Reviews for This Cake Is Great
coool favd.
Jay68 chapter 1 . 4/14/2009
THERE REALLY WAS A CAKE? WO
Ameno chapter 1 . 10/27/2008
"When the testing is over, you will be...

...missed."
Eida chapter 1 . 9/20/2008
Wonderful story! GLaDOS was perfectly in-character, and the ending was fantastic. I do hope you decide to continue.
shikome kido mi chapter 1 . 6/1/2008
Hrm, this sounds like a situation calling for an intubation associate. Which, like the 'party associate' is likely some kind of machine. Well' I'd love to see more of this, but it's also fairly good as is, if sort of sad.

I should mention that watching the ending all the way through highly implies that GLaDOS escaped the 'main baddy dies' ending, since a whole bunch of her little eye orbs activate in a remote location and she sings a song.

In fact, it's entirely possible that the little helpful signs and everything were orchestrated entirely by her (or taken advantage of) as either another test or to get someone to destroy some of her original programming, like the morality core-which being an AI she is likely constrained from doing herself.
C-Rowles chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
Me again, now equipped with a shiny new membership. :D Just swinging by to fave this, is all- this was the first Portal fic I ever read, and I love it.
Wendycake chapter 1 . 2/26/2008
I wondered, halfway through, whether the entire fic would be simply a (well-written) account of the game with a (believable) backstory pinned on, but I was most certainly not dissapointed; you truly came into your own when you popped out of canon and wrote your own ending. Your own dialogue for GLaDOS was particularly perfect, it could have easily been in the original script (the repetition of 'thing' helped it read more like AI dialogue). This is certainly my favourite Portal fic to date. Well done!
Chison chapter 1 . 2/7/2008
...this little piece of fanfiction is absolutely amazing. Pat yourself on the back for this one. I highly encourage you to continue this series...I mean...we have to see what Chell will do now.
IceN chapter 1 . 1/17/2008
That was...wow. Amazing.

Please continue!
583124867 chapter 1 . 1/14/2008
I liked it. I think you should definitely continue this. There isn't a lot of portal fanfiction out there yet, but of that that is there, this certainly is one of the more/most interesting stories that have showed up. It'd be awesome if it continued.
Pyli Fylakas chapter 1 . 1/7/2008
Nice story, I thought it was very well written with nice background stories and good grammar. I think another chapter would be wonderful if you are up to it, no pressure of course.
C. Rowles chapter 1 . 1/3/2008
Hahahaha- what a brilliantly executed Portal fic! If any additions are forthcoming- even though it was probably intended to be a one-shot story- I anxiously anticipate their arrival.

I liked the reason you concocted for Chell's inability to speak- it was believable, considering she'd been in stasis for so long. For heaven's sake, even just after a few hours asleep my own voice comes out as a croak!

My favorite aspect of this fic was how you portrayed Chell and GLaDOS' relationship, especially GLaDOS' end of it: even though she finally admits to having taken a shine to her new prodigy of a test subject, she does so reluctantly, after extending considerable effort trying to snuff Chell twice before... and spending two days toying with and insulting her and generally being flippant about her existence. Such a 180-degree turn in behavior would seem odd in nearly any other character, except for the psychotic AI- such behavior is a central aspect of her personality. (and that's why she makes for such an endearing villain! :) Who doesn't love GLaDOS?) Her being completely unfazed by poor Chell's emotional meltdown was very funny, especially since your spot-on characterization of the AI allowed me to hear her chirpy, coaxing voice speaking the dialogue you gave to her.

In that same vein, GLaDOS' final line was absolutely adorable. Sincerity, it seems, is most powerful when expressed by those who truly feel it the least. (she may be cruel, immoral, and passive-agressive, but she does have a heart. ...Deep, deep down.)

On a separate note... if Chell's going to be living alone with GLaDOS from this point onward, I sincerely hope that chocolate-pecan cake, however moist, isn't the only thing the AI knows how to cook...
TheOnlyDarknessLeft chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Hello! This is moi, The Only Darkness Left! I have read your stroy and. wow. Very well done. It warms my heart to see more Portal fics posted here. Again, this is an absolutely great story. Ok, I'll get out of your hair. Have a good life, fellow writer. May your works continue to be, well, awesome! later.
gcjlk chapter 1 . 1/1/2008
Loved it, please write more.