Reviews for Empathy
Moonprincess92 chapter 1 . 7/18/2008
I thought it was absolutely brilliant. It was great how you showed Jasper and Bella's relationship, and i think it is the most realistic version of Vampire!Bella i've ever read. I think it's great, shot. D
Maraudergal94 chapter 1 . 7/6/2008
this is a very good story. you did an awesom job of getting jasper's pov across.
Lesliemac531 chapter 1 . 6/8/2008
Wow! This was great! I really enjoyed reading it!
Tears of Mercury chapter 1 . 5/31/2008
Absolutely wonderful. Jasper is, to me, one of the most intriguing of the vamps, and I agree that it's going to be hell for him once Bella's turned. While I don't doubt that there were many extenuating reasons for him to vote 'yes' for her to be turned, I also can't help but think that the deeply vulnerable, self-loathing part of him that you wrote so well here must have been terrified out of his mind by the idea.

I love Bella's familial interactions with any of the "supporting" characters, although Alice and Emmett often have an edge. But here you really brought out the platonic Jasper/Bella friendshipper in me. There's a very interesting dynamic, and I love that although he could read her feelings - for the better part of the story, they tended to roll over him like an avalanche - he still had to strain to understand what she meant at certain points. There's such a basis of affection in all of his motives to keep her talking, calm her down, or make her expound on certain things during their conversations. Bella obviously loves all the Cullens fiercely, but it was lovely to see her really coming to the realization that Jasper was essentially letting his own demons come out to play just so that he could help her a little - a sacrifice that to me epitomizes family.

The Jasper/Emmett dynamic was also hilarious and a pleasure to read. The betting, the banter... just greatness. I also loved Jasper's commentary on Emmett's pleasure while he and Edward were restraining Bella.

And of course, the small but perfect Edward/Bella bits were wonderful. You've really characterized everything about their relationship with a few small instances and sentences, and all from the point of view of someone who isn't even mostly impartial. I loved that Edward was able to trust both Jasper and Bella enough to not only leave them together, but to encourage that. They truly understand each other in a way that the other vamps probably can't.

Loved it. So going on my favorites list!

Rachael
Tari-Aldaron chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
Haha love the ending line.

Very well written, good work.
silly bj chapter 1 . 5/28/2008
I really love the quotes at the beginning of the three stories I have read thus you

It's not a very flattering portrayal of Bella, but it is an honest one. I'm getting tired of all of the fluff that is being written about 'Bella's change'.

I'm glad I found your stories, they have been authentic and thought provoking.

Thanks bj
Sakiru Yume chapter 1 . 5/27/2008
Wow, that was really good. I think that that was (is) my favorite of your stories so far. Of course, I haven't read all of them. :)
Livy chapter 1 . 4/19/2008
This was very good. There aren't many stories on Jasper that really capture what it's like to be Jasper.

I felt so bad for Bella while reading this. Jasper too. I noticed that while reading this there was so much tension throughout the whole time and it NEVER seemed to go away. I kept waiting for some relief but it never came. At first the tense and uneasy feeling I had throughout it all seemed like a bad thing. Then I realized, "Hey, that's probably how it would be if it was real. Everyone would always be on their toes...on edge, and relief would only come with the fairytale 'happily ever after'."

good job.

P.S. I hope this comment made sense. I had quite a job trying to get the right words out.
Random Moose on the Loose chapter 1 . 4/16/2008
Man! Way to go Jasper! That last line was priceless!

Loved this story. It was brillant!

The Real Blue Eyed Demon chapter 1 . 4/5/2008
Its well written, I must admit a little out of charicter and I personaly dont like the whole Bella is a raging monster, but I cannot deny it is exceptionally well written.
siruisblack18 chapter 1 . 4/2/2008
this was really good. I love fics about Jasper and bellas relationship and this one was especially good!
marbleFACE chapter 1 . 3/27/2008
That was absolutely fantastic! You portrayed that relationship very well! Great job!
jenny chapter 1 . 3/26/2008
Wow, that was great. I'm so excited for Bella to be changed but it's definitely not going to be a piece of cake. I thought it was very well written.
Inaniyor chapter 1 . 3/18/2008
This is probably the best Jasper story I've read. He was very in-character, and I loved the way you showed how he can sense emotions. I thought Bella as a vampire was also quite realistic. Beautiful. Good work!
Cullenista chapter 1 . 3/10/2008
Very absorbing. You write both Jasper and Bella very well. Your attention to detail in the description is excellent. You have enough setting to anchor a scene and provide a comfortable background where the action and emotions can take place. I would enjoy seeing this storyline continue; that is, Bella's first year.
60 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »