Reviews for A Game of Chess
Calil Gadien96 chapter 9 . 2/23/2011
I think I've said this before: I love your writing. One question: Can you tweak your muse away from your new stories to a story about Imad, Saladin, and Balian? There just aren't enough of those, and watching the movie 3 times in one weekend also wasn't enough. I'm running out of KoH stories to read. And it's all your fault. (In a good way!)

Cal
anonymus chapter 9 . 8/17/2009
Oh man. Definately one of the best Kingdom stories I have ever read! Extremely realistic,and you captured the spirit of the characters so well! I could see the film actors reciting the dialouge!

keeping the narrarator's identity a secret till the end was a nice thought as well! Extremely well done!
Sonjadore chapter 9 . 6/3/2008
Here's a rhetorical question: Why is it so much fun to injure/torture characters played by Orlando Bloom? I've just noticed that it's a recurring theme in your stories. Repetitive? Maybe.

Do I care? ...no. It works with your stories.

Keep writing!
Cara chapter 7 . 5/28/2008
Well researched I don't suppose you've read angels and demons?
lateBloomer04 chapter 9 . 4/4/2008
Wow! That was a bit of an abrupt ending, but that's the way it goes. I was hoping to see one last scene with him and Sibylla.

But at least we know that Balian returns to Jerusalem to rescue her. *sigh* The Perfect Knight indeed.

I love that Almaric was the grandfather telling the story, comparing it to a game of chess. Ingenious.

I love the historical notes at the end!

It's been a great read, and I need to go to bed, LOL. I'll read your crossovers next.
lateBloomer04 chapter 8 . 4/4/2008
I always thought that part was mildly disturbing, where Sibylla killed her son out of love. I'm not sure if I agree with that or not...

But I can't wait to see where you go from here.
lateBloomer04 chapter 7 . 4/4/2008
Gah! Her son has leprosy. :( Oh well, it had to happen if you are returning to DC canon. Poor Sibylla - she needs Balian!

I'm glad Balian is getting healed, as long as he doesn't get addicted to "poppy". LOL. Good ol' Yusuf and Imad and Brother John, taking care of him like that and risking their lives.
lateBloomer04 chapter 6 . 4/3/2008
Yes! He lives. ;) That was a seriously intense chapter right there. Woah, gore much? Well, at least they saved Balian and Sibylla knows it - that is the important thing. I hope he can find a safe place to hide...
lateBloomer04 chapter 5 . 4/3/2008
Yay! Go Imad! :D Balian made a good choice when making friends with him. I hope he doesn't die in the next chapter because it would make me quite upset...
lateBloomer04 chapter 4 . 4/3/2008
Poor Balian! Thinking Sibylla had betrayed him, and that he wasn't good enough for her. I'm so glad that she went to visit him and set him straight.

This is getting SO GOOD!
lateBloomer04 chapter 3 . 4/3/2008
The Agony of Balian. Heh! Wow you write Balian torture SO WELL and I love you for it! *hugs*
lateBloomer04 chapter 1 . 4/3/2008
Looks like a good start! You seem to have a very good knowledge of the KoH characters.
lateBloomer04 chapter 2 . 4/3/2008
Aw! I love it! It's been awhile since I've read a really amazing KoH fic.

You portray Balian so well! *sigh*

Off to read more.
Smithy chapter 8 . 2/6/2008
Let's hope Balian can come back and prove to everyone just how deceitful and dispicable Guy really is. He'll pay through the nose, that's what'll happen.
Smithy chapter 7 . 1/27/2008
Yes, Heath Ledger's passing was indeed a shock, and yes, many people were surprised by it. I am sure Orlando Bloom was equally surprised, if not shocked. They became good friend on the set of 'Ned Kelly'.