Reviews for The Things We Do For Love
Xiaou Nem chapter 12 . 2/16
Awww... Poor Rei.
Though your stories feel very well researched and factually correct, I didn't like the conclusion of this one at all. Contrary to widespread belief, schizophrenia has nothing to do with dissociative identity disorder ("multiple personality disorder"). Multiple personality disorder was a fake disorder in many ways, that appeared because therapists thought it should be and saw it where it wasn't. Schizophrenia is pretty common, affecting around 1% of the world population and most people with schizophrenia are neither violent, nor dangerous. Perpetuating this myth is not good for our society, the people suffering from schizophrenia and their friends and families. With adequate treatment, one can live a happy life.
Since Ami is the source of truth and science in so many ways, it feels even more wrong to me. Otherwise, thank you for writing a story that brings up racial prejudice in a good and relatable way.
imjce chapter 12 . 2/26/2010
FINISHED! I could tell from your story here that your quite the baseball fan. If not, then you somebody definitely did their homework. At the end of the chapter, when Rei was asking if she had found true love, and the flame said she did; heart wrenching. But you know what, sometimes people in love doesn't necessarily mean they'll be together. Two people can be deeply in love with one another, and not have it turn out the way they want it to; it's just life. This is the first story of yours I've read, and I am looking forward to reading your other stories. Captivating from start till finish. Awesomeness.
imjce chapter 4 . 2/25/2010
You're quite the literary devil! I was suppose to be studying for my midterm when I thought I would take a little breather, read a chapter, then go back to studying. That didn't happen! After reading the 1st chapter, I was hooked, bad! I wanted to know the motive for the murder, the entire plot was madly addictive! I ended up reading till CH 4, got sleepy, and slept! Good thing my mid wasn't too brutal. Rei's character development at this point is intriguing. I'm glad Rei doesn't have any prejudice against dating someone who's not Japanese. Rei wants herself some chocolate pudding! This Derek Johnson character, though I'm sure you wrote him to be the good guy, is creeping me out. Kinda of a weird stalkery vibe. Haruka's development is pretty interesting too. Unfortunately though, some parents are just that bigoted, they need a good old fashion a*s whooping! I really like reading mystery, suspense; and I'm glad you had all the characters keep their senshi power. I'm done blahing now, off to finish the story now, w-w-w-w-w-w-w-e-e-e-e-e-e-e-e...
dainlord chapter 12 . 10/2/2009
You wrote:

"Little kami of the flame," she whispered. "Am I ever going to find true love?"

"You already have," the little flame whispered to her.

Now my question: do you mean with the true love rei and derek? Or sombody else? Im really curious!

Great story(s)!
Nocturngirl chapter 11 . 7/3/2009
I knew it!
Nocturngirl chapter 4 . 7/3/2009
Very interesting story so far. Complex with three dimentional characters. I even have ideas as do who the killer is and why. Everything about their future lives is very believable. And I like your transitions and how you are giving each person or couple near equal screen time. You kind of leave us hanging a bit each time. Each time you go back to someone I am interested in how thier own story arc is progessing within the greater story. So, yeah.
Nonori chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
Go Padres! Gotta show the hometown love.

Anyway, that was an ominous end to an awesome story. Didn't realize the fire actually 'spoke' to Rei, thought it was more along the lines of giving her visions. Superb job handling multiple story lines and weaving them all together at the end. Stories like yours make me realize just how much I love Rei. She's such a tsundere; I laughed at her reaction to Usagi's comforting.

Will there be more parts to this series? I've only read a few, but have loved it all.
PriestessHelene chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
Very sweet but scary story who knows that could've been Beryl trying to invade the poor soul.
petiyaka chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
this fic was fantastic! Thanks to bill k. for writing such amazing stories!
deep serenity chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
While I knew who was killing everyone weeks ago, I found I loved this story for showcaseing Rei's love interest It was very nice to see the softer side of her, that is the part I really enjoyed with this story, and the two sisters finding there way back to each other.
Aishuu chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
As usual, a highly engaging tale that keeps multiple plotlines up in the air, and resolves them satisfactorily. I very much enjoyed this work - and the entire SM universe you've created.
xeaphon chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
Another great story at its end. I wonder when the flame told Rei that she already found true love it was talking about Usagi. And off the topic, aint Ami's hair blue?
sf chapter 12 . 3/1/2008
I would have more things to say but those last couple of lines has left me stunned. So she knows! I'm happy and sad at the same time... happy in the sense that its opened up possibilities for future stories relating to this matter but sad that she's not thinking about a different blonde senshi ' Oh well, it should have been expected, considering the Rei in your Crystal Tokyo fics...

All in all, great story! I couldn't help but listen to 10cc's song whenever you updated ) Cheers!
RenaH.M chapter 11 . 2/23/2008
Oh! Now we know who the killer is. I can not wait to see what happens.
PriestessHelene chapter 11 . 2/23/2008
Ami fight the move Makoto aught you!
53 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »