say this made me smile, thanks for writing and sharing! (I'm not even usually into this pairing but you may have converted me with sam's adorableness:P)
DuhStoryOh chapter 1 . 10/21/2011

does not sound like sam at all

at least if you would havee added her replies...

oh well, im sure you'll do better
Intan chapter 1 . 9/10/2010
Oh I simply loved this. Though when I finished reading the trilogy my hope for something between Sam and Lirael were almost non-existant, reading this still made my heart wrench, and face still showed signs of obvious dissatisfaction that he only sent that last one. And I laughed too, because though it was sort of heart breaking, it was really funny. So in other words, what you wrote was good. Like, really good. I give you ten thumbs up. :)
Allethia chapter 1 . 11/30/2009
Aw. :( Poor Sam. I love SamxLirael but it always seems to be one-sided! I'll have to write one of my own one day... You captured Sam pretty well I thought!
Quixoticisms chapter 1 . 11/4/2009

I've been dreaming up situations about them ever since Sam came into the picture (and somehow hoping that they'd find out that sam was actually adopted so they'd be able to be together. Or something like that, haha)

Your story made my heart ache (in a good way); I liked it very much 8)
nikkiRA chapter 1 . 8/27/2009
Aw, that was excellent.
leradny chapter 1 . 8/3/2009
Oh dear, oh dear. Now I feel absolutely awful for not liking Sam. He was immature, yes-even compared to Lirael, who was pitiable at least-but you made that immaturity into a much more tolerable and endearing naivete.
purple-papoose chapter 1 . 6/25/2009
Aw...cute..I really like the Sam/Lirael you know some other good stories with them?
crazybeagle chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
That was cute. I still think that in the story it was more of a familial sort of love, and that he needed her there to help him to grow up, in a sense. And to be a friend and big sister character (because Ellimere's too much of a nag). But I really like this...if their love was to develop into something more, this would be the way it would happen.

Frankly I like Lirael and Nick better, although admittedly Lirael could do much better than Sam or Nick. Sam is a little bit whiny and Nick is an arrogant git. :) Maybe I like Lirael and Nick together because I was like, "Wait a second...her and...him? That's kind of awesome!"

Great job, however. And you did his personality quite well.
AvatarTwilightObsession chapter 1 . 1/14/2009
Garth Nix shouldnt've made Lirael his aunt! Poor, poor Sam! x great fic! x
Baccus Cremaeus chapter 1 . 7/12/2008
Beautiful. You make Sam's clumsiness eloquent.

I enjoyed this very much. Thank you.
Reading Redhead chapter 1 . 6/5/2008
I really liked this! I'm not sure what I think about Sam/Lirael as a viable pairing on Lirael's side, but I think you've done a perfect job of capturing Sam's emotions here. Often funny, always poignant. Good job.

Pseudonym Jareth chapter 1 . 5/8/2008
That was hilarous! some of the letters were serious and i didn't want to read them as much, but i got past it anyway...because the format was a bit difficult... ah yes. and i like the humor in it. let's hope you do a sequel!

Rainbow Queen
allsmiles chapter 1 . 5/4/2008
i was smiling all thtough the fic. It is true, now i want to give sam a big hug XD awesome stuff!