Reviews for Breadcrumbs for the Soul
tin-a-holic chapter 9 . 7/21/2014
This story was exactly what I needed! A perfect pick me up a midst the graphic violent angst I had been reading (all great work just very disturbing in so many ways, and not enough, if any, light at the end of the tunnel). Your beautiful story was full of the kind of angst I can live with, in fact crave, one that promises or at least alludes to a brighter tomorrow. I'm sad this was your only tinman fic, it was wonderful. Thank you so much for sharing this great gem with us. Happy creating!
angeloneous chapter 9 . 9/8/2009
aw, that was a wonderful story! Thanks so much for sharing it!
Indygodusk chapter 9 . 12/14/2008
Thank you for a fun story. I liked seeing DG's interactions with Jeb, and wished you had given us more of their tour of the Kingdom. I didn't like the scene where Jeb told Cain he wasn't his father, because you didn't give us enough of Wyatt's thoughts and how he processed the information. The description you did give was good, and believable mostly as long as I filled in Wyatt's thoughts some myself, but it would have been a lot more powerful if you had done that. I enjoyed your descriptions and seeing DG evolve. Thank you and good job.
Alamo Girl chapter 9 . 3/7/2008
I finally found this story again, after a long time searching. I stumbled across it on my first forey into the Tin Man fandom, and pieces of this lovely tale stayed with me - makingme want to find it again.

I adore how you take what has become usual for this fandom - Cain automatically becoming her keeper after DG rediscovers her family and past - and turned it around. You add an air of reality having Cain wish to reagain his former post as Tin Man, and change things around interestingly with replacing him with Jeb at her side. You also wonderfully depict DG taking her place as heir the throne, without the childishness of her digging her heels in as has become the norm around here.

I love how you show the juxtaposition of "change" - DG accepting hers, and Cain trying to avoid it. You keep the characters spot-on the entire ride, which is refreashing. You also keep the tesnison taught between Cain and DG throughout the time they are apart, pulling it tighter as the meet again for the final time, then giving it a wonderful romantic conclusion. Bravo.

The part that stayed with me, and that I love the most about your story - is the heart medal. Its symbolism is profound, and I will always remember DG telling Cain that she'd given her heart away, and Cain, in turn, offering his back to her. So brilliant and subtle - my favorite combo in C/DG stories.

Brilliant job on all of this. I'm keeping this in my favorites so I won't lose this awesome story again. I look forward to more Tin Man from you! Incredible job!
Bee03 chapter 9 . 3/4/2008
OMG! That was SO good! I just read all 9 chapters in one sitting! I couldn't stop! It was so excellent! I loved all the twists and turns it took - Zero being Jeb's real father, Az and Ambrose getting engaged! - all things added together to make a truly wonderful story. Not to mention you waited until the end to put Cain and DG together, which is something I adore! This was great, I hope you write something else like this! : D

DarqueQueen7 chapter 9 . 2/25/2008
Love this story more everytime I re-read it.
HyperMint chapter 9 . 2/8/2008
brunette89 chapter 9 . 1/18/2008
This is my favorite fanfic of DG/Cain that I have ever read. I absolutely love it. Amen.
ErinM chapter 9 . 1/17/2008

That was the most I've caught my breath in who knows how long.

*fangirls you*
chibilee chapter 9 . 12/26/2007
Great story you have here. Really enjoyed reading it.
DaynaJD chapter 9 . 12/23/2007
All and all, a very good story, although it was a bit confusing in a few parts. I liked it, though. _
Transgenic-girl chapter 9 . 12/22/2007
Spirock chapter 9 . 12/21/2007

Perfect, they are finally together! We!
Chichuri chapter 9 . 12/21/2007
Oh, I've loved the progression of this story. And the ending is just lovely and touching and overall fits so well. Wonderful job.
Lady Taevyn chapter 9 . 12/21/2007
OH! Wow, this was...SO beautiful. The way you have her 'clean and perfect' at the beginning and him 'used' and dirty and muddy, then at the end, they've become a little bit of each other. Perfect.