Reviews for One
Hiho chapter 1 . 3/4/2008
I just saw the comments you put on your profile now. I wouldn't just review again, but I'm at school so email is out (my school email address contains my full name).

I've also looked, and you are the only person writing this, so points for originality. BUT, as I said, the idea has come up before, mainly in relation to dæmons taking human forms.

Also, personally, I find a website that's about my beliefs as 'a laugh' quite offensive. If you'd said that about a Christian (or somesuchlike) website, they'd have been annoyed. As are we.
Xandra J chapter 1 . 2/18/2008
Five simple words for you: You have a sick mind. Seriously. That was DISGUSTING!
Bella chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
haha, this is very funny in some parts

To be honest I dont like the pair but its well written and it makes me forget that I dont like it P haha
RoxasIsReal13 chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Highly amused. Thanks.
Snickerdoodle225 chapter 1 . 1/16/2008
omg. i luv it.
Jack chapter 1 . 1/4/2008
Ahh, I love all of your work, and I must say, it's been so long since I've actually red something other than yaoi that I've liked! And, speaking of which, I /adore/ your slash pairings. You are simply amazing.

And, I read that thread they posted about you that reminded me of one of my favorite quotes;; "Keep talking shit. It only makes me more famous."

You're well ace, I tell you what. Keep it up.

Yours truly,

Jack.

x
The-Muse-In-Me chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
That's amazing xP I'm sure the same thing would have come to my mind if i heard Iorek say that.. -Nose bleed-

xPP Hehe
MilkHermit chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
I too am a member of The Daemon Forum, and I found your comment to be immature and unnecessary. Do you feel cool now? Has your e-penis grown exponentially because your ideas were calmly discussed on another website? Hiho is right, you seem to be subtly directing flames our way, which is absolutely not appreciated. You have excellent writing talent and it seems that you squander it on writing stories for the sole purpose of being titillating and forbidden.

Maybe if you actually read through the thread you linked to you would actually see what we all think instead of immediately getting defensive and snarky.
Hiho chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
'There’s a link to a Daemon Forum that I found particularly amusing… (Remember, though, that they are entitled to their own opinions and are free to share them on their websites. If you decide to drop a note, please be polite!)'

I'm a member of this forum, and... we're amusing?

And don't feel all special because you're linked in a topic. We've discussed the issue of human/dæmon sex before - the idea was suggested in several other threads, many of which made no mention of Pan/Lyra fanfiction. You may not even have been the author who inspired that thread - I don't know how many people there are writing this stuff on

Also note that a few people don't have a problem with it. I'm not as disgusted by the idea as some.

Mostly, though, I'm offended that you seem to be implying that we're very strange, and encouraging people to come and flame us.

Oh, and I did read your fanfiction, and... you should try writing something which isn't messed up. You're wasting yourself on this.
Apollo Justicesggigg chapter 1 . 12/26/2007
I love this fic! Seriously, you've got to do more LyraPan stuff, you're amazing :3
Penname wa Silver B chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
Excellent! though Lyra/Iorek is personally my favorite pairing, Lyra/Pan is fun too. I was disappointed to see the lack of people/daemon romances out there. Realistically, if people had daemons, you know it would happen all the time - after all, animal form or no, it's the perfect soulmate. No one else could ever compare, and you would never have the loneliness to drive you to seek someone out in the first place. Everyone's too squicky on the borderline bestiality/incest to admit it, though :P Life is full of taboos.
Miiko Ashida chapter 1 . 12/23/2007
I really enjoyed this! I saw the potential for Pan/Lyra as well, although I think the person/daemon bond is difficult to define but not equivalent to romantic love. I see it as more of a childish crush, which would probably fade as she gets older and he settles. But still, very cute, very touching, and quite well-written. :) (However, I'm not sure how I feel about daemons taking human form. It seems like there's an aspect to their love that is destroyed or invalidated once they have a "typical" physical avenue for expressing their affection. Being able to have such a deep love for someone who you can't physically be with is what I find really beautiful about the relationship. It seems so transcendental. But still, it's a unique and interesting idea.)

Also, I laughed SO hard at the last one. That line made me go "b'WUH?", too. XD (I'm a HUGE Iorek/Lyra shipper. *shame*) And Pan's jealousy was adorable. Hehe.

Thanks very much for this! It brightened up my morning. :)
maschan chapter 1 . 12/22/2007
I found it funny, but it could've been a T. Keep writing!
Unknown Fool chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
You know, you have the amazing ability to take the most un-appetizing, shiver-inducing pairings and make them work. Make them work wonderfully, and with soaring colors.

And you do a great job capturing the utter forbiden-ness of the pairing. I've seen some other people who try for the human/daemon tradegy, but none manage to make it seem quite so wrong yet so right as you do. Kudos :) (And great job with that last bit. I admit that I gawfed loudly at that XD)

And you know, I might have to take you up on that Pan/Lyra challenge . . . Reading this has given me a nice little plot bunny :3
SaikonoYume chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Personally, I love your Lyra/Pan fics. I didn't think the pairing would appeal much to me, but having read your fics and then gone back and read through the books, I find the undertones there. I also went to the daemon forum. Enjoyed laughing at them. I think, as people living in the world we live in, we instantaneously link a person having sexual relations with their daemon as bestiality: but that's the problem. When studying history, you learn you can't look at a civilization through the same lens as you look at your own. I think it's unfair for people to look at Lyra/Pan and go "Eww, that's disgusting!" I don't think I'd even call it simple narcissism.

Let's face it: We don't live in that world; it doesn't exist by our standards. Pullman never goes into whether or not people actually have sexual relations with their daemons, either. Regardless, there's no reason, I think, that people should find it disturbing. It's not bestiality by virtue of the fact that Pan is less an animal and more a physical embodiment of who, and what, Lyra is.

In short: Rock on. You win for writing Lyra/Pan, and I'll continue to read it and support you in it.
37 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 Next »