Reviews for Introspection
Bronze chapter 1 . 1/28
Yeah Hermione does have a lot to think about. And anyone wh reads this story will also.
Mionefan chapter 1 . 2/15/2013
Good, but unsatisfyingly incomplete. It should have gone one more chapter, but I'll read "Where There's the Will" to see where this might go.
Runecutter chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
wonderful story.

Keeping everything quite on character, using rational thoughts to work out the problems and find a solution and atill managing to keep ALL books in your view you do a better job than JKR at sounding out motivation and personalities. It's fitting but not hurting, just because it's what was always there to see.

And this time it does - in addition to the other favorable points - really read and feel like a real persons thoughts and dialogues, must be one of the best things i've read til now from you!
xBloodSplatter chapter 1 . 5/28/2010
Good story, I wish she would have thought this rational in cannon.
WhiteElfElder chapter 1 . 9/21/2009
Interesting concept. I personally never saw how JK could pair those that he did. Hermione with Ron, Ginny with Harry, and Tonks with Remus. As you have pointed out, Ron and Hermione are so diametrically opposite they would clash all the time. Ginny is too much in love with the idea of the man to love the man that is Harry; not to mention she is too busy flitting about from male to male trying to increase her position in life. Tonks and Remus, that is a bad idea because they are both shunned in society and their child would be so far outcast that he would never survive without turning to evil ways.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 6/8/2009
Nice look at Hermione!
q.thews chapter 1 . 9/14/2008
Maybe it is my poor translation skills (as english is not my first language) but "She knew with some certainty the minimum level in society she wanted to occupy and Ron, as he is, would not fit there." seems very snobbish to me. The rest is better, but that sentence was quite a reading stopper. I continued only as i loved quite everything else wrote by you.

And those are quite the reason me and my 79 years old mother think that Harry would be a better match for Hermione too :-)

We only add some considerations about the (presumable) higher intellectual level of Harry and they (a little more in common) background.

Ciao!
Kalen Darkmoon chapter 1 . 5/18/2008
I think Hermione was a little overly critical of herself and less critical than necessary of Ron in her thoughts about their interactions. I say this for one key reason. Despite all of their disagreements Hermione NEVER intentionally said or did anything to cause harm or hurt to Ron or Harry. However, Ron was utterly vicious and ruthless in his verbal assaults against Hermione and FULLY intended to hurt her every time! He was often smug, self-righteous and proud when he sent her off in tears. He was a monster towards her and deserves none of her respect much less even a remote consideration of any romantic possibility because of that.

One must always remember the true definition of love - the happiness and well-being of the one you love is not only of at least equal if not more importance than your own but is in itself an important part of your own happiness and well-being. Anything less is not love but rather a relationship of convenience, desperation or simple lust.

That is why I'll never understand JKR's asinine pairing of Ron and Hermione together. Harry and Hermione were a thousand times better match than Hermione and Ron. All I can see canon Hermione at the end of DH is as little more than a broken young woman. One whose self-esteem had been so thoroughly destroyed by Ron and others over the years that she desperately latched onto Ron despite his continued total disregard for her and her feelings. All because she somehow thought she couldn't do better or perhaps didn't deserve better. To the very end of the main story he continued to selfishly always put himself first and disregarded Hermione and her feelings. Tragic really.
Mosaic Muse chapter 1 . 4/4/2008
Wow! What a great story! This is the first story I have read where Hermione actually admits her faults, even if it was to herself. The other stories always have the others, Harry in a lot of cases, apologizing to Hermione, even though it should have been the other way around.

Don't get me wrong - I do like the character of Hermione. I just never understood in 1st year how she was able to be snotty to Harry and Ron: Threatening to tell the teachers on them, being nosy, etc. When Ron finally blew his top, Hermione ran to the restroom to cry. Instantly Ron became the bully when in actuality it had been Hermione, for the past two months. I would really like to know if all of those people who were on Hermione's side would have done so if this had happened to them in real life. I know me and my friends would have been talking about the annoying student trying to get in our business, not to mention sucking up to the teachers.

Okay, going off on a tangent here. I must admit I never understood why everyone was so surprised that Hermione was actually older than the others and not younger. Come on, when she was first introduced, she was talking about how much reading she had done. We know by Harry receiving his Hogwarts letter that it comes just before your 11th birthday. There is no way that Hermione could have read and memorized all of that in such a short period of time. Not to mention her need to dominate the others. I am the youngest in my family (and have a lot of friends who are also the youngest sibling) and domination is the trait of the older siblings, not the younger siblings.

Oh well! Sorry about that long rant. I feel better now. Again, I do like Hermione, even if it doesn't seem so by what I have written. It is okay to have flaws, since we all do, I just wish she was better at admitting them.

Back to your story. Again, great job. I can't wait to read more of your work!
jabarber69 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
As usual another well thought out and put together story! Also it was well written too and I also like the self examination Hermione gives herself. You know its funny I too know a drop dead gorgeous, sexy brunette bossy-know-it-all that thinks everything coming out of my mouth is stupid cause get this, "I'm a Man!" quote, unquote! Women... Its funny though, I know she drop dead gorgeous, sexy as all get out but she does not turn me on at all, its wierd I have seen her naked numerous times, she walks around naked in front of me all the time, even bends over showing off her body in a teasing sort of way, she a good friend but for some reason she doesnt do it for me, I can only guess is that its her attitude, I dont like the bossy know it all attitude she has, thankfully she doesnt show it all the time otherwise I probably would of stopped being friends with her years ago.

Sorry for the self story explaination, I started to delete it but after rereading it it just seems to fit this story ideal! so I left it!
rune1806 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
it was so well done adding some depth to herimone which jk never did for any, other than harry. i hope to read more of this story soon.
Reviewer of the West chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Great promise, but will you continue?

Please do.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Nice work.
Jimm chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Nice piece. Thanks for sharing it with us.
80286 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Very nice. I haven't read Where There's a Will yet, (because I haven't read Deathly Hallows yet) but this stands alone well.