Reviews for Silent Night
tanpopo no hana chapter 1 . 1/24/2008
Short but captures Sam's pain perfectly. Good job!
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Something tells me this is exactly how it was for Sam. /sniffle
PrInCeSsFBi chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
hmm interesting

it should be long and a little bit more detailed but it is still good
laughandlove chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Way to depress me. Seriously. *lol* No...just playing with you here...not lying, 'cause I swear I'm now sitting here sniffing as I type...but this story, though short, was much more than just that. :D In so few words, you really captured Sam's emotion, what he was feeling that night. This is pretty much what I imagined as I watched this scene, and the last part...not a stretch to think that it's what happened at the end of our boys' little Christmas. *sobs*

Great job with this story! *wipes final tear from eye* ;)

-laughandlove
Phx chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Very powerful scene but I am not sure I get what Sam's mistake was 16 years earlier... If you mean when Sam was nine, well he did give Dean a present that Dean LOVED and you could see the way it light up Dean's face. That was probably Dean's best Christmas ever, barring the ones he had when Mary was alive. The only person really disappointed that day was Sam. He got nothing except everything he knew about his family and the world shredded by the truth of their lives. But like I said - wow. Powerful.
Tater-K chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
damn this has me tearing up. loved it! This is the way I had thought of The ending.
Thru Terry's Eyes chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Short, sweet and to the point. Not bad...
sammygirl1963 chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
You know, that is kind of what I thought Sammy might do after he tried to give Dean a wonderful Christmas-but you could tell by looking at his eyes that it was killing him to do so! You know that it had to have led to a restless night for Sam!
lexian chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
My heart totally just died, as I read this. I was thinking that must have been how Sam was feeling the whole time I watched the episode. So sad.
Kalayzor chapter 1 . 12/14/2007
Unfortunately, I don't have the background to fully understand this...what's the story?

On the other hand, it is a well-written scene. I don't know what the limitations on the assignment were, so I think it could use some more emotion to help explain the first person's actions, but other than that - good job (I especially the imagery in the last sentence)!

~Kalayzor