Reviews for Music of the Spheres
xXfireXflyXx chapter 1 . 2/26/2012
Excellent. This was lovely from start to finish. It was tasteful and appropriate for a Palpatine/OC story. Just wonderful!
Ajac chapter 1 . 4/19/2010
The image of Palpatine playing a person like an instrument, even to the point of sex, is a deeply fascinating and disturbing one. I doubt I'll ever look at the Emperor the same again.
DarthSkyGirl chapter 1 . 3/5/2009
Wow. This is different. Not my usual gig, but I really like it :). You're a fabulous writer.
its LL again P chapter 1 . 8/30/2008
I just had to come in and enjoy this story one more time.

*sigh*

Sereine: "Who did you have in here *singing* last night?"

Palpy: "I was playing a recording."

Sereine: "No, you weren't. Who were you playing around with this time?"

Palpy: "If you had any breeding you would know, my dear."
LL chapter 1 . 12/17/2007
OMG, what a terrific story and what great writing!

"Well, I can tell you now that he was different. Not before or since have I met someone so infallible, who really seemed to know the perfect words, the perfect manner, the perfect strategy, the perfect outcome…and the perfect caress. Perfection isn’t in many people. I’m not saying he was perfect – I’m just saying that… he was it. Flawed, undeniably, obviously, awfully… but still…

These young idealists nowadays – freedom, government for the people, all that, they look on the Old Republic as a kind old granny – like me – that’s looking down on them benevolently from wherever dead governments go when they die. Well. I can tell you it wasn’t heaven, and it could be as mean as a rancor on a bad day – but it was damn fun, and dear gods could we throw parties back then. Wonderful parties… I remember one time when… but I digress."

What perfect turns of phrase. And you really can believe that this is an old lady, wandering from memory to memory as the old do.

I think the idea behind this is really inspired and unusual. But just like Palpatine-to use somebody and then throw them away once they were no longer useful. Only Palpy could figure out how to use somebody for their voice, though-or want to. How do you come UP with these ideas?

This is so great. I've really missed your SW writing. You never finished that second gay Palpy story :( *wah!*

I'm glad "Midnight" helped inspire this one, and thanks for the plug! (Check out the announcements at the end.)

-LL.