Reviews for The Gambler
funtimes chapter 8 . 4/27
i read can comes as cheese
Pretty good story, quite amusing to read!
Thugs Bunny 009 chapter 2 . 3/12
Wow. What an atrociously clich├ęd pile of nonsense. My god. This is so nonsensically written I'm surprised it's not labelled as a parody, 'cause truth be told it should.

*"Iruka-sensei! Why do he get special training and not me, an Uchiha?" asked Sasuke with that oh so arrogant face. (I hate him! I want to tear that smirk right of his face!)*

How utterly unprofessional. Inserting your own voice to tell us you hate your own creation. Yep. I mean what I said. That wasn't Sasuke, more of a one-dimensional caricature of his arrogance. This adds more weight to my argument that this should be labelled a parody. You're satirizing characters just because you don't like them.

Sasuke may have thought something around the lines of, 'Wait. What? Naruto's getting private training? Since when did he get so good?' But he would never speak to a superior with that kind of impudence.

*It had been two months since Naruto started doing missions with Anko. He had shown that he was highly capable of doing missions that were alot harder than C-rank, so now he was heading into the Missions office after a completed A-rank. When he stepped in he saw the Hokage currently being scolded by a pissed off Sakura.*

Are? You? Shitting? Me? This is one of the most retarded paragraphs I have ever read, way too ludicrous to be amusing. Sakura would NEVER talk shit to the freaking Hokage, the leader of the village. No chance. Hiruzen may look like a decrepit, kind old man, but he is still the professor for a reason. He would castigate any of his soldiers severely for even daring to step out of line.

Additionally, Sakura has been trained to be loyal to the Hokage. She would sooner jump off a cliff then talk smack to him. Look at canon. Sakura had always addressed the Hokage - be it Hiruzen or Tsunade - with the utmost respect. Like I've said, If you're going to satirize the characters then please have the decency to mark this shit as a parody so you won't get bashed for the unnatural character interactions.

A one-dimensional doormat Hokage is not a fun Hokage to read about.

*"Ninpou: Kirigakure no Jutsu (Ninja Arts: Hidden Mist technique)." he said and a thick fog rolled in. (You all know how his battle went.)*

You want to know what kind of vibe I get when I see utterly lazy hand-waved explanations like this? Indifference. It's like you don't even want to write the story if you can't even be bothered to write a few paragraphs detailing Team Seven's and Naruto's journey to the Wave Country, probably throwing in a few metaphors to make it engaging.

Don't misinterpret me, I certainly don't mind you skipping certain segments of the wave arc since it's been done so many times by now I could practically visualize it in my head, but what I do have a problem with is you inserting your voice to directly tell us, your readers, this. Not only does it break immersion it's just plain unprofessional. A few paragraphs summarizing their trip to wave would work a hell of a lot better, man.

Also, where the fuck is Sai? You did mention he was assigned to Team seven even know he's supposed to be in root. I never understood why authors always utilize him as if he's just spare parts. I would prefer an OC based on a canon character from other series taking the place of Naruto in Team Seven if that's the route they're gonna go, but I digress.

"Alright class. I will now announce the teams. Team 1... (Team 1-6 are unimportant. Let's skip those.) Team 7, Uchiha Sasuke, Haruno Sakura and Sai. Team 8, Hyuuga Hinata, Inuzuka Kiba and Aburame Shino. (Team 9 is unimportant too.) Team 10, Nara Shikamaru, Akimichi Chouji and Yamanaka Ino. And lastly we have Uzumaki Naruto. You've been taken as an apprentice by Mitarashi Anko."

Disgustingly lazy. You established Sai was there among the squad of rookies, then proceeded to totally neglect him. You haven't even given him a one-note character like the "Pink-haired screaming banshee" or "Duck-butt Uchiha" (Real mature by the way, note the heavy sarcasm)

Terrible.

This story's juvenile. bashing characters you don't like so your Naruto will be "cool."

Awful
Andigatron chapter 17 . 3/7
Well i just finished it and i have To say: i liked the ending! I dont know, it fits somehow.
Keep up the good work!
XanSkullCrusher chapter 17 . 3/3
Amazing Story. You should write about the battle and the outcome and then continue on from there
Are you an idiot. The Naruto verse uses ryo as currency. Otherwise people use yen since Naruto is Japanese. From where did dollars come into this
The Truth of Words chapter 6 . 1/22
You know I never quite understood why any god or goddess would want a mortal man or woman as they could merely create there perfect mate by themselves.
deadpool lol chapter 17 . 1/17
This story is great do t say it's your others stories are like this you just gained a follower
eggers chapter 17 . 1/16
You are a fricking god
SmilyXD chapter 17 . 1/10
:3 that's was so good I loved it! To be honest for the last few chapters I wasn't sure if you'd just got bored and made a shoddy ending but then it was really good I'm glad :)
Primus2021 chapter 5 . 1/4
female vixen 9 tails, add to harem, add hinata 2 please
Primus2021 chapter 4 . 1/4
still hoping 4 naruankohina with luck on the side now
Primus2021 chapter 2 . 1/4
i'd say fox contract bc o the 9-tails.

or the Gater / Crock contract bc the Ragin Cajun was from the Luisianna Byue there a a lot of those things down there accordnig to a few cartoons of d x-men i've seen, so it would fit.
Primus2021 chapter 1 . 1/4
i'd like to see NaruHinaAnko

Gambit is my 2fav x-man, the first is Logan.
lightshow cat chapter 11 . 12/30/2014
I want a doll to be made to look like me.I'd strap it to my shoulder and implante a voice bix so I could talk to it
1,400 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »