Reviews for Of Apples and Squirrels
ArodieltheElfofRohan chapter 1 . 1/19/2008
[It did not matter—five-year-old Estel loved apples, their juicy taste, and the crunchiness when he bit into them. In winter he would often steal away to the pantry and enjoy an apple or two. And during the summer he even gathered apples and kept them in his room so he would always have a snack.] *smiles* This is great! I've never thought about what kinds of food little Estel liked to eat. :)

[Elladan snorted. “He tried to bake a pie using dirt, and then told us to eat it.”] *chuckles* Cute! ;)

[“Good. Isildur sounds like a nice person.” The boy bounced in his seat. “Maybe one day I can be like him and do great things.”

A strangled sound came from the hallway. Elrond coughed discreetly.] xD If only he knew... :P

[“Can I throw stones at them?”

This time, Elladan’s laughter could clearly be heard. Since when did this innocent child become such a bloodthirsty little warrior?] That sounds just like a little boy I know. lol

[“But you said it was mine,” he insisted. “My tree, my apples!”] :D He's so adorable!

[Unbeknownst to him, he looked rather like a squirrel, curled up in the corner, grasping an apple between his hands and chewing with obvious satisfaction.] *laughs* Kind of ironic... ;)

Great story, mellon nin! Can't wait for more from you! :)

Arodiel
Lillz chapter 1 . 1/18/2008
wonderful! i really enjoyed reading this fic

'no one told the squirrels' 'i want to be like Isildur' 'who said he didn't like apples as much as his brother' there were so many lines that made me chuckle, and i especially liked the idea of the twins 'reminding' him of that incident when he gets older!

great fic. thanks! :)
Magic Crafter chapter 1 . 12/30/2007
This was an adorable story. Slowly but surely, I'm conquering my fear of Elrond. (Ah, thank you, Hugo Weaving.) Aragorn is my favorite character, and your characterization of him when he was still a little, naive boy was very touching. I loved it!

P.S. I'm sorry about the apples.
Roses of Sharon chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I reviewed!

Oh, by the way, have you ever read the Complete Guide to Middle-Earth? I saw it at my school library and was like, O.O. Exactly like that. My eyes were that proportionally big to my nose.

But great job, by the way, though I... skipped a few paragraphs down near the bottom (as stated in my email, I really need to study and update).

Anyways, great job, and... Er, why the heck did your grandmother tell your brother to shoot at (and miss) squirrels? I thought she was nice?! She's endorsing the hurting of squirrels!
Midnight Promise chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
Hey!

Lol, loved it! Enjoyed the humor and the little bit of fluff.

Haha, a story needs to be written now about the black squirrels and the twins! ;D

Can't wait to read the upcoming chapter of the next story! Hope everything is going great. :D

Happy Holidays,

Midnight Promise
Elfinabottle chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Very cute story. I loved Estel commenting that Isildur seemed like a nice man! This story brought a smile to my face. Thanks.
StarLight9 chapter 1 . 12/15/2007
Aww, Cal, this story was so sweet and I laughed the entire time! And young Estel learned a few lessons :-)

I know the scene in FOTR you talk about! It's when Aragorn throws apples at the hobbits! Right?

I loved this, and I hope it managed to pull you out of your writer's block. I'm waiting for a few updates from you :)

Star