Reviews for Rebirth
COBRASTEVE chapter 1 . 6/1
I must say, I just found this story and really enjoyed CH 1 quite a bit! Asuka might be slightly too evil but that's a judgement call. This has a good start for me and 25 CH to go! Later.
Not Nico Robin, have you prechance ever watched One Piece? Against normal people she is effective, but she doesn't strike fear into opponents like Luffy, Zoro, or Sanji does. Or did you forget that small fact? It would help if you actually looked into these things...
jjdoom chapter 21 . 6/24/2014
the whole chapter I really really wanted one of the main characters to die. You should have let hariki stay dead or toji, because its getting really camp. Also bagging on those two tech for being honest about a bitch like asuka was before her character development makes little sense to me, I mean she attacked shinji at some point and not doubt committed way worse verbal abuse on the people around her and then they become the villains? do not understand your reasoning unless it was a girl power thing..? meh do like the story though just nitpicking because the storys adequate enough
ryu238 chapter 20 . 5/13/2014
You really know how to make a fight scene.
Josh Grinsteinne chapter 26 . 4/19/2014
Well well well...It seems you got me hooked on this story. As a fanfiction reader and writer, and a browser of some different anime and games series... I want to see it continue. You say you need reviews to inspire you to update well consider this mine. I like the story so far I am more of a Shinji and Rei fan, but I guess anbody with Shinji is better than *shudder* Asuka. I am glad you hate her too, I can't stand that bitch especially in the anime and any of the other mangas I read except for Angelic Days. The fights are interesting and I know the creator of fallen is Naoko Akagi, you left many details towards that end. Will there be anymore actual angels? or just fallen? I hope to see some more chapters as soon as you can as I know how much of a bitch life can be. As for the V.B.I.A. saga goes...I will be blunt at first I thought it was stupid, but it has grown on me as well, damn you and your skills. Anyway keep up the good work, and throw me some suprises if possible. My pename is Omnisage I am just too lazy to sign in right now :) Anyway that said I am going to go grab some lunch so later dude!
Noir117 chapter 13 . 3/29/2014
im going to guess that's the magi is behind this specificly casper
Lordban chapter 26 . 3/7/2014
Well, I guess we're on the next hiatus

This is an excellent story. Characterizations are consistent, portrayals are very nice, and you are doing an excellent job with the various descriptions, including those of the various Fallen and the battles they are involved in. There's an excellent continuity within the tale itself. There are, of course, minor imperfections (word switches and typos, a couple of strange turns to a sentence), but you haven't had the benefit of professional reviewing of your work for publishing. In a work that's the size of two full novels already, it's only normal there would be such "cosmetic flaws".

My one gripe about it was, in what must be a familiar manner, what you had done with Asuka's character. Frankly, I hated the girl as well when I first saw her appear, but she made it off my bad list when I realized that it wasn't about having horrible things to you or around you - it was about there existing no good on any kind of scale making it measurable with the bad. Nobody can build any kind of sane personality that way; you either develop mechanisms that allow you well enough to function, like Shinji's utter submissiveness or Asuka's projection of herself as the "Great Soryu Langley Asuka", or you kill yourself, or you can't even do that and stop functioning altogether (it's what happens to Shinji by the original End of Evangelion, and it takes another major trauma to get him to at least do something).

But you have come a long way from there, and I'm curious as to what you have in store for her. Will she get a chance at actually building something for a change... or is there a gruesome fate awaiting her?

I'm wondering when the next angel is going to actually show up. It's already well behind schedule And where my interest lies is, specifically, what happens if an Angel shows up right before, right after, or even at the same time a Fallen does. These would be situations that would tax the characters to the utmost of their abilities - the good and bad guys together.

... speaking of which, the one reason I find Gendo an actually interesting character to portray: yes, he's a cold-hearted bastard who sees no problem in manipulating ruthlessly both the world and individuals in any manner that profits him... and there's nothing anybody can do about it until the curtain is about to fall, because his manipulations are also the reason everything holds together long enough. Gendo is the "Evil you know", far better than the one you don't not only because you know who he is, but because he's indispensable to you even when you are already the next sacrificed pawn in the game, and you either see nothing coming, or you see it coming - and can do nothing else but accept it. The man is that good...

I'm certainly looking forward to this tale being resumed. Until then, have my best regards.
DEBob19 chapter 15 . 12/17/2013
It's a little... cliche? Boring? To have to the completely insane mad-scientist enemy. Especially in a series where there is simply NO way they could have hidden themselves. Ah well, guess I'll see where it goes.
DEBob19 chapter 14 . 12/17/2013
For some reason you have two copies of the chapter uploaded right here o-O. Go to the middle of the text and you'll see it restarts.
charlywally chapter 26 . 12/8/2013
I cannot express how right this feels. Everything from chapter 1 to the present just feels right. It all falls into place so effortlessly. I absolutely love Misato x Shinji pairing, and while reading this work of yours, it makes me wish that this was used for the anime rather than the original story. I loved it. Loved it loved it. Looking forward to the next update. Hope it comes really soon.
jboy44 chapter 25 . 9/13/2013
i love this story so far please continue it soon
RealRemainder chapter 26 . 8/23/2013
Aaaaaand, I'm caught up.

I said it before I'll say it again: Believable. Plausible. The two things EVERY Shinji x Misato fan fic out there lacks. Completely into the story and I can over look all misfits that this pairing usually suffers. I can say without a doubt this is one of the only Shinji Misato fan fics that does not suffer from over the top craming toghether, or ignores every step it would take for the two of them to admit they like each other.

It is no wonder it took you 23 chapters for them to finally admit. Every single bullet had to be dodged and every loophole explored and sealed. You did that masterfully and still overing other stuff in the story as well. All of it happened with introducing the fallen. And your wake up call to Asuka and to Ritsuko. Real strong and good character development.

One of the reasons it took me so long to finish is I read chapters 23 and 24 SEVERAL TIMES. The development that lead to that point was THAT good. Real nice flow of the story, from Misato's aceptance of her feeling's and shinji's to Shinji actually overcoming his fears(witch is also hard to write considering he is a whyny bitch, but you played him out perfectly, showing every step he took to getting there).

I don't even have anything bad to say... any flaws were overlooked because of how awesome this is!

...Well, I supose yourr bashing on Asuka comes out a little strong some times... But that is it.

Really well done and I can't wait for the next chapter.
RealRemainder chapter 14 . 8/7/2013
I usually don't review a fic again until I catch up (have read the last chapter) but I gotta point this: This chapter has been repeated... When you are done reading, it starts over... yeah, same chapter.

While i'm at it: well, you handled the hating on Asuka better than thought you would. I HATE bashing, no matter the character. I mean it. Treat her as she deserve considering how she is and that is fine line before you are actually bashing her. And you treaded that line beautifully.

Can't wait to see how this turns out and ho you continue Asuka's redemption. I'll keep reading now.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 14 . 8/5/2013
Hum you posted the chapter 2 time one after the other.
OoOXylionOoO chapter 12 . 8/5/2013