Reviews for Fast Flight
CrazyAce'n'PokerFace chapter 1 . 8/16/2015
omg, that was flippin' HILARIOUS. loved this look at abhorsen family interactions, and of course watching poor mogget being wretchedly (if hilariously) treated.
Ailavyn Siniyash chapter 1 . 2/16/2013
Oh, oh, more! I LOVE your Mogget and... oh, alright, just about everything else. I shan't gush, because it's far to late in the night for gushing, but if I were in the mood, you would probably have a whole paragraph of praise.

Great story!

-Aila
Wodan chapter 1 . 10/8/2010
Hahaha oh wow ive gotta say i really do love your work but poor Mogget! :p. I really do prefer Mogget as a cat i must admit lol. That dwarf just never seems as funny :p. Thanks for the great stories!
Shiner Shining Bright chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Ah, it's absolutely priceless to picture the look on Mogget's face as he staggers out of that Paperwing. Rosael is definitely a great character.

-Ata O-, (Omigawsh, that looks like a key...kind of)
AdriaDara chapter 1 . 4/26/2009
Aw, but being cruel to Mogget is fun... Okay, most of the time. After all, he's not exactly the most pleasant to be around. Besides, it was fun seeing him act drunk after getting out of the Paperwing.

It reminded me of my little white cat. We brought her home right after she was spayed, and she was still drowsy from the anaesthetic, and it looked like she was drunk. It was adorable...
wheatear chapter 1 . 4/16/2009
:D Awesome and very funny!
Nimbus Llewellyn chapter 1 . 3/8/2009
Genius. Funny genius.
addictedtofantasy chapter 1 . 5/23/2008
Ha! Loved this though poor Mogget...
Lilox Honnach chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Really enjoyable! I have to agree, Mogget's unintelligible babble at the end is priceless.
juzblue chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
Haha! That was fun! Keep up the good work! :D
ab sab chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
It's amazing how much your writing has improved over the last couple years. You went from great to ... well ... better, if that's possible. Anyways, good job on another wonderful piece of Mogget torture! (Just give up and enjoy it, you know we all do!)
Valentine's Riddle chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Oh, don't worry about being mean to Mogget. It explains a lot, like why he's such a bitter, cynical, cranky old drama queen! But I still love him :P

Good story!

Riddle x
stupidpenname chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Okay. I'm going to try and review this like an actual review.

'Sanaryelle, author of "Five Great Charters" and "The Tumnus Chronicles" has finally produced her long awaited sequel to "First Flight". In "Fast Flight" readers will once again be reunited with the Abhorsen Rosael, as she races against time in a tale of honour, daring and family. This continues Sanaryelle's tradition of fine one shots inspired by the Old Kingdom series.

Praise for Fast Flight:

"...impressive, exciting and positively hilarious..."

-lordfolken

"...i always love [her] work, and this is no exception."

-viennacantabile

"Rosael is as intriguing and charming as ever..."

-Rainstorm Amaya Arianrhod

"I enjoy all of [her] one shots and this one is one of my favorites"

-Barkflow-of-Riverclan'

Yeah, yeah, I know. I just ripped off other peoples reviews for a large section, but it doesn't make what they say any less true. Awesome work. It was good to see Rosael again. I'm now at the stage if something bad doesn't happen to mogget I would be mildly dissapointed.
lordfolken chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
lol.

This is an impressive, exciting and positively hilarious short story! As well ... certainly an insightful view of the making (and testing... heh) of the Paperwing, and a creation of a great character - Rosael.

Poor Mogget ... his incoherent words are such a great touch at the end! Please do write more.
viennacantabile chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
mwarharhar. i am amused. :D

this was very, very well-written. rosael was adorable, and, as always, you write mogget perfectly in character. oh, mogget. loved the minnows.

a little off-topic-i actually went back and took a look at first flight to refresh my memory before reading this and was startled to find that your writing has grown by leaps and bounds-NOT that your writing was ever bad to begin with, it's always been very good. now it's just very, very, very good. hope i'm making sense. -_-;

one thing i've been meaning to ask you about: remember the binding in sabriel about speaking of the great charters? it seems to have disappeared by lirael, and i still don't fully understand it. any chance you could incorporate that into five great charters? :D or at least explain it to me, please? i only ask because i consider you the best source of garth nix knowledge around, aside from the man himself. :D

but anyway, i always love your work, and this is no exception. excellent job. :D