Reviews for For the Girl Who Once Wore Black
Basched chapter 1 . 12/27/2007
That is sweet! :) I like your writing, (despite some mistake but hey we all make 'em!) and for Basch to be there, rubbing her back and telling her stories...it's a wonderful thing.
landis icelilly chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
I need a man like that! Geez, I have to pull teeth to get a back rub from mine! LOL Great story! Keep up!

* landis icelilly *
Carie Valentine chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
I like, I like a lot. Though there were some grammatical errors, I was able to overlook them because the story was good. I think you should write more Basch/Ashe fics since they are the best pair in Final Fantasy XII, in my opinion.

I didn't get the reference you were talking about. I mean I got the color reference but if it's a literature reference I missed it, since well, I am an English major but I'm a writing concentration not lit. I like books but not to read all the time. Yeah, anyway...

Anyway, if you wanted to/ I want you to make it into a multi-chapter fic or something since well... good Basch/Ashe fics are rare. Anyway, I'd like to read more of your work soon.

Respectfully,

Carie Valentine
Laguna's twin sister chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
wow. It was simple but poignant (in a good way). I must admit i found Basch's story telling amusing. hahaha. He's such an awkward onichan-ish dude. I'm sorry, I tried hard to think of the girl who once wore black...but reading your story ... i ended up thinking about Aoshi and Misao from Rurouni Kenshin...-Sweatdrop- ... sorry! But anyway, thanks for writing your fic. It was really nice.
Sita 900 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Hm.. I didn't catch the reference. This bothers me because I studied literature in college! So please PM me and tell me what the hell it is; I don't like not knowing (its like all my education was for nothing! lol)

Great oneshot... I liked it, and wish you'd continue. ;) Very sappy sweet. Oh, and I loved your explaination of how Ashe got the name Amailia (my favorite explanation out of all the stories I've read. Thats saying something!)

Just be careful with runons in your writing. Other than that, it was awesome!
Gweneal chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
It is a very lovely story, I say. I enjoyed it very much :) your writing is very fluid and easy to read. As for my guess... anything to do with "Faery Queen", Spenser's poem? :)
Zaz9-zaa0 chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Hmm... I suppose the title connects to the fact that Ashe had attended Rasler (and Raminas'?) funerals... or that her tragedies/griefs are so dark they could be portrayed, in essence, as black.

But hey, what matters is that you posses a grand gift in writing Ashe/Basch, even if the latter isn't much of a critical storytelling (unless it comes to poignant meaning ;)), and that he deserves to 'overstep bounds' every now and then. :)
Basch chapter 1 . 12/13/2007
Does the title refer to the fact that Ashe is a widow? She wore black to Rasler's funeral...

What a sweet moment between the two of them!