Reviews for Leaving Jack
petit wolf chapter 1 . 2/8/2014
I should have left a review long ago when I first read this story. This was an enjoyable read. The premise and the writing itself is nothing elaborate, and I think that lends itself more to the story given the fact that you're writing from Riddick's perspective - you've got his character voice down pat. I can hear the low rumble of his voice in your words.

I also like the way you portray Riddick's relationship with Jack, the way he's protective but how that instinct straddles the line of something more animal and adult. A premonition of the future, perhaps.

You're an excellent writer. It's been a long time since you've written anything here on but I hope that you're still writing something somewhere.
mudpuddledemon chapter 1 . 8/15/2012
Really enjoyed that, good work. Very in character with the language. Well done.
DaughterOfStarlight chapter 1 . 4/17/2011
Pretty much freaking amazing by all accounts. Seriously, props to you.
remuslives chapter 1 . 7/11/2010
"a very civilized divorce" lol, i like that.

damn. that was good. you had a lot of great lines in there that made me chuckle and yet you kept them in character. really well done!
BeatFreak chapter 1 . 10/14/2008
Aw no more? That was awesome :D :D Loved your writing style, very gripping!
faepunk chapter 1 . 7/13/2008
Hey. I really like this story; it seems like what really would have happened, unlike so many of the fics I read about Jack and Riddick. Good writing.
Saismaat chapter 1 . 5/25/2008
Nicely done. Nice job staying in Riddick’s perspective. Nice bit with the “civilized divorce.” Might watch the possessives – plurals don’t usually take an apostrophe, possessives do, except for its, which for some mysterious reason, “its” is possessive without an apostrophe. Sociopathic logic – nice. “I wonder if poison is sufficiently Shakespearian for Jack's taste. It's a shame I'll never know.” Nice. Nice last line. Very tragic, given what we know. . .
reisaikage chapter 1 . 4/30/2008
That was excellent, crisp, and clean. I love the characterization, really excited to see more 'Pitch Black, COR, Riddick' fiction from you. Your Riddick, Jack, and Immam were spot on.
TheCapillary chapter 1 . 3/2/2008
I'm not too fond of your writing style, but I did like how you brought out Jack and Riddick. I also enjoyed how you tied in Shakespeare into the whole thing. Very clever!
Devi Lethe chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
I enjoyed this one. Very in-character. Well-done. I also enjoy the mixture of detail and vague direction. It suits the story well.
koolkame chapter 1 . 1/22/2008
It does sound like it's Riddick (I guess that means you think like a sociopath, right?) The dialogue I particularly liked because it was done secondhand through Riddick, further keeping this in his head and the character interaction didn't sufferfor it. Your really know how to end stories on great lines, y'know?
Mornwey chapter 1 . 1/12/2008
Does exactly what it says on the tin! *glee*

I really, really love this fic. You've got them down perfectly, especially Riddick and Jack. Good stuff.

Peace out

~TSD
LiasonFan2 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
you should really think about continuing the story it good. But it needed more or maybe I wanted more. lol I liked it .. Good job!
GM Andy chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Hey there!

Nice little well written one-shot.

You capture the characters quite well. And you show that unease that Imam displays in CoR perfectly.

The only thing I can see missing is that Dark Fury has Imam and Riddick build up a bit more of a friendship, at least to the point that Riddick calls him a friend. By the flavor of this piece it seems more of a one sided thing, on Riddick's part instead of the Imam's. Not that this is bad, mind you, just different.

I really like the Point of View here, coming from Riddick's eyes. Good job.