Reviews for Take Your Time
Luc16 chapter 11 . 1/12
Aww! I love this! From Far Away was my first manga and i've reread it numerous times! I love the braid chapter! It was so adorable to see Izark tease Noriko! I really want to see what happens with her family and I get the feeling there's more to why Ashre is there :) I can't wait for more! Please update soon! :D
Guest chapter 9 . 12/20/2013
I wish I knew how to rant like that, but whenever I try it doesn't have the same feel as in my head.
Guest chapter 8 . 12/20/2013
It's interesting! I'm really happy that it's so long!
moefish chapter 8 . 11/12/2013
This is really good but where are Agol and his daughter Geena?
ms.aeroplaneman chapter 8 . 4/6/2013
Amazing.

Sorry, I didn't review the others...I'll summary-review them now:
The only criticisms I'd give would be that the prologue was very confusing (to me at least)-it was a little hard figuring out what was going on. The setting and what was going on, to me, was very subtle? I think people who reread the prologue a few times, or read it carefully the first time would get it. (Not saying that subtle is bad though) And also, oh my god, the sudden onslaught of characters was a little hard for me to handle, haha. I had to repeat the names a few times and link it back to the manga to make sure I'd remember who they were. But I love how Noriko's family is in the picture now, whoop whoop-and in particular the different personalities that you've given them. All the characters are fairly distinctive (the ones you've created as well as the ones from the manga-it's also great how they don't seem ofc either). Once I remembered the names and the amount of characters in one scene dwindled, the story is a lot easier to follow.

Haha, I don't know if it was on purpose, but the re-introduction (when Izark was talking to Ashre in this chapter) was handy. It helped solidify the characters' name into my memory. And I also love how you described people's voices-it really brought out their personality, and again helped me understand the characters better too.

Ahh, seriously, what would I like to see? Probably some scenes taken from some of the minor characters POV? Or the characters we haven't seen much of yet? I don't mind if that doesn't happen though-there's a *lot* of characters in your fic. But it's great how they all seem to have their own personality and because of that I just want to see what they're thinking, etc. The down falls of having too many characters-there are too many POVs you could use, and there might not be enough pages. Oh well, much can happen in year. I didn't even realise day two wasn't over yet, haha.

Anyways, LOVE THIS. By the way, I don't read much fanfic because I'm overly picky-but I'm glad I decided to check your one out :)
Wish I could write as well as you :D (Have I told you that I love what you've written so far, yet? Either way, amazing, and I love it)

...holy crap I wrote a lot
littlebrownbird chapter 9 . 2/5/2013
I am waiting for the big meeting between Noriko and her mother...that should be entertaining.
littlebrownbird chapter 7 . 2/5/2013
Interesting, I like your OC character so far...and her dog.
Littlebrownbird chapter 5 . 2/5/2013
Love the story so far, can't wait to read more. :)
littlebrownbird chapter 3 . 2/4/2013
Okay, now I REALLY have to keep reading. Nice plot.
SarahZahde chapter 11 . 1/17/2013
Maaaan this is so great! I'm loving the political stuff that you're putting in as well, because that's a lot of what the manga is, balancing the politics and action and love story-which you're doing really well at. I honestly can't wait until the next chapter comes out, I really wanna know what happens. And that little thing with Noriko's father walking in on Izark braiding Noriko's hair was PERFECT. I felt like it was finally breaking the ice between Izark and Noriko's family. I'd love to see more of that, and have some of Noriko's earlier worries about what her family will think of their relationship be resolved.

The thing is, I still don't really understand how or why her family got there, whether they're going back, whether or not her father had to quit his job, etc. Did Noriko even know it was possible for them to be there? Shouldn't she be a little more dazed, after thinking she would never see them again? I dunno. And the first chapter seems like it's a completely different story with a completely different set of problems.

Anyway, despite some of the confusion, you've got a great writing style and a spot on idea of what the characters all act like. Can't wait to read more someday! -WynDancer
MangaGirl3719 chapter 11 . 1/1/2013
First: I looked for the picture mentioned above. Sadly, I did not find it. I did find some other stuff though, so it wasn't a complete waste.
Secondly: 'jumping out of one's skin.' Very approprate. *nod*. Poor Izark. But I guess that's what he get's for ignoring the "warning".
Thirdly: Your writing keeps getting better and better. Rock on! :)
MangaGirl3719 chapter 3 . 1/1/2013
*giggle fit*
That was super hillarious. Noriko coming after Wei with his grandfather's walking stick. THAT I would have paid money to see. :)
I compliment your use of vocabulary. I had to use my thesaurace (bad spelling, sorry) several times to figure it out what it meant.
MangaGirl3719 chapter 1 . 1/1/2013
What a great way to start the story! Setting it...*double checks* five years before you actually start the story! I would have never thought of that! Cleaver! :)
Noriko...is...pregnant? *jawdrop* oh...wow...
(MOMENT OF PEACE)
"YYYYYAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHOOOOO OOOOOOOO!"
Dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee-dee! :) :) :) :)
Keep writing!
Shadowhawk chapter 11 . 12/15/2012
Awesome and very beautifully written...sorry for not reviewing other chapters, but I just have to tell you how amazing thus story is...it worth every seconds wait for the next update...best regards and best wishes. *_*

May your Christmas be filled with peace, joy, love, and prosperities throughout the holiday and New Year.
Shuhei's Shining Princess chapter 11 . 12/5/2012
My family and I really love this story. Especially since you have kept it really close to what the author already had. It almost sounds as if the author wrote it! Please update soon!
49 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »