Reviews for Tested
JaniceC678 chapter 4 . 9/2/2012
Wow...great story. Straight angst/drama without a hunt involved is not usually my thing, but this was really good and had me all teary by the end.
ChelseaWinchester chapter 4 . 5/27/2010
Wow, all i have to say is...Wow. Beautifully written story! I loved it!
Sasajataka chapter 4 . 11/27/2009
A work of art! I honestly hadn't noticed there wasn't any supernatural creature in this until you mentioned it :D It is very natural to wonder what created Dean-he is the ultimate hero because he literally gives more than he has. I desperately want to see more of the winchester's youth drama- i simply can't imagine John as any kind of responsible parent. This really is probably the best Dean angst i've ever read- it weaves well into the skimming the surface background Kripke has given us for this complex character. It was just...perfect, in every way. I liked the days when Sam and Dean were attached at the hip, and Dean is just the most beautiful damaged creature ever created, that must be why we love to play with him :D honest to goodness, 5 star writing, dynamic psychology, and even fantastic OFC creation! dude, you...are a fanfic god.
Jayme chapter 4 . 12/18/2007
This was fantastic
ChaiGrl chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
Well I have finally finished your story, and I loved every single word of it. You really captured the characters' essance and stayed true to them in your own way. I loved Dean's and Sam's interaction with the childrean. I hope Alex and Nicholas will make a future appearence in later stories of yours. Until your next post, take care and Happy Writing!
Shannz chapter 4 . 12/17/2007
I am so glad that I waited until this was finished before reading.

I found this extremely moving and emotional. I had no idea what the subject matter was about though I started to suspect by the end of chapter one. Though I still wasn't sure because I wondered if you would really go there. Boy, did you ever.

I'm a slash reader so the whole male/male thing doesn't really bother me all that much. But I tend to stay very clear of anything non-con related. It's just a squick for me - can't handle it. I read fan fic to relieve some of the stress in real life. I prefer feel good fics or hurt/comfort with a happy ending. Non-con leaves me feeling cold and upset.

I have to say that I am extremely impressed with how you handled the entire premise and with how you had Dean handle it. I look at this as one of the many 'what if' scenarios that could have happened when they were younger. I prefer to think that it did not - but as a what if - I was game to read it. I am so glad that you focused more on the after effects and healing rather than what actually happened to Dean.

Both boys were so in character. Even with Dean being more vulnerable and Sam's shock at his brothers revelations - they both seemed very in character. I'm not familiar with Kristine or any of the fics she's been in. But I love the idea of hunters, like Sam and Dean, having some place to go. Sounds better than the roadhouse :) It's nice that Dean has someone other than Sam to turn to also.

This was definately angsty, but not in the rip my heart out kind of way that would have had me unable to finish the rest of the story. Very tastefully done on a difficult subject matter. I loved Sam throughout this. He was so concerned, then so supportive. I felt like I wanted to kiss him when Dean finally told him. I was holding my breath for his response. He so didin't disappoint me.

I didn't know what to expect with this, but I am so glad that I read it. And the ending was perfect. Lovely job. I bet it was hard to write.

-shan
Brigid Tanner chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
Congratulations, you made me cry. This is so awesome. Loved Alex and Nicholas and the connection Dean and Sam had with them. I'd love to see them again.
Brigid Tanner chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
OMG! this is so good and so intense.
Brigid Tanner chapter 2 . 12/16/2007
Oh, Dean! This made me start tearing up. Gotta feeling I'll be crying full on before it's over.
ROBINV chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
BRAVO! KUDOS! WONDERFUL! This story was so great, I can't come up with enough superlatives to do it justice. I plan to recommend it up the ying yang, though, I assure you of that! Love, Robin
adder574 chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
This was an awesome story. I'm glad the Dean finally came clean with Sammy about everything, and I always love when Dean interacts with children.

Kristine was great as always. I really like the way you have her as a main figure in the story yet never take away from the Sam and Dean realationship.

One question, would you ever consider a sequel to this. I would love to see a story where Dean gets a call from Alex because of weird going on at the group home where Alex and Nicholas are. It would be cool to see Dean surrounded by a big group of children, and Sam's observations as he watches Dean's interact with them.

Looking forward to the next thing you write.
Brigid Tanner chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Was waiting for you to finish the story before I started reading ;)

"He knew his brother was capable of love, but he was very bad at being loved. Dean didn’t think he was worth a second glance from anyone for anything more than a one-night stand."

And that is why we love Dean so much. Good job.
ukfan101 chapter 4 . 12/16/2007
well written story, thanks for sharing it with us
My heart beats only for you chapter 4 . 12/15/2007
Aw you're the best. So many parts of this had me crying. This was a great fic. I can't wait to read more spn fic from you D
TraSan chapter 4 . 12/15/2007
This was written so well. A great deal of caring on both Sam and Kristine's part as well as a very believable (but I'm with you, I hope it never happened!) scenario for Dean to have endured.

I'm glad you found the courage to post this one because it was definitely worth the read.

Thank you for writing.