Reviews for Believing
FanLass chapter 1 . 11/16/2011
I really liked the idea of Methos and Rebecca discussing the what happened to Jesus and the fact Methos met him. It is always fun to get in to Methos' mind and see history with his eyes. Nice job.
The Breeze chapter 1 . 4/13/2009
Decent stuff. Always difficult to mix fanfiction and religion lest one lapse into one form of blasphemy or other, but you did it well.
skowler chapter 1 . 4/7/2008
I absolutely love this fic. Admittedly some of the professors at the bible college I graduated from wouldn't, but I think you dealt with the material very well.
spaceystacey chapter 1 . 2/10/2008
Thank you for your story. I enjoyed it. I read your profile, so I know that you'd want to know that there are a couple of wording errors and a half dozen small punctuation omissions in the story, and a couple of misspelled words in your profile. Thank you again for a good story.
enderverse chapter 1 . 2/4/2008
yeah your right methos seems like a kind of live and let live kind who could at least pretend to be blaise about meeting Jesus.
chally1970 chapter 1 . 1/25/2008
Interesting idea. Puts a different perspective on the Horsemen arc and maybe just why Methos did as he did.
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
Hi, I liked the story. I alway figured somebody had been there. I think you went a bit overboard on MacLeod's self-righteousness. He would not have to ask why the Son of God allowed Methos to live. The answer is obvious to seek forgiveness and to spread the message. Well done though.
tsukinokage chapter 1 . 12/20/2007
If you've seen highlander: the source, there was an immortal catholic priest, Giovanni, who was around back in ancient Rome. He annoyed all the other immortals with his hypocrisy while claiming to be holy. At one point, Methos goes up to him and says, "I knew Christ, I was there when he preached. And you are no Christian."

In short, canon definitely identifies that Methos met Jesus, and is a believer. Odd coincidence, eh? Though I always thought Duncan was a little more openminded than this, but Methos came out perfectly.
Kitty2228 chapter 1 . 12/19/2007
I really liked the way it felt like both characters missed the mark in different ways, but both thinking that there was a judgment/punishment required. Where Christ was basically saying ask for forgiveness, be sorry, and move on. I'm not heavily Christian, but I found your story made me think a little about the season. Well done.

P.S. Here's another Protestant who married a catholic, I guess we just can't resist you guys! lol
Rikki Rray chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
I liked that one, it was good the way that you had Methos have a go at Macleod for his self righteousness, even thought he's a killer himself.

And I'd know that you were a Catholic from the way you write the religious parts in, even if you didn't say so, you can always tell someone who was educated that way. And my parents are a mixed marriage like that. My mum's High Church of England,(whatever that is,) and dad's Catholic.

Cushty story though, but I'm sure someone, somewhere will get bent out of shape aout it. Bollocks to 'em.
Village-Mystic chapter 1 . 12/18/2007
Worked for me, but not the story I was expecting - thought it might be a Santa Claus story (whoops). Anyhow thanks for sharing, good interpretation of the hints in the series.
EmeraldWings90 chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
I really don't know what to write, but I wanted to review... cause it was good for me.
Bumpkin chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
Interesting.. very thought provoking... heh, very provoking in many ways actually - and nicely written and executed.

keep penning,

Marns

~pN
Hawklan chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
great work, as always from you. never read anything from you i didnt enjoy
FORD B chapter 1 . 12/16/2007
This was a very cool short, point of view like story. It spoke volumes with so little words.