Reviews for Christmas Spirits
wcfan chapter 3 . 12/18/2007
"...raise a couple of cute kids and tell’em bedtime stories about their hell raiser Uncle Dean instead of that Humpty Dumpty crap" That made me laugh. It was a sad laugh though.

Anyway, loved the story. Really awsome! And it explains the shaving cream! Lol!
Rachelly chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
Wow! I just found your piece and read it and Wow! Just W0w! I loved what you did with it! Loved who you chose to walk with Dean through the past (pastor Jim), the present (Yellow Eyes who you wrote brilliantly) , and the future (Mary). I loved each persons angle and the brotherlyness of each scenerio. Loved the way Dean cared for Sammy after the bar fight and how the demon twisted it into his screw cruel and so Yellow Eyes-like. Loved how broken Sam was in the future without Dean. His plan was so eerily perfect to take out Meg and himself and yet so sad. I loved seeing Dean's reactions to everything. Wow! Just Wow! You did an awesome and very creative piece and I really enjoyed it! Thanks!
calcium77 chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
I really liked it! At first I was hesitant from reading the description, but it was great! I could actually see Sam doing something stupid to get himself sent to Hell to be with Dean in such a situation!

TaintedXRose05 chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
I absolutely loved it! It was being there. I was smiling through the whole chapter. Too bad its over lol. I'll definitley check out your other stories. (also, i found it hilarious how ur story goes with the X-mas special)
LadyVic chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
Sculls this fic is truly amazing. Your imagery of Sam at the end of line, and what his life is like at that point, is powerful. The whole concept of evil taking everyone away from him, and Sam arranging things so that he will be back with Dean in the end really got to me. Every one of your characters was absolutely on the mark.

You didn't overdo any of the images or hit us over the head with ideas, you trusted the reader to 'get it'. I could go on naming point after point that I loved in this story, from your writing style to plot points. This is a story that will stay with me. Thank you for sharing it with us!
Nilah chapter 2 . 12/17/2007
Enjoying this. Love the inclusion of Mary.
LadyVic chapter 2 . 12/17/2007
Great chapter! The YED was spot on. I like your idea that Dean going through with the deal is the demon way to divide and conquer. Can't wait to see Mary's part and how you wrap it up!
K Hanna Korossy chapter 3 . 12/17/2007
Very nice. You made Dickens work in this context, and I like the inspired touches of Dean wanting to fight to live and of the YED being the Ghost of Christmas Present. Good job!
6219834 chapter 2 . 12/17/2007
Reviews of chapter 1 and two.

Great first chapter, I loved the section about the tree decoration, I was thinking along a simular line for a story about Sam's first Christmas. Dean remembering it was such a touching moment! As was the little conversation between the boys.

Chapter two, I loved the sparring match between Mary and YED. I though that you wrote him wonderfully and you can just hear his intonation and style. Great writing.
pandora jazz chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
What a wonderful story.

I loved Jim's words to Dean - "...You and Sam are flip sides of the same coin. If we're going to win this battle, we need both of you..."

Wonderful scene in the motel room as the brothers celebrated Christmas.

The YED appearing as Christmas present was a surprise. Of course he had to continue to put Dean down and say he was worthless, (get so tired of that), but glad Dean tried to see through him and told him to leave.

Had to smile when Mary appeared, that was perfect. I like how you had Mary remind Dean that Demons do lie, so how does he know that Sam will be safe if he keeps the deal?

I could picture Sam in the future as tried to find a way to get Dean out of hell, but what would happen if everyone he knew died. You did a wonderful job describing Sam, he was alone and just tired of the fight.

What a chilling lines from Sam to Meg, "...This ends now. You and I have stayed at this dance far to long," -"You think hell can handle the Winchester brothers reunited?"

Loved Mary's words to Dean, "By finding a reason to live, to fight, you save yourself and you save your brother. The future is not set. You can still change things."

Dean waking in the present with Sam sitting beside him, 'eyes burning bright with concern,' and than a hug too, perfect.

I liked that Dean shared with Sam that he had dreamed about the ghosts of Christmas, even if he didn't go into detail. No secrets.

What an excellent ending as Dean looked at the picture that little Sam had given him all those years ago and promised, "...We will figure this out. I won't leave you alone."

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
LadyVic chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
I'm finally getting the chance to do a little reading and I jumped right into this. I love it! I love the way you found significance in even the smallest things the young brothers do, the way you can see traces of their grown up personalities, but they're believable kids.

The whole idea of the fic, and Pastor Jim's appearance...sigh. I have this sudden urge to check the TV guide for Alistair Sims. I can't wait to read the rest. Unfortunately it's already 2am. must not stay up to read now must not stay up to read now must not...I'm hoping if I tell myself that enough times I'll actually get to bed.
Rat chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
great story, love the end and how it all fits with the christmas episode.
sUnKiSsT chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
An excellent ending, your version of Sam's future was very unique. Good job with this :)
TraSan chapter 3 . 12/16/2007
Aw...I loved every word of this delicious little fic of brotherly love.
TraSan chapter 2 . 12/16/2007
AWK! Don't you want to smack Dean around a bit. How can he NOT see that Sam won't be okay without him. Not really.

(That goes for on the show and in your story). You did a perfect job capturing the flavor of the season so far.

89 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »