Reviews for Danny Phantom: Hunting in the Night
IceDragon19 chapter 10 . 9/13/2012
This was amazing! I loved Juukka and Haqueline, they were such strong characters! This was an amazing story, and I'm so glad I found it. I hope to see more writing from you in the future!

icedragon
ilovemyboys chapter 4 . 9/26/2011
I love it! _
animeMUSICaddict chapter 10 . 8/9/2009
amazing story! really great.

i believe this to be one of the best (or the best) danny phantom stories on this site. it was so good! that plow was well thought of and the way you had vlad manipulate everyone...it was just great.
dragon of spirits chapter 10 . 4/12/2008
Aw, I love the ending! It's VERY cute! Anyway, for the first story you've posted this was exceedingly well written. The plot was interesting and obviously thought through. And the fights scenes, wow, I wish I could right fight scenes like that! All in all, amazing first story. I look forward to reading more of your work!

dragon of spirits
MutantLover09 chapter 10 . 4/12/2008
Hm, that was an interesting epilogue. I didn't know that Juukka and Jacqueline had such a bond from one meeting. It must be because Juukka is so trusting.

And since you always answer my authors notes my top priority will be to answer yours.

Ahem, I'm going to be completely and utterly honest in this and give you the best critic possible. So here it goes.

I think your biggest weak point in the story was Juukka. Now, I am totally not one to talk when comes to OC's but I think he may have been a little too powerful. I personally don't think that, and I actually like him a lot.

But I think the reason more people didn't review is because of that fact.

However you are really good when it comes to keeping the characters IC. And I think if you wrote another story with no OC's you would have more feedback.

I would comment on your grammar but we both know mine sucks. But if I could take an educated guess I'd say yours is very good.

Your strong points center around your writing style in general. It's very descriptive and pulls you in. It's very easy to follow what's going on and leaves you wanting more.

Honestly I don't understand why you didn't get any more reviews. It was well written and had an interesting plot.

And that is my honest opinion.

JH, if you want to try another story that has no relation to this I've got an idea that you might want to try out. Just tell me if you want to hear the idea.
Nylah chapter 10 . 4/12/2008
OK, where to start... I loved reading this, you took great pains to get everything right, the whole battle was played out beautifully and I could easily visualize what you were trying to say. The whole story shows a tremendous effort, and it shows. If this is really the first story you've ever written, I can't wait for you to write more...

Your strong point is definitely describing action. And I liked how you displayed Vlad (I like Vlad, he's so evil it's fun to write him). Everybody was in character, I think.

The weak point, IMHO, would be the plot, which is probably caused by the fact that you had to shorten your story (which I can totally understand, by the way). I have a feeling Jacqueline would have had a larger part. It seems strange to end it with her somehow. The whole point of the story was the battle in itself now, while I think, however great you described it, it should have been only a part of the story. It weakens the plot (I know, I know, you shortened it, just looking at it as it is now).

I'm not sure I'm getting across what I mean here, it's just a feeling.

If I may make a suggestion, try a short story or even an one shot next time. It takes less time and thus less worries. And it's great feeling to finish something (as you must know now :)

Thank you for writing the story, I really enjoyed reading it,

Nylah
TPcrazy chapter 10 . 4/12/2008
Im glad you're out of the phsychward. And Im glad you made the best ending ever! SEQUAL!
Shining Zephyr chapter 10 . 4/12/2008
-hands JH a really big and shiny plaque with his name on it- Oh, JH. This was honestly a gem to behold.

This story is one of the greatest creations I have ever read on this site, and I'm always going to keep it in my faves. Really, what more could a reader ask for? It has angst, adventure, confusion, and everything in between. I'm so glad this was written- you've shown a side of Vlad so evil and despicable and disgusting... I'm in awe.

No, really. I'm being honest. I'm in awe of this piece of literature. I hope that you write again someday and post it here, JH. Because I will read it no matter what.

Kudos to you on an excellent story. Keep up the awesomely stunning work.

Shining Zephyr
MutantLover09 chapter 9 . 3/29/2008
Whoa, I was not expecting that. Truthfully it did feel a little rushed. Only because one minute Danny and Juukka were locked in an epic battle and then the next he disappears through a portal.

I understand that he wanted to leave quickly but I don't really know why he just suddenly created a portal to escape then. Why didn't he do that when Skulker and Vlad were chasing him?

Don't get me wrong, it was still good! When that lady came and smacked Juukka silly I had flashes of Spider-man when all the New Yorkers start throwing stuff at the Green Goblin. Awesome movie, if I do say so myself.

I did like the ending. Vlad and Danny having to work together so they both don't get hung out to dry. And I would imagine that the moment Danny gets home he's going to collaspe. Poor guy, you really beat him up in this story didn't ya?

As for the sequel, if you do write one I will definitely be present to read it. But if you can't find time I'll survive. And maybe when you find time and inspiration you can write a sequel. Personally I think sequels are never as good as the original. Example: Shrek 2, Fantastic four 2, Pirates of the Carribean 2, Ocean's Twelve, etc.

JH, I am really gonna miss this story. I am a little sad that evil didn't win... oh man my evil side's talkin' again! But that's my only complaint because I'm part nepharious I guess.

Oh and I don't think I've ever mentioned that you write Vlad really well! I think he is totally IC. Like I could totally imagine him saying most of that stuff. So kudos for that.

Great job, JH! Looking forward to the epilogue.
Shining Zephyr chapter 9 . 3/29/2008
It doesn't feel rushed at all, my dear friend.

The end is coming. Yes, it is a sad and depressing time when a story is nearly completed, and I am saddened that there is no sequel. But all is well that ends well. JH, you have done a marvelous job with this story, and I am very happy to say that this is one of the finest pieces of fanfiction on this site. The characterizations were right on key, and you made this seem like it could have happened in an actual episode.

I am looking forward to reading the final chapter, friend.

pearl84 chapter 8 . 3/25/2008
Wow! Amazing! I just adore your fight scenes! And I can’t believe Vlad managed to turn the tables again! Man, he is SO good! I mean, it’s bad for Danny, but one can’t help but to awe at Vlad’s cleverness!

That fight scene was incredible! The detail and the emotions! I felt so bad for Juukka and Danny! It’s always emotional to see two beings that care for one another end up in a fight! It reminded me when Wulf fought with Danny!

And Man, are they powerful! Danny’s powers are so cool, and so are Jukkaa’s! I had no idea how this was going to end! I was at the edge of my seat the entire time! When Danny used his ghost wail on Juukka, my jaw dropped! It was such an intense moment! Truly, truly awesome, my friend! I will never get tired of telling you how much I adore your fight scenes!

Now Vlad… heh. His acting was so cynical, and yet I found myself grinning at it! Must be my evil Vlad muse… but I just couldn’t help it! The man is so clever! After he was defeated by Juukka and Danny, I was certain he had given up… but he did not! He turned into Masters! Ha! I had not expected that, and I am still shocked by it! The man is a master at Chess, and he played his pieces perfectly here.

And that ending… whoa. I am SO glad I am betaing the next chapter or I would go crazy with anticipation! Poor Danny! And I loved Vlad’s concern at the end! Very realistic. The man has this weird love/hate emotion toward the teen that it’s a bit disturbing! Heh, let’s see how Danny gets out of this one! I will send you the next chapter very soon! Ttyl! And Kudos, JH24!
MutantLover09 chapter 8 . 3/17/2008
I think Danny'll be able to expose Vlad's lies, 'cause he's the good guy and something tells me you like good triumphing over evil. Now there's nothing wrong with that but sometimes I like evil to win. Hey, they deserve it once in a while.

But that's just my opinion, heh.

I liked this chapter! I have been dying to see if Juukka fell for it, again, and now I know. But I'm starting to get a headache from Juukka switching sides all the time. I can only imagine how he feels at the moment. -insert grimace here-

And I'm kinda concerned for Danny. I'm pretty sure Juukka could totally kill him if he wanted to and I think he wants to. -gulp- wouldn't that be funny if Vlad did save Danny from Juukka. I would die if that happened, ha!

This chapter was wonderfully written, like all your chapters are and I'm glad you found time to update! But you are seriously killing me with suspense. I just want to figure out what's gonna happen. Will good win or will evil? That is the question.

Great job, JH! I am looking forward to your next chapter. And if you wanted you could give me a little tiny hint as to what happens. You know if ya want. It's just a suggestion and I would totally give you a virtual cookie if you did. Can you resist the temptations of the cookie? lol
Shining Zephyr chapter 7 . 3/17/2008
Okay, I'm going to act like I didn't see the note and review the chapter, blossoming in its awesome Chapter 7 glory. XP

GOD, VLAD! STUPID PIECE OF FRUIT! *smacks him with katana found in closet* HATE YOUR GUTS, GO DIE... *fumes*

You can tell I loved this chapter. The plot is so great for this. I wanna hug Juukka. Is that allowed?

Shining Zephyr chapter 8 . 3/17/2008
NOES! *beats Vlad senseless with bat* YOU UGLY STUPID PIECE OF FILTH!

Heh. You deserve immense amounts of reviews for doing this story. THIS is the reason why in the name of Danny Phantom I adore and worship your work. Sure, it might be one story, but I waited. I waited and waited and suddenly... ZAP! UPDATE! I think I seriously muttered, "Dude, he updated. At long last!"

And I was certainly NOT disappointed! WHAT A CHAPTER. Vlad needs a kick in the place where it hurts from each and every one of us. This is such torture for Juukka... I would be taking my anger out on someone too. That someone, though, needs to be Vlad...

Still loving this fic with all my heart!

Nylah chapter 7 . 2/8/2008
Heh, I'm a little behind in my reading...

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Yes, I enjoyed it, and I hope you'll find the time somewhere in the future to finish it (me being totally selfish here :), 'cuz I want to know what Vlad is up to!

Good luck and goodbye,